Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SGTkuzey

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Mordor
I am certain that this game would bring less number of players than the OP OP Skywars suggestion and require a lot more work. Thus it should be a lower priority.
Sure, like you've done a whole lot of market search about it. Also I'm not talking this game in spesific, other games too that have potential but they haven't been even thought of because of Sky Wars. What I'm saying is, community who wants SW will be always there and there are not any complaints about Sky Wars currently, so why not try to look for a new golden egg while the first one is producing money at home?

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014
Sure, like you've done a whole lot of market search about it. Also I'm not talking this game in spesific

There are many Minecraft RPG mods out there, this isn't breaking the mold. Worse, if implemented it would take a very long time to become as polished as SkyWars, and all those other RPG mods have a big head start. With one part time dev it would probably never become as polished as the others. As for SkyWars, the majority of other SkyWars servers are generic, not custom made. Some of the maps are specific but the overall package isn't as complete as on CCG.

There are not any complaints about Sky Wars

There are many complaints about hacking in SkyWars in this forum. To what you're getting at though: when people get bored of a game they don't complain about it, they just stop playing it.

so why not try to look for a new golden egg while the first one is producing money at home?

You really like this metaphor! I'm not saying don't try to find a new things. If so I would have said "Shut down the suggestions part of the board!". Of course not. But as you phrase it you would spend time on everything. It is an effort vs. payoff relation. This particular idea seems to have a poor ratio relative to OP OP skywars. This is true of many (but not all) suggestions not related to SW at the moment.

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
Okay, we already have enough players to fit the player cap most days, what's the point of doing major improvements on a game when it's already bringing in the maximum amount of players? We don't need to bring in thousands new players, we're already reaching the cap. Bringing in more players is unneeded at this moment, we're already doing well. Whilst we're in the position where SkyWars is doing well and bringing in enough players, why not take advantage and develop new things like this? Sure, it may not bring in thousands of new players like an op op skywars will, but maybe we don't need thousands of new players.
There are many complaints about hacking in SkyWars in this forum.
That has nothing to do with development of new things like games and op op skywards. That's a total different subject completely. Nothing to do with development, and if that's the only complaint, there's nothing against it that needs to be fixed other than the problem of hacking, which is just in staff.
when people get bored of a game they don't complain about it, they just stop playing it.
Usually there would be some complaints if the whole player base got bored. At the moments I have seen nobody complain about it being boring on forums or in game. Also, we are the players too, we will know when it starts to get boring for us. But it hasn't. So it doesn't need new ideas right now immediately.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
officespaceThreadjack.jpg

Shut up about Skywars pls. Kthxbai.

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014
Okay, we already have enough players to fit the player cap most days...

While the cap is arbitrary - it was 6000 briefly a few weeks ago - though I recognise your point. It is similar to what Efluke said about my suggestions. I take a different, pro-business viewpoint that what brings in more (net) money in the long run is generally a good thing. While I don't really agree that any number of players is ever "enough", I understand what your getting at.

That has nothing to do with development of new things like games and op op skywars.

Yes I know, which is why my very next words were "To what you're getting at though...".

Usually there would be some complaints if the whole player base got bored. At the moments I have seen nobody complain about it being boring on forums or in game.

What I am saying at the moment, in a hopefully constructive manner, is that SkyWars needs to innovate. So I am at least one. I would say that everyone who begs for OP chests in the chat is also clamoring for more options, more possibilities in SkyWars. The comments are indirect but still a good indicator.

Also, we are the players too, we will know when it starts to get boring for us. But it hasn't. So it doesn't need new ideas right now immediately.

Well, I disagree, but it comes down to taste.

Shut up about Skywars pls. Kthxbai.

No, sorry. The SW discussion has been about whether dev time would be better spent on OP OP Skywars or this. Both of these were your threads so I would have thought this would have pleased you.

SGTkuzey

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Mordor
Also I'm not talking this game in spesific, other games too that have potential but they haven't been even thought of because of Sky Wars.
There are many Minecraft RPG mods out there, this isn't breaking the mold. Worse, if implemented it would take a very long time to become as polished as SkyWars, and all those other RPG mods have a big head start.
Not spesific about this suggestion.
I'm not saying don't try to find a new things. If so I would have said "Shut down the suggestions part of the board!". Of course not. But as you phrase it you would spend time on everything. It is an effort vs. payoff relation. This particular idea seems to have a poor ratio relative to OP OP skywars. This is true of many (but not all) suggestions not related to SW at the moment.
I never said you did, I just said I disagreed with prioritising SW that much.
You really like this metaphor!
You came up with it.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
No, sorry. The SW discussion has been about whether dev time would be better spent on OP OP Skywars or this. Both of these were your threads so I would have thought this would have pleased you.
This is not the OP OP Skywars thread. Please post OP OP Skywars-related content in the OP OP Skywars thread. The purpose of this thread is to gauge public interest in a game similar to the one I've described. If there is public interest, the devs/owners can take note and possibly create something based on this.

That said, if you've nothing to say in regards to this game idea, please refrain from posting; it seems your posts are just causing arguments and thread derailment.

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014
That said, if you've nothing to say in regards to this game idea, please refrain from posting; it seems your posts are just causing arguments and thread derailment.

Again: "No, sorry". I have had plenty to say about the idea, it's just not in favour of it. I would have replaced "arguments and thread derailments" with "valid discussions about whether it is worth the effort to implement this idea", but that's a difference of opinion.

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014
Again: "No, sorry". I have had plenty to say about the idea, it's just not in favour of it. I would have replaced "arguments and thread derailments" with "valid discussions about whether it is worth the effort to implement this idea", but that's a difference of opinion.

While I stand by this comment - there is no reason to stifle my valid, non-trolling criticism of this idea - I wish to point out that Tacosbestfriends was given mod status shortly after I wrote this post.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
While I stand by this comment - there is no reason to stifle my valid, non-trolling criticism of this idea - I wish to point out that Tacosbestfriends was given mod status shortly after I wrote this post.
Wowza. Alright, this is getting out of hand. Yes, you did make valid points about the game. Yes, you added to the discussion; however you and several other members did go off-topic (kinda like we are right now.) This is not an ad hoc attack on you, nor is it a defense of your constructive criticism. I simply wish for everyone to stay on topic and discuss the mechanics, details, and gameplay of this minigame idea.

Reactions: Younisco
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #46- Ants don’t have lungs. They instead breathe through spiracles, nine or ten tiny openings, depending on the species.
woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
Top Bottom