Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Don’t forget that 9 villagers should also spawn to show that you’re actually sabotaging them!!

Anyway yes pls, I know I came up with the idea randomly in the Discord, but I think it’s a good idea, albeit silly…

Ssshadoww

Jul 11, 2023
:3
Pronouns
He/Him
Don’t forget that 9 villagers should also spawn to show that you’re actually sabotaging them!!

Anyway yes pls, I know I came up with the idea randomly in the Discord, but I think it’s a good idea, albeit silly…
yes and obviously the villagers spawn in !!! great idea.

Reactions: Hoshi

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I am opposed to this mini game being added for these reason:
  • “Sabotage the villagers” is a bit vague, and players might be confused what to do. “Ignite the tnt” is a lot clearer when it comes to indicating what the player needs to do to win
  • Because “Ignite the tnt” already exists, it wouldn’t stand out or feel unique
  • It would be very easy to stand in front of players to block their vision. This seems fundamentally annoying, and would lead to games where only a few work stations are broken. This game would be less about reaction time, and more about hoping nobody chooses to block your vision for the duration of the game. Furthermore, changing perspectives may allow you to avoid having your vision blocked, which is something that mobile players can’t do quickly, creating a meta that isn’t accessible by all players.
In my opinion, this idea needs to be changed in a way that makes it interesting, unique, and fun.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
“Sabotage the villagers” is a bit vague, and players might be confused what to do. “Ignite the tnt” is a lot clearer when it comes to indicating what the player needs to do to win
It definitely isn’t the final name for the microgame. It was just the name we came up with and we then started thinking of what the microgame could be like.

Because “Ignite the tnt” already exists, it wouldn’t stand out or feel unique
Firstly, I would like to mention that we also have “lava floor” and “avoid the water”, two practically identical games. Additionally, this idea is, in my opinion, not similar to ignite the TNT at all. It was simply an example made so people could understand where the workstations would possibly spawn. I’d argue it would be a lot more unique as you’d have entities spawn, roaming around and possibly even a change of scenery.

Moreover, you wouldn’t have to ignite the workstations, but break them using your hand or perhaps a tool. Players could, for instance, be given an axe and a pickaxe, which they should then use on the different types of workstations. One tool would be faster than the other, requiring players to be quick in their thinking.

It would be very easy to stand in front of players to block their vision. This seems fundamentally annoying, and would lead to games where only a few work stations are broken. This game would be less about reaction time, and more about hoping nobody chooses to block your vision for the duration of the game. Furthermore, changing perspectives may allow you to avoid having your vision blocked, which is something that mobile players can’t do quickly, creating a meta that isn’t accessible by all players.
I’m confused about why this would be an issue, at all. Many other microgames (and boss games) depend on players undermining others or having additional features that allow people to do so. Think of the extra snowballs in “build a snow golem” and the snowballs that are dropped in “don’t get spotted”. You can bodyblock in a lot of microgames on top of those additional features, so why would it be a problem here? For instance, you can bodyblock in “ignite the TNT” as well, on top of stealing others’ TNT by being quick. MinerWare is about strategy and swiftness, after all.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Firstly, I would like to mention that we also have “lava floor” and “avoid the water”, two practically identical games. Additionally, this idea is, in my opinion, not similar to ignite the TNT at all. It was simply an example made so people could understand where the workstations would possibly spawn. I’d argue it would be a lot more unique as you’d have entities spawn, roaming around and possibly even a change of scenery.

Moreover, you wouldn’t have to ignite the workstations, but break them using your hand or perhaps a tool. Players could, for instance, be given an axe and a pickaxe, which they should then use on the different types of workstations. One tool would be faster than the other, requiring players to be quick in their thinking.

I’m confused about why this would be an issue, at all. Many other microgames (and boss games) depend on players undermining others or having additional features that allow people to do so. Think of the extra snowballs in “build a snow golem” and the snowballs that are dropped in “don’t get spotted”. You can bodyblock in a lot of microgames on top of those additional features, so why would it be a problem here? For instance, you can bodyblock in “ignite the TNT” as well, on top of stealing others’ TNT by being quick. MinerWare is about strategy and swiftness, after all.
  1. I think that lava floor and avoid the water being similar is also a flaw. I’m not sure if you saw polarbear’s thread from a while ago (I can find it if you want) but I completely agree with the changes he suggested to make lava floor a unique and fun microgame. I think this and ignite the tnt have a lot in common. Both of these games would require players to react in within a time limit to destroy 1 of 9 blocks located on a map, and to do so before another player does. I made this post before reading your comment about the villagers, but I don’t think having passive entities would significantly effect the gameplay, although I guess they could get in players ways or serve as a distraction.
  2. I like your idea of letting players use tools to more efficiently break work stations. I think this is a great improvement
  3. This is a pet peeve I have with many micro games in minerware, and is 1 of many reasons I don’t prefer minerware to other warioware clones. The issue I have with these games is that when I loose because of a different player sabotaging me, I feel that I had no way of preventing that player from sabotaging me. It can make winning the game feel out of my control, and dependent on the choices of other players, rather than my own. The most common instances of this is when a player chooses to target you in a ffa micro game, like tower climb, stand on the color, king of the hill, etc.
This is how I would alter the game to make it unique and fun in my opinion:

