Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Rakion

Aug 2, 2016
In your opinion fellow PvPers which combat mechanic makes the player put more effort in to become good with it.
1.8 or 1.9 pvp?

Which combat mechanic do you like the best and why?
Which one is harder to "master" in a way?

Just wanna hear your opinion!

Reactions: HurricaneLexi

Dohaa

Nov 27, 2016
I think this is highly controversial, but I believe 1.8, I will explain why.

• 1.8 often requires you to learn skills, such as "jitter clicking", which is something learnt not just waking up one day and being able to do it, like a lot of 1.9+ supports believe.
  • 1.9 has shields, do I need to add more?
  • In 1.9 most hits are traded, that's a fact, if two skilled players fight a lot of the fights are traded, therefore luck is a huge thing, so if someone opens a chest and gets better armour they get a higher chance of winning with no real skill. In 1.8 if you can aim while clicking faster you aleast have a chance.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
Considering they are different to the point of almost being different games you can’t really compare them. I always found 1.8 to be more fun because it was faster paced, just my opinion but 1.9 takes different “skills” than 1.8, one isn’t necessarily harder than the other.
It really depends on game mode (kit pvp, SkyWars, SG, etc.), what you use in the game mode (sword, axe, bow, fire/lava, blocks, bridging), situation in the game mode. There are too many variables to consider to come to a conclusion of which one is harder to become better at.
That’s my opinion anways :P it’s why there will never be a “best pvper” either. These things will only ever be based on preference :3

There will always be that one thing you will find that makes you realised you haven’t mastered it :P

Reactions: CubeTale

JimStyles

Jun 20, 2017
France
Los verdaderos jugadores de Minecraft que no son muchos niños están en 1.8.

En 1.9 la conexión a su internet influye mucho.
Si eres de Europa, la versión 1.9 sería tu versión favorita.

Pero en 1.8, todos tienen casi un registro de hit, no importa si el jugador está listo o si una conexión más lejana podría alcanzar casi el mismo nivel.

Como dije primero "Los jugadores reales están en el 1.8"

No quiero ofender a nadie, esto es solo mi opinión

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
From my experience, 1.8 is a lot harder to really master because there are more/harder things to learn.
Also, in 1.9 if someone is better at PvP, he would almost always win, but 1.8 is a lot more based on small decisive moments so a lot less experienced players can easily take down experienced players in some cases. Correct me if I am wrong though, I haven't played as much 1.8 as I have played 1.9.

Reactions: LeCastel

Ruisdier

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2017
your basement
I think 1.8. I also see a lot of 1.8 players use fishing rods and switch back too swords so fast it all looks very confusing while 1.9+ doesn't.

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
I like 1.9 pvp more. One reason is because I can’t click fast. I know I can practice my technique... The other reason is because my friends plays 1.9.
I think 1.8 is easier to get average in, but harder to master. It’s many things to learn, like clicking techniques and the fishing rod.

Dohaa

Nov 27, 2016
I like 1.9 pvp more. One reason is because I can’t click fast. I know I can practice my technique... The other reason is because my friends plays 1.9.
I think 1.8 is easier to get average in, but harder to master. It’s many things to learn, like clicking techniques and the fishing rod.

It isn't about what you like the question asks which requires more skills, which you basically said 1.8 from what you described.

A Table

Mar 5, 2019
I think 1.8 combat is really fast paced but 1.9 combat is more satisfying.

1.8 requires fast thinking while 1.9 requires clever planning, but of course both can help interchangeably. I just think that specifically those areas are the ones that really count for each version.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
JokeKaedee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎊💗
Top Bottom