Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Velocidad

Jan 10, 2021
Spain
After the last news that the cubecraft community received, that version 1.8 would close on June 15, there has been a lot of excitement about this decision, there are many who disagree with this decision and another part agree, but leaving that aside The important thing now is that many players of 1.8 will try to adapt to this version to which cubecraft moves, which is 1.12.2 that brings a completely different pvp. I have tried to look for several videos to see some tips but there is hardly any content on how to improve in this pvp compared to 1.8. That is why I have created this thread so that all these players like me from 1.8 who do not have any experience in this new pvp can receive tips and tricks from the most veteran in this type of pvp.

Surely many of the doubts that 1.8 players will have will be similar, such as what FOV is the best, how to start a combo and how to maintain it ...

That said, I hope this thread will help all 1.8 players who are a bit lost with this new pvp, I look forward to your advices.

(If there was any video that helped you in your improvement process, it would be perfect for you to send them)

EDIT:I have been talking with some pros of this 1.12.2 and they have given me a discord server where they have created a guide that I think will help many 1.8 players

server: https://discord.gg/vrSjMGdF

Last edited:
Reactions: Texbirds

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
In my opinion, just practice, practice, practice, practice and uhh... PRACTICE! Use a lot a of A or D and w tap, or as I say, when you hit someone stop pressing the W and than continue with doing that and combine it with A & D!

Reactions: Velocidad

Sploggy

Mar 24, 2021
One of the first things I would recommend is going into your video settings and making sure that your 'Attack Indicator' is set to 'Crosshair' and NOT Hotbar, as I believe that this makes it easier to check the weapon attack cooldown during a PVP fight as you can maintain full focus on the fight instead of having to glance down at your hotbar.

You also see a lot of players holding food in their offhand (particularly golden apples in certain gamemodes) as this can just make it easier eating when in an intense situation as you don't have to hotkey or use the scroll wheel.

Lastly, I would say that learning to strafe is very important in 1.12.2 PVP as a missed hit from your opponent can make all the difference in a fight. As well as strafing allows you to easily get a combo as you are constantly moving around your opponent and it is hard for them to time their attack to hit you in one place, and may resort to spam clicking which does little damage.

Velocidad

Jan 10, 2021
Spain
One of the first things I would recommend is going into your video settings and making sure that your 'Attack Indicator' is set to 'Crosshair' and NOT Hotbar, as I believe that this makes it easier to check the weapon attack cooldown during a PVP fight as you can maintain full focus on the fight instead of having to glance down at your hotbar.

You also see a lot of players holding food in their offhand (particularly golden apples in certain gamemodes) as this can just make it easier eating when in an intense situation as you don't have to hotkey or use the scroll wheel.

Lastly, I would say that learning to strafe is very important in 1.12.2 PVP as a missed hit from your opponent can make all the difference in a fight. As well as strafing allows you to easily get a combo as you are constantly moving around your opponent and it is hard for them to time their attack to hit you in one place, and may resort to spam clicking which does little damage.
I have put on different texture packs and this indicator always disappears, it only remains when I have the default texture pack.

Slvrp

Nov 23, 2016
I don't like to admit, but I clicked this for a friend so I can teach him 1.9 pvp.. (:

• Haha

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
I don't think that is really necessary. You know when you can give people a full hit when your sword is at the highest point and when you get a bit more experienced, you know the timing and it goes automatically.

Sploggy

Mar 24, 2021
I don't think that is really necessary. You know when you can give people a full hit when your sword is at the highest point and when you get a bit more experienced, you know the timing and it goes automatically.
I agree that for more experienced players it is not necessary as you will learn to know the timing and automatically swing at the right time. But for beginner 1.9 PVP players I still think that the combat indicator is really useful and is easier and clearer than seeing when your weapon is at the highest point as some newer players may get the highest point wrong as they are unused to seeing their weapon disappear from 1.8 PVP. Whereas, the combat indicator is simply a bar that fills up making it easy for players to spot when they should swing.

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
I agree that for more experienced players it is not necessary as you will learn to know the timing and automatically swing at the right time. But for beginner 1.9 PVP players I still think that the combat indicator is really useful and is easier and clearer than seeing when your weapon is at the highest point as some newer players may get the highest point wrong as they are unused to seeing their weapon disappear from 1.8 PVP. Whereas, the combat indicator is simply a bar that fills up making it easy for players to spot when they should swing.
It is not really bad if you swing just before the perfect moment. The difference in damage is really small.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
Top Bottom