Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
Last edited:

Lyriie

Sr. Mod
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
Great job, it looks amazing and very fun!

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
How specifically? I can't think of a way really to make each block trail behind it, and to detect where the end of the tail is to attach another block to it
There is a entity called "area_effect_cloud" (AEC) which is used for splash potions. It is very handy for this kinda stuff since it has an "Age" tag. It despawns when it is 1 tick old (a 20th of a second). So you can easily control the life duration. If you summon that entity with an age of for example -20, it lives 21 ticks (or 1.05) seconds before it despawns.
So if you summon an AEC with a certain age on a block, and let all the AEC aged 0 remove their blocks, you can make a trail.
It is a bit more complex than that, since you also have to think of making the trail bigger when it eats an apple, but I think that's the best way to explain :).

Reactions: MeliodasWrath

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
There is a entity called "area_effect_cloud" (AEC) which is used for splash potions. It is very handy for this kinda stuff since it has an "Age" tag. It despawns when it is 1 tick old (a 20th of a second). So you can easily control the life duration. If you summon that entity with an age of for example -20, it lives 21 ticks (or 1.05) seconds before it despawns.
So if you summon an AEC with a certain age on a block, and let all the AEC aged 0 remove their blocks, you can make a trail.
It is a bit more complex than that, since you also have to think of making the trail bigger when it eats an apple, but I think that's the best way to explain :).
Ahhh that's smart! I wouldn't have thought of it myself, I don't even think I'm as advanced as that with command blocks. Thanks for the insight! :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Egg🥚
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom