Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sould they add a extra tab to see the reports on you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Well, Cubecraft was created (mainly) for entertainment purposes, I guess Cubecraft should shut down because it's "pointless"?

You didn't understand what I meant. I meant entertainment as something completely different from the entertainment you would get from Cubecraft. The ability to see how many reports were made on you for only the reason to make you feel better, is pretty stupid. The only thing I can see you getting out of it is a bigger ego.
Unless you don't care about having a big ego, go ahead and vote yes. But in my opinion this is pointless.

Because people want to know. Why do you think there are philsophers? Because they want to know things. Why do you think people make up religions? Because they want to know things.

Now that you went into deeper depths, I want to point out religion was made to comfort people. Not to know things. Also religions does not necessarily make logical and rational points. Philosophy was started to understand things, which in turn means they want to know things. But they want to know things to understand things. Knowing how many reports does not make you understand anything else besides what you already know (e.g. Hey look I'm not a hacker!).

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
@Scream it seem you'd like some examples of why this would be useful?

1. If someone reports you with evidence that is/seems legit, knowing that it's there will allow you to prepare an appeal ahead of time, which usually means that you will be unpunished sonner as well (if it gets accepted). If someone records of video that appears to show you hacking but you weren't, and you're the type of guy who likes to record every game, then knowing that you've been reported will give you the heads up that you need to save that video you recorded for your appeal instead of delete it, which you'd would've done.

2. If someone claims to have reported you, being able to check that they haven't will give you peace of mind. No one likes going a week stressed out about a potential ban! I know that when they say they "reported" you, they're usually bluffing, but you never know.

Reactions: Power Ranger

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Well why see reports on you that aren't successful I just look at salty players who can't PvP in 1.9 and that call me a hacker out loud found one of those earlier or I look at @NedGaming ;D

Successful reports you are shown the evidence so where does this come into play

Also this will make some players start to bully others for reporting them falsely and they know about it

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
@Scream it seem you'd like some examples of why this would be useful?

1. If someone reports you with evidence that is/seems legit, knowing that it's there will allow you to prepare an appeal ahead of time, which usually means that you will be unpunished sonner as well (if it gets accepted). If someone records of video that appears to show you hacking but you weren't, and you're the type of guy who likes to record every game, then knowing that you've been reported will give you the heads up that you need to save that video you recorded for your appeal instead of delete it, which you'd would've done.

2. If someone claims to have reported you, being able to check that they haven't will give you peace of mind. No one likes going a week stressed out about a potential ban! I know that when they say they "reported" you, they're usually bluffing, but you never know.

Then again, majority of the people who report you can't distinguish legit play and hacking. If you know that you are playing legit, you have nothing to worry about. I don't really know how this appeal thing works, but I get the gist that you should add evidence along with it. But then I have heard that you can always bring this to the attention of higher staff if your appeal has been rejected. It may bring you the ease of preparing an appeal early, but then again, how does the staff team know that you didn't just relog and changed into a different client?

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Reports are a thing so we (staff) can punish players who are not obeying the rules.
Nothing too exciting.

I personally don't think players should be able to search their own name or know who made a report if they get punished.
The whole system isn't there to let players know how many times they have been reported. :)

If you're curious you can always search on YouTube for a video.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Don't think it's necessary to add, the report page is to report players, not to see how many times you've got reported, -1.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
tbh this might be cool.

I've probably been reported maybe 10-15 times because about everygame i play theres a guy who calls hacks on me because i get combos and make clutch comebacks. (1.8 PvP)

Soeshi

Forum Veteran
Mar 28, 2016
The Netherlands.
Bit unnecessary, of course its fun to see if you are reported but thats only it.

You can search your name on youtube to :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🤍
Kazwa wrote on AuraVSTz's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ^-^
WWW Cosmetics update is on the horizon!!
IMG_5555.png
Top Bottom