Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Cubes UHC banner.png

Hi, I'm making this thread to give this wonderful gamemode a last chance, I really love it, I could play it for days without getting bored of it.

First, I'm not sure if the bugs which appeared can be fixed. Yep I know that was one of the reasons it got removed.

For those who don't know what the game is.
UHC is a gamemode you've to survival in a basic vanilla minecraft world (or a custom one like cubecraft had), you have to get gear, food, basicly you have to get ready to fight. There's a border which becomes smaller and smaller during the game. You can spot people and you can fight them like in a normal minecraft world. There's no regeneration from food, only regenerations are golden apples and potions so far I know. You win by being the last man/team standing. In the Speed mode (there was a speed mode previously) you've got speed, there's autosmelt (not needed to smelt iron, gold etc.), instant baked food when killing animals, having the who tree when chopping it and a deathmatch. There's a deathmatch after 10 minutes of playing. So you got to be fast. :) In Speed UHC the border kept at the same size.

Why I want UHC as a (limited) game.
  • UHC is a populair game on many many servers, it's perhaps more known than Skywars or Eggwars/Bedwars.
  • UHC is an originel game. There are many servers having UHC, but cubecraft's UHC was different. It was 1.9 PvP instead of a basic 1.8 PvP. The maps were totally custom, at least, the most, there was 1 map called vanilla which was just the normal minecraft generated world. The Speed UHC version was an very fun fact. None server had it, even Hypixel came with 'Speed UHC' after Cubecraft's Speed UHC.
  • UHC is a different game which can fit to the others. Skywars or Eggwars is basicly based on PvP, for those who are goot at PvP, Parkour is just parkour, for those who are good at that. Tower Defence is another kind of game. So is UHC, it's like for those who really love to survival (combined with PvP). It's an other way to PvP, it's not just slay your opponent and gapple sometimes. You really have to focus on your HP and your area around you.
The UHC community was small, people just liked that game, and they only played UHC and barely other games. So am I, I am bored quickly playing other games, UHC was ... everything.

I think if you set it as a limited game, (new) people will play it anyways, maby if people get the point of it they'll play it. Every time I invited a friend to play the game, it was like, What is this / How does this work? But maby if it's in the main hub people will join it quicklier (I'm sure it will have more players than Parkour)

Long long ago I made a suggestion thread, about possible new features and stuff. Maby those are nice to add to the game. This is the link to the thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/uhc-update-suggestions.207836/

I'd like to play this gamemode at least once again, to see if it's possible to play, and just to have fun once again. ;')
Thanks for reading,
~Juskebat

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
Id like this... but we all need to realize its prolly not happpening

toby-

Dec 13, 2016
I was so fricking hyped for UHC, the countdown, the Cube livestream and then when it got available for everyone.. But it wasn't good and it was dead in 2 weeks or something. I think it' a very good idea to bring it back since the featured games are actually a smart thing imo, a lot of players try to play it, +1 for me! <3

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
View attachment 149721

Hi, I'm making this thread to give this wonderful gamemode a last chance, I really love it, I could play it for days without getting bored of it.

First, I'm not sure if the bugs which appeared can be fixed. Yep I know that was one of the reasons it got removed.

For those who don't know what the game is.
UHC is a gamemode you've to survival in a basic vanilla minecraft world (or a custom one like cubecraft had), you have to get gear, food, basicly you have to get ready to fight. There's a border which becomes smaller and smaller during the game. You can spot people and you can fight them like in a normal minecraft world. There's no regeneration from food, only regenerations are golden apples and potions so far I know. You win by being the last man/team standing. In the Speed mode (there was a speed mode previously) you've got speed, there's autosmelt (not needed to smelt iron, gold etc.), instant baked food when killing animals, having the who tree when chopping it and a deathmatch. There's a deathmatch after 10 minutes of playing. So you got to be fast. :) In Speed UHC the border kept at the same size.

Why I want UHC as a (limited) game.
  • UHC is a populair game on many many servers, it's perhaps more known than Skywars or Eggwars/Bedwars.
  • UHC is an originel game. There are many servers having UHC, but cubecraft's UHC was different. It was 1.9 PvP instead of a basic 1.8 PvP. The maps were totally custom, at least, the most, there was 1 map called vanilla which was just the normal minecraft generated world. The Speed UHC version was an very fun fact. None server had it, even Hypixel came with 'Speed UHC' after Cubecraft's Speed UHC.
  • UHC is a different game which can fit to the others. Skywars or Eggwars is basicly based on PvP, for those who are goot at PvP, Parkour is just parkour, for those who are good at that. Tower Defence is another kind of game. So is UHC, it's like for those who really love to survival (combined with PvP). It's an other way to PvP, it's not just slay your opponent and gapple sometimes. You really have to focus on your HP and your area around you.
The UHC community was small, people just liked that game, and they only played UHC and barely other games. So am I, I am bored quickly playing other games, UHC was ... everything.