Players spawn in an actual village. They don’t start with tools, but can obtain them by searching chests inside the village. Depending on the size of the village, a different, but reasonable amount of workstations spawn each time, approximately 11 (I believe this change is needed, because a player who obtains a tool first could break several workstations first) Players who break at least 1 work station get a point. However, punching villagers, breaking chests, or breaking workstations upsets the iron golem. Even if the golem kills the player after they break a workstation, they loose credit and don’t get the point. The time limit for this game should be a bit longer than for ignite the tnt.

I think this would be a unique and fun microgame. Having a random village would keep it from becoming repetitive. Players could choose to break a workstation immediately without a tool, or try to get a tool to break workstations. The iron golem is a fun twist that punishes players who get impatient or don’t pay attention.

Ssshadoww

Jul 11, 2023
Pronouns
He/Him
I am opposed to this mini game being added for these reason:
  • “Sabotage the villagers” is a bit vague, and players might be confused what to do. “Ignite the tnt” is a lot clearer when it comes to indicating what the player needs to do to win
  • Because “Ignite the tnt” already exists, it wouldn’t stand out or feel unique
  • It would be very easy to stand in front of players to block their vision. This seems fundamentally annoying, and would lead to games where only a few work stations are broken. This game would be less about reaction time, and more about hoping nobody chooses to block your vision for the duration of the game. Furthermore, changing perspectives may allow you to avoid having your vision blocked, which is something that mobile players can’t do quickly, creating a meta that isn’t accessible by all players.
In my opinion, this idea needs to be changed in a way that makes it interesting, unique, and fun.
It’s supposed to be a different ignite the tnt. Many different micro games exist already that mimic others. And other games such as ‘splat!’ Are even vaguer.

Ssshadoww

Jul 11, 2023
Pronouns
He/Him
  1. I think that lava floor and avoid the water being similar is also a flaw. I’m not sure if you saw polarbear’s thread from a while ago (I can find it if you want) but I completely agree with the changes he suggested to make lava floor a unique and fun microgame. I think this and ignite the tnt have a lot in common. Both of these games would require players to react in within a time limit to destroy 1 of 9 blocks located on a map, and to do so before another player does. I made this post before reading your comment about the villagers, but I don’t think having passive entities would significantly effect the gameplay, although I guess they could get in players ways or serve as a distraction.
  2. I like your idea of letting players use tools to more efficiently break work stations. I think this is a great improvement
  3. This is a pet peeve I have with many micro games in minerware, and is 1 of many reasons I don’t prefer minerware to other warioware clones. The issue I have with these games is that when I loose because of a different player sabotaging me, I feel that I had no way of preventing that player from sabotaging me. It can make winning the game feel out of my control, and dependent on the choices of other players, rather than my own. The most common instances of this is when a player chooses to target you in a ffa micro game, like tower climb, stand on the color, king of the hill, etc.
This is how I would alter the game to make it unique and fun in my opinion:

Players spawn in an actual village. They don’t start with tools, but can obtain them by searching chests inside the village. Depending on the size of the village, a different, but reasonable amount of workstations spawn each time, approximately 11 (I believe this change is needed, because a player who obtains a tool first could break several workstations first) Players who break at least 1 work station get a point. However, punching villagers, breaking chests, or breaking workstations upsets the iron golem. Even if the golem kills the player after they break a workstation, they loose credit and don’t get the point. The time limit for this game should be a bit longer than for ignite the tnt.

I think this would be a unique and fun microgame. Having a random village would keep it from becoming repetitive. Players could choose to break a workstation immediately without a tool, or try to get a tool to break workstations. The iron golem is a fun twist that punishes players who get impatient or don’t pay attention.
i like the feature of the iron golem. just not the village. if you are concerned about one platform having an edge over another, think of how fast console players can collect items from chests.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
i like the feature of the iron golem. just not the village. if you are concerned about one platform having an edge over another, think of how fast console players can collect items from chests.
Is collecting items from chest slow on console? If it is, I wasn’t aware, and feel like it should be addressed more than it is.

Ssshadoww

Jul 11, 2023
Pronouns
He/Him
Is collecting items from chest slow on console? If it is, I wasn’t aware, and feel like it should be addressed more than it is.
it is very slow yes, lots of mini games are better for different platforms

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
Top Bottom