Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

The CubeCraft Times

Oct 23, 2020
bit.ly
tcct edition 33.jpg

😊 Short but Cute

A little shorter edition then normally, no staff interview but still something relaxing to start off your week! I hope you enjoy it. PS. Our discord server got a huge glow up, make sure you check it out!

🎉 Icon Changes: Good or Bad?

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new" -Socratis, Greek philosopher
If you are unaware: CubeCraft has had these items (shown below) in your inventory for all of your lobby needs, social menu, lobby changer etc. for many years.
1623017568607.png

Made by: Quartz
1623017576581.png

These are old unoriginal and uncreative so new custom textures (shown below) were added to spice things up a bit.
1623017583112.png

Made by: TnAdan
1623017591162.png

The instant reactions to these changes in short were "ew", they are new and people on CubeCraft do not tend to like new thing, however immediate feedback was given to Story (the designer of these icons) by myself and Quartz. We thought that they may look nicer without the bold white outline, I can't say for sure but I reckon Story took this into consideration and made a pole asking whether people prefer the icons with or without the outline. Summarised, the majority of people prefer the new icons without the outline.
Separately, Quartz (a key member to this discussion apparently), decided to make a "new program" in which he described the pros and cons and quite bluntly showed his hatred for FFA and the Fancy Icons, more info can be found here.
Now finally, I posted a poll an hour after the release of these icons, asking whether you preferred the new or old versions. At the time of writing it has a total of 36 votes, split evenly between liking new and old.
Please share your opinions on this as every person has a voice to be heard!

Article by: @Conea64

🚫 Dragclicking Banned

Dragclicking, for those that don’t know it: It is a way of clicking on your mouse to get up to 50 CPS. With this high amount of CPS, people are able to godbridge and clutch jumps. But this high CPS gives an advantage to people who are not able to dragclick. So Team CubeCraft decided to disallow dragclicking, starting from the 15th of June, you are not allowed to dragclick anymore. Jitterclicking and butterflyclicking are still allowed. But we won’t be able to get a 50 CPS anymore. Hopefully the experience for new players will be better. This being only a side note of the 1.12 update means a lot more will change. You can read all about it in TCCT over the coming weeks, so stay tuned!

Article by: @colinverp

🌟 Top 3 Threads

🥇 Bug Balance Update - by @Shotgun

Another amazing thread by Shotgun! It's all about a new TD update: the Bug / Balance update! Good job, Shot! You should definitely check it out!

🥈 FFA People Leaving - by @SloppyJoe1560

A simple but cool suggestion from SloppyJoe! It's all about FFA kills when people leave the game, go check it out!

🥉 Cages - by @JGCreate

Really cool cages built by JGCreate - they're really talented! Good job on creating those amazing cages, you should definitely check them out!

Written by: @Gregeyy

❓ Support Forum Update

Sometimes, when you ask a question in subforums, you get loads of answers, which may be right, but more than likely mostly wrong. And if other people ask the same question, you answer them a wrong answer, which results in more and more people believing the wrong answer. And this is where the new restriction comes in.
Now, only staff can reply to questions on the subforum. Of course, you can still view the question, you just can’t answer them. Hopefully there will be less misunderstandings in the future!
🔗 Original thread

Article by: @sweetgembi1116

🏝️ Slime Survival Part 9

The slimes had now adopted a new strategy to try and reach me. They were climbing up to the roof the way I had and then tried to jump down onto the ledge. But every single one of them lost their footing, and I wasn't sure if it was the fact that they were made of slime that was the cause. As I was looking up to the roof to watch them, I noticed something shiny underneath the roof of the building I was on. I cautiously reached up and grabbed the object, and when I looked at it in the light I realised it was a key. The key to the chest! Whoever buried the chest must have hidden the key here, knowing that the slimes wouldn't be able to reach it, and by sheer coincidence I had managed to find it.

By this point, the slimes had gone back to staring at me from the ground. There were still too many of them for me to make a run for the chest. But from past experience I'd had with them, they didn't seem to be the most intelligent creatures, so perhaps I could trick them in some way. I thought for a few minutes, then remembered that I knew the only way I could divert their attention. Oh.

I pulled the Frost Sword out of my belt. I didn't want to give it up, but it was likely the only way I would be able to distract them long enough to reach the chest and open it. Let's just hope it will be worth it. I counted to three and then threw the Frost Sword out into the crowd of slimes. They ran to it immediately and I leapt off the ledge and ran in the opposite direction, towards the center of the island where the chest was hidden.

I quickly dropped to my knees and put the key into the lock. It took a few tries as my hands were trembling. When the lid popped open, I could see three objects inside. One was a round, grey ball about the size of my palm and it was labelled "Gravity Explosive". The second was a long, orange rod that was warm to touch, and that one simply said "Blink". The last item was a book, which was very neatly presented with a red ribbon wrapped around it.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to read it. I sensed the slimes coming and looked up. One of them had managed to pick up the Frost Sword, but I knew that it did not affect me the same way that it did them. Still I wasn't taking any chances. I ran for my little boat, got in with the three special objects I had acquired, and rowed away from the island as fast as I could.

Article by: @FadedLeaves

📜 Staff Changes

7 new helpers joined the Staff team this week! Say congratulations to Dutchyyy, Anneum, Pineapple Man, ShinyArrow, Zillu, Kazwa and BesottedPotato! Also, 0 members of the team have left! Last but not least Modulo and _StolasGoetia_ got promoted to moderator and Reapz became a designer again!

Note: Due to our HUGE Discord update we don't have translations this week. We are really sorry but hope you still enjoy the English version!

💼 TCCT Applications

TCCT is searching for staff! Do you think CubeCraft having their own newspaper is incredible and do you want to contribute? Below are the options, click on the headings to apply!

🖋️ Publisher

As an editor you combine all the articles into the newspaper. You also add the translations with spoilers. Make sure you know how BB codes work before you apply. This job does take quite a lot time each week!

🧊 Reporter

A reporter writes articles for the newspaper. They also actively search for content to write about across the Network. It’s super fun to work as a reporter!

🌏 Translator

Your job will be translating the newspaper into your own language. We already have many different languages so maybe we won’t accept you if it is a new language.

🛠️ Helper

As a helper you can help us moderate our discord server. You need to be at least level 3 in our server!

Don't forget to join our Discord server!

Click here for the link - Information can be found there.​

THIS THREAD WAS MADE BY: @xEefster

Last edited:

TnAdan_

Jul 13, 2020
Brazil
as usual an awesome work!
i personally liked the change of the icons, but ill suggest it some changes later because of some things that doesnt match

drag clicking in my oppinion is a bit unfair;
now, dont go put your anime glasses on to say: "u can dragclick on any mouse" wich i already know, but lets say i have a little ofice mouse, i can drag maximum 20 CPS, now lets get that guy with the blody A bedless, getting 40 to 60 CPS avarage, how would that be fair?

well, in general even with the edition a bit shorter, still a good work, congratz to all the team

ssunsett

Moderator ☀️
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 25, 2021
Belgium
It’s again a great and cute edition! It was fun to read again. Thank you everyone for putting your time into this, it's really appreciated 💜

• Love
Reactions: Dualninja

RobinDn

Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2017
Nice thread, now we can read the last updates en features from cube and the community! :D

• Love
Reactions: Dualninja
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Eli wrote on Eli Shane's profile.
Legend
Eli
This app feature is so convenient!

1713280002706.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
Top Bottom