I think if you set it as a limited game, (new) people will play it anyways, maby if people get the point of it they'll play it. Every time I invited a friend to play the game, it was like, What is this / How does this work? But maby if it's in the main hub people will join it quicklier (I'm sure it will have more players than Parkour)

Long long ago I made a suggestion thread, about possible new features and stuff. Maby those are nice to add to the game. This is the link to the thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/uhc-update-suggestions.207836/

I'd like to play this gamemode at least once again, to see if it's possible to play, and just to have fun once again. ;')
Thanks for reading,
~Juskebat
Actually,I'm not in line for UHC, for many reasons. While UHC is both a popular and original game, it should also be realized that the player ratio
concerning UHC and the player count is actually quite small. Second, it's not known more than Skywars/Bedwars, not even close. Both of those
games are more popular than UHC. Not only that, but UHC is "popular" to those servers and those servers only. Just because it works on another
server doesn't mean it'll be popular. Cube is mainly known for EggWars, not for other games like UHC.

I don't understand how Skywars and Eggwars is basically based on PvP, you're not giving it enough credit. Rushing, speed bridging, strategies are
all important factors, and health and such can be a large factor, especially when you don't have an egg.

And does UHC being everything for YOU justify anything? We're talking about majority here, and what does the majority think about UHC?
You even said it yourself: "The UHC community was small..." Does that really sound popular? It's a contradiction to "UHC being popular."

Also, the reason why UHC died out was because of the custom maps, it just became too easy to find diamonds, etc. Players could just memorize
diamond locations and have much better gear than newer and casual players. IF UHC is implemented, it should be sorely
vanilla based, the "popular" UHC" in the other servers you've mentioned all follow the "vanilla" way. The reason being, it's much much harder
to play UHC with vanilla maps. Everything in unexpected, biomes are a thing, and luck is a large factor.

Ultimately, I'm not in line for UHC with the way they created it. I would just be down for the pure-vanilla UHC that allows a fair chance for every player
based on their skill and luck.

Reactions: Juskebat and matcha

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Actually,I'm not in line for UHC, for many reasons. While UHC is both a popular and original game, it should also be realized that the player ratio
concerning UHC and the player count is actually quite small. Second, it's not known more than Skywars/Bedwars, not even close. Both of those
games are more popular than UHC. Not only that, but UHC is "popular" to those servers and those servers only. Just because it works on another
server doesn't mean it'll be popular. Cube is mainly known for EggWars, not for other games like UHC.

I don't understand how Skywars and Eggwars is basically based on PvP, you're not giving it enough credit. Rushing, speed bridging, strategies are
all important factors, and health and such can be a large factor, especially when you don't have an egg.

And does UHC being everything for YOU justify anything? We're talking about majority here, and what does the majority think about UHC?
You even said it yourself: "The UHC community was small..." Does that really sound popular? It's a contradiction to "UHC being popular."

Also, the reason why UHC died out was because of the custom maps, it just became too easy to find diamonds, etc. Players could just memorize
diamond locations and have much better gear than newer and casual players. IF UHC is implemented, it should be sorely
vanilla based, the "popular" UHC" in the other servers you've mentioned all follow the "vanilla" way. The reason being, it's much much harder
to play UHC with vanilla maps. Everything in unexpected, biomes are a thing, and luck is a large factor.

Ultimately, I'm not in line for UHC with the way they created it. I would just be down for the pure-vanilla UHC that allows a fair chance for every player
based on their skill and luck.
I guess if you play on cubecraft, you mainly know wheter skywars its strategies or eggwars’s.
The UHC community was small, indeed. There were a few reasons, the advertisement was quite low, I mean, have you ever seen a youtuber making an actual series about cubecraft’s UHC? No, are there series about eggwars / skywars / other games, YES, this was probally the main reason. I’m just hoping if UHC gets added famous people will make videos about the gamemode. Secondly, the massive bugs were an issue as well, if that could be fixed. More people will play it, developers are motivated to fix those bugs earlier id the gamemode is popular.

