• Yes

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

MadBadJK

Sep 11, 2018
near the landmark near my house
Okay I know the staff are already under heavy pressure from existing games. But theres actually no existing way to compete in a 1v1 or in a group against known people.
Not tryna be toxic but many people be like:
"LmAo KiD jUsT gO iN a sKyWaRs oR eGgWaRs gAmE aNd rEaCh uR fRiEnDs aS sOoN aS pOsSibLe LoL wHaT aN iDiOt"
"LoL jUsT gO oN 1.9"

Thats pointless. Plus theres like 5 hackers every time you play in skywars. (not criticizing sentinel for this :D)

I'm just requesting for a small duels update, nothing much. One or two duel types would be just fine. Staff could add more if they want, but I think at least there should be one way to battle known people face to face.

Plus 1.8 PvP duels are much more fun and fast than 1.9 duels!

Open for voting. Please add your votes to the Poll!

I would love to know your personal views! Arguments to be posted in the comments.
Thanks!

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
Idk if they will get much use. The 1.8 community is smaller and in 1.9 there's usually less than 50 people in duels at once. I expect the 1.8 number to be less than half of that, since the 1.8 network usually has 1/3 less users online compared to 1.9, so idk if it's worth the time to port it over for it to not be used much.

EDIT: Message from Quetzi, from discord , about that issue:

Pj4YRBb.png

Last edited:

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
The issue here is that it is not a small update, there is quite a chunk of code that needs to be ported to 1.8 in order to support duels. I ported PvP to 1.8 myself (I'm not really a developer) however the supporting systems required for duels means that I would need to assign a real developer to it, something we just don't have the wiggle room for right now.

Reactions: Dudu

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
The issue here is that it is not a small update, there is quite a chunk of code that needs to be ported to 1.8 in order to support duels. I ported PvP to 1.8 myself (I'm not really a developer) however the supporting systems required for duels means that I would need to assign a real developer to it, something we just don't have the wiggle room for right now.
Cubecraft don't have "real" developers?

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
Cubecraft don't have "real" developers?

He meant that the work needed to port dules over to 1.8 can't be done by anyone, it has to be done by a "real" developer, which is not possible at the time, presumably because the developers are busy.

mitgobla

Marketplace Coordinator
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Dec 11, 2018
Wales, United Kingdom
ben-dodd.com
Pronouns
He/Him
still we get spammed with this junk but we don’t get update that is suggested and escalated (in one thread) many times.Bedrock has more players but java is the place everything started from
Again, that's because there are many more designers than developers. It's an entirely different system. Designers don't implement most of the escalated threads, that's the developer's task.

criolo

Sep 10, 2015
PT
Yes, we have developers, but they are busy with other projects that are more important to our community than 1.8 duels.
That answer ... Your staff right? Hmm
That means, 1.8 doesn't get relevance for you?

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
Designers don't implement most of the escalated threads, that's the developer's task.

Developers don't implement escalated threads either, that isn't what escalated means. When a thread gets escalated it just means that the moderation team have decided to highlight that thread to Management for consideration as they think it would be a good idea.

That answer ... Your staff right? Hmm
That means, 1.8 doesn't get relevance for you?

If you would read the message that you actually quoted you can see exactly what I'm saying, there is no 'between the lines' it is as I've said it is.

Yes, we have developers, but they are busy with other projects that are more important to our community than 1.8 duels.

Reactions: mitgobla
Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom