Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

ali_ksa_1425

Feb 8, 2023
I'd like to reconsider the idea of rolling back the Minecraft Java server to version 1.8

Many gamers give up on the idea of playing in Cube Craft Java server compared to Hypixel server, which was your biggest competitor and now it is on a completely different level due to the latest release.

The number of Cube Craft Java players at this time is up to 300, compared to 8,000 and 6,000 players previously!!

Hopefully 1.8 will come back, even if it's just for egg wars

Redned

Protocol Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Apr 24, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey, thanks for the suggestion, but this is something that is not feasible nor economical for us.

We upgraded from 1.8 nearly two years ago due to the limitations it was imposing on us in terms of the content we could provide. The player count for that version had been on a gradual decline for quite some time, making up on average 1% of our entire Java & Bedrock playerbases. Maintaining this version also required a disproportionate amount of resources to maintain parts of our codebase that are very important to the player experience, such as Sentinel. As such, we made the decision to close 1.8.

Additionally, we are in the process of updating our server to 1.19, which will propel our content even further, and trying to bring back a 1.8 server on top of that wouldn't make any sense for us. The content we'd be able to bring on 1.8 is nowhere near the level of quality we're seeking to achieve with 1.19. We're grateful for all the memories 1.8 brought along with how far it carried us since 2014, but our sights are set on the future, and backtracking is not something we're interested in doing. If you'd like more information on why we ended with this decision, please take a look at this thread.

Thanks again for your suggestion!

~ Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #46- Ants don’t have lungs. They instead breathe through spiracles, nine or ten tiny openings, depending on the species.
woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
Top Bottom