Also, UHC is a popular game, but due to the community, it’s more unpopular on cubecraft, people are quite young to compare with other servers like Hypixel, their interestings are different, young people like 12 years olds do watch videos about cubecraft, what videos do you find on youtube about cubecraft? indeed, skywars. Mostly older people like to play more strategy games as UHC, I guess. It depends of the community if UHC is popular on a server. And I want to get UHC a popular game as well. But I still think UHC is more, perhaps not more but, at the same level of skywars / bedwars & eggwars.

What do you mean with “the reason why UHC died out was because of the custom maps, it just became too easy to find diamonds”. Finding diamonds was quite hard, after UHC’s update it was like impossible to find diamonds at all. The custom maps do make it a bit original comparing to other UHCs, I liked the custom maps. It hasn’t to be vanilla.

Anyways, I’m glad you took effort to write a comment, thanks. :)

Last edited:

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
I guess if you play on cubecraft, you mainly know wheter skywars its strategies or eggwars’s.
The UHC community was small, indeed. There were a few reasons, the advertisement was quite low, I mean, have you ever seen a youtuber making an actual series about cubecraft’s UHC? No, are there series about eggwars / skywars / other games, YES, this was probally the main reason. I’m just hoping if UHC gets added famous people will make videos about the gamemode. Secondly, the massive bugs were an issue as well, if that could be fixed. More people will play it, developers are motivated to fix those bugs earlier id the gamemode is popular.

Also, UHC is a popular game, but due to the community, it’s more unpopular on cubecraft, people are quite young to compare with other servers like Hypixel, their interestings are different, young people like 12 years olds do watch videos about cubecraft, what videos do you find on youtube about cubecraft? indeed, skywars. Mostly older people like to play more strategy games as UHC, I guess. It depends of the community if UHC is popular on a server. And I want to get UHC a popular game as well. But I still think UHC is more, perhaps not more but, at the same level of skywars / bedwars & eggwars.

What do you mean with “the reason why UHC died out was because of the custom maps, it just became too easy to find diamonds”. Finding diamonds was quite hard, after UHC’s update it was like impossible to find diamonds at all. The custom maps do make it a bit original comparing to other UHCs, I liked the custom maps. It hasn’t to be vanilla.

Anyways, I’m glad you took effort to write a comment, thanks. :)
UHC getting videos? Dude Cube struggles to get popular sercers once and usually its for eggwars, skywars, etc. What makes you think thst theyll suddely play UHC. It has no evidence behind it. Im not worrying about the bugs, they're not the absolute worst.

No not really, all of your arguments arent supported by any proof, logic. There are plenty of 15+ yr olds on skywars, eggwars. Youre seriously downplaying the strategy in those sort of games, even if thats true, i can easily argue that strategy is important on those sky based games.

I was talking pre update, but after yes you are correct. But understand that its a matter of preference and many of these opinions are subjective. I personally like vanilla maps, many people like both maps. It isnt really enough to make a case for it as a game.
Oh, and a problem is money to allow servers, player size, and wait time. When games like EggWars, the most popular game on the server, takes a few minutes to grt into a game, it might not be that fun after all. Humans generally like instant gratification, not many players want to wait. That goes for all ages.

Even if older players like games like UHC more, minecraft is a server run by younger kids. Financially wise, it just makes sense to target the larger audience, even if it means lesser variety.

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
UHC getting videos? Dude Cube struggles to get popular sercers once and usually its for eggwars, skywars, etc. What makes you think thst theyll suddely play UHC. It has no evidence behind it. Im not worrying about the bugs, they're not the absolute worst.

No not really, all of your arguments arent supported by any proof, logic. There are plenty of 15+ yr olds on skywars, eggwars. Youre seriously downplaying the strategy in those sort of games, even if thats true, i can easily argue that strategy is important on those sky based games.

I was talking pre update, but after yes you are correct. But understand that its a matter of preference and many of these opinions are subjective. I personally like vanilla maps, many people like both maps. It isnt really enough to make a case for it as a game.
Oh, and a problem is money to allow servers, player size, and wait time. When games like EggWars, the most popular game on the server, takes a few minutes to grt into a game, it might not be that fun after all. Humans generally like instant gratification, not many players want to wait. That goes for all ages.

Even if older players like games like UHC more, minecraft is a server run by younger kids. Financially wise, it just makes sense to target the larger audience, even if it means lesser variety.
I don’t get it?

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Top Bottom