Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

QwertyMo

Nov 5, 2017
Russia
Okay, russian players can't use russain letters, because we can swear. But at another languages people can't swear? This is sanctions against Russia? Why we can't use russian letters, but we can use, for example, deutch letters? They can swear too. And, because of this, we can't communicate through server chat, and we need to use Labby mod chat, or 5zig, that uncomfortable for us.

Это очень сильно смахивает на ответные санкции против России, аля там чото со Скрипалями, да и ещё что-то в мире творится, вроде американцы там охренели тоже. Русское комьюнити на кубкрафте немаленькое, и я не думаю, что было бы умно просто так взять, и за какие-то ругательство нам просто урезать чат.

Sry for my bad english

Last edited:

CakeGirl0

Apr 8, 2018
Поддерживаю. Жутко ведь играть стало неудобно. ВЕРНИТЕ РУССКИЙ!

It's terrible. It's uncomfortable. RETURN RUSSIAN!!!!

Reactions: QwertyMo

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Okay, russian players can't use russain letters, because we can swear. But at another languages people can't swear? This is sanctions against Russia? Why we can't use russian letters, but we can use, for example, deutch letters? They can swear too. And, because of this, we can't communicate through server chat, and we need to use Labby mod chat, or 5zig, that uncomfortable for us.

Это очень сильно смахивает на ответные санкции против России, аля там чото со Скрипалями, да и ещё что-то в мире творится, вроде американцы там охренели тоже. Русское комьюнити на кубкрафте немаленькое, и я не думаю, что было бы умно просто так взять, и за какие-то ругательство нам просто урезать чат.

Sry for my bad english
Привет!
It's the same with bulgarian. I would like to use bulgarian letters in the cubecraft chat.
~~~
Същото е и с българския език. Бих искала да пиша на български език в чата.

precisi0n

Aug 2, 2017
Though I use English to communicate (mainly) AND I am Russian, I upvote for this. You sometimes cannot even use transliteration (!) to say something in Russian, because the ridiculously annoying chat filter blocks whatever supposed to be (or looks like) offensive and/or immature.
PS: I've seen people use Russian cyrillics in chat, I wonder how it actually works. Put three dots before your message? (just my guess)

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
In Russia chat filters you.

Seriously though, I believe this isn't the case with Russian alphabet only (correct me if I'm wrong), but with a lot of other symbols used in other languages as well (for example Japanese or Arabic). Not sure why they've censored certain symbols. It doesn't seem to me that it could be used in a more offensive or manipulative way than the common alphabet.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
The reason as to why Russian, Arabic, Japanese and all other non-Roman alphabets are blocked from chat is because we can't moderate them. If we would allow languages no single staff member understands, there would be tons of swearing, scamming and other violations of our rules. We would also have to rely on a small group of people who actively report in these languages, and in order to deal with the reports, we would have to rely on (robotic) translators.

I do understand where this is coming from-- if, on a Russian server, the Roman alphabet would be blocked, I'd be screwed. However if the Roman alphabet would be unblocked and all I would see is people swearing and threatening each other, I wouldn't play there as the Russian staff team simply can't moderate these people. :[

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
The reason as to why Russian, Arabic, Japanese and all other non-Roman alphabets are blocked from chat is because we can't moderate them. If we would allow languages no single staff member understands, there would be tons of swearing, scamming and other violations of our rules.
Though aren't there enough languages out there that also use the Roman alphabet that moderators potentially can't understand either? Besides, there's a text channel for Arabic on Cube's Discord I believe which makes it a little weird that you're saying no staff member is able to actually moderate the language.

QwertyMo

Nov 5, 2017
Russia
Though I use English to communicate (mainly) AND I am Russian, I upvote for this. You sometimes cannot even use transliteration (!) to say something in Russian, because the ridiculously annoying chat filter blocks whatever supposed to be (or looks like) offensive and/or immature.
PS: I've seen people use Russian cyrillics in chat, I wonder how it actually works. Put three dots before your message? (just my guess)
This doesn't work now :c

Okay, I'm understand, that filter blocks messages at global chat, but why at party and friends chat too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
Besides, there's a text channel for Arabic on Cube's Discord I believe which makes it a little weird that you're saying no staff member is able to actually moderate the language
Providing a channel for something we can't moderate was a bad move-- most moderators aren't standing behind the decision.
Though aren't there enough languages out there that also use the Roman alphabet that moderators potentially can't understand either?
That's right, however, languages using the same alphabet as most of us do allows us to understand and look up more easily. We also can't block languages; we block its alphabet.
Okay, I'm understand, that filter blocks messages at global chat, but why at party and friends chat too?
In order to keep the entire network a nice place, our chat rules apply to every type of chat; global, team, direct, friend, party, signs and item names. Whilst most of the non-public chats are used in a good way, every day, we get a couple of reports of scammers in party chats. Again, if these would be Russian or Japanese scammers, we'd be unable to intervene.

Reactions: Miauw

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
Maybe you should find people who will follow the chat, and who will understand popular languages, for example Japanese and Russian?
Helper applications are open for these languages in particular. We're looking for Swedish, Arabic, Russian, Italian, ... - any language that isn't English, Dutch or Spanish basically.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
In Russia chat filters you.

Seriously though, I believe this isn't the case with Russian alphabet only (correct me if I'm wrong), but with a lot of other symbols used in other languages as well (for example Japanese or Arabic). Not sure why they've censored certain symbols. It doesn't seem to me that it could be used in a more offensive or manipulative way than the common alphabet.
yeah we can't even say "its 18°c here" because the "°" is blocked (and that's just english)

Reactions: Miauw
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
Top Bottom