Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

allstarninja

Apr 17, 2014
www.google.co.uk
The human eye only sees like 60fps.. Why do you need 600?..
That is spot on exactly what I wanted to say.

Plus, unless you have expensive ones, monitors only refresh at 60Hz (due to mains being 50/60Hz too), so 60FPS on your monitor, 60FPS on your eyes, why do you need more FPS then 60 on the game?

Sorry to say but the 60fps eye thingy hasn't been proven. The eye and brain can interpret 1000 fps with diminishing returns. The truth is no-one knows. Also I would like to add that the eye doesn't even work like was stated. A number like a given FPS cannot be directly/easily translated into how the eye interprets images. (I cannot go into detail since I am not educated on the topic). It also varies from person to person based on one's cognitive ability.

But it is correct that one's monitor cannot always refresh x times a second.

Reactions: Younisco

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
Sorry to say but the 60fps eye thingy hasn't been proven. The eye and brain can interpret 1000 fps with diminishing returns. The truth is no-one knows. Also I would like to add that the eye doesn't even work like was stated. A number like a given FPS cannot be directly/easily translated into how the eye interprets images. (I cannot go into detail since I am not educated on the topic). It also varies from person to person based on one's cognitive ability.

Still, I doubt you're physically going to notice any or if you do, a lot of difference from 60 to 600 really..

TheAdventurerMM

Dedicated Member
Mar 29, 2014
the Netherlands
Tge fps of your eye depends on the training you've had, we probably don't even have had a training, but for example fighter jet pilots have had a training and can catch around 200-250 fps I think, if the internet/university didn't lie...

AquaaXx

Dedicated Member
Apr 1, 2014
Africa
I would probably recommend you getting a GTX760 graphics card along with a i54690k Intel processor.

Marta

🦊 🐾 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 19, 2013
Manchester, UK.
marcoslater.com

Tge fps of your eye depends on the training you've had, we probably don't even have had a training, but for example fighter jet pilots have had a training and can catch around 200-250 fps I think, if the internet/university didn't lie...

Yeah, but the standard for "normal" people is said to be a cognitive ability to interpret and react at those rates, usually.

Military people, as Tamm said, have likely "upgraded" that skill due to training in having fast reflexes.

I do agree. 30->60FPS is extremely noticeable, 60->120, not so much. Although, to be fancy 120FPS I'd say is a reasonable number to achieve, regardless, that is assuming you have a monitor that supports it, otherwise its wasted frames. On my laptop I could run minecraft at very high FPS, but its capped to 60, and you don't even notice, thats because the screen is 60 just as much.

TL;DR - Build a computer thats good enough to deliver a minimum of 100% of the framerate of your monitor. Any performance above that is simply to allow for better use of multitasking, or support for more demanding games.

Reactions: allstarninja

allstarninja

Apr 17, 2014
www.google.co.uk
Yeah, but the standard for "normal" people is said to be a cognitive ability to interpret and react at those rates, usually.

Military people, as Tamm said, have likely "upgraded" that skill due to training in having fast reflexes.

I do agree. 30->60FPS is extremely noticeable, 60->120, not so much. Although, to be fancy 120FPS I'd say is a reasonable number to achieve, regardless, that is assuming you have a monitor that supports it, otherwise its wasted frames. On my laptop I could run minecraft at very high FPS, but its capped to 60, and you don't even notice, thats because the screen is 60 just as much.

TL;DR - Build a computer thats good enough to deliver a minimum of 100% of the framerate of your monitor. Any performance above that is simply to allow for better use of multitasking, or support for more demanding games.
150 is the average. But agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SpringWarz wrote on Fesa's profile.
Stop complaining about people putting their names in bug reports, thank you!
Currently working on “New Skyblock Island” suggestion #7! It might be the most detailed one yet.
EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
EpicShotz1432 wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday 🎂
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
Sorry, I thought you are just mad at me. I keep reporting these stuff, and thought my name is all over the reports. :)
Top Bottom