Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I have spent the last couple hours punching numbers on maps together to work out why it lags so much and this is what ive found out. All of this research is done on the Map fruit as its one of the easiest maps to get wins on and its the one everyone plays

One reason why it may lag:
The amount of iron generators on each island is 7 Level 3 Iron generators producing 1 iron every 0.5 seconds making it 14 iron a second per island times that by 4 and you get 56 iron a second spawning on the map and with the gold there is
2 level 4 generators at mid producing 1 gold a second each also 2 level 3 gold gens producing 1 gold each every 3.5 seconds and on each island there is 4 level 2 gold gens which spawn 1 ingot every 3.5 seconds times by 4 is 16 gold every 3.5 seconds With the diamond Gens there is 6 diamond gens producing 1 diamond every 10 seconds which will also add to the entity count Now if i add this all up to how many items a minute are spawning it equals 1270 items spawning every minute without upgrading generators. The average game is about 4 minuets so times that by 4 to get the total number of items spawned in a game which is 5080 items spawning every game without upgrading anything

This seems like it has possibility to lag

another reason it could lag is the player count:
As seen in skywars mega 40 player count can have some lag behind it but unlike skywars you can respawn making the Lag from the player count possibly stay for half the game which will cause lag

In conclusion on how to reduce lag​

• Make it a 10v10 to reduce lag​
  • Have less generators which will reduce the amount of entities spawning​
  • reduce the starting level of each generator lowering the initial spawn count​

Thank you for coming to my ted talk- I will answer all questions about my findings in the replies below
( I found all of this on my stream with thanks to my viewers)

ToastedByTom

Mar 4, 2020
England
www.youtube.com
As you said, as I'm on PC I don't experience any lag, but I have friends/family that play Eggwars Mega and the lag is so bad sometime, they physically can't move.
I hope they counter this and make it more enjoyable to everyone to play.

Reactions: Dat_Iron_Block

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i dont agree on the 10v10 idea, as it wont be an unique gamemode anymore. there already are 10v10 maps. besides, teaparty is a huge map with (if im correct) 5 people per team, so the amount of players would be the same. however, i feel like 8v8v8v8 or something would be a little better, as i do agree less generators and lower starting level would make a huge difference in the first few minutes!

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
i dont agree on the 10v10 idea, as it wont be an unique gamemode anymore. there already are 10v10 maps. besides, teaparty is a huge map with (if im correct) 5 people per team, so the amount of players would be the same. however, i feel like 8v8v8v8 or something would be a little better, as i do agree less generators and lower starting level would make a huge difference in the first few minutes!
on bedrock there is no 10v10 things

jakeexdee

Jun 13, 2020
China
it’s not really just mega tbh, every duos map bar 2, I get at least some amount of lag on, every solos map, majority squads maps, it’s kinda ridiculous really, because this never used to be the case.
I don’t know what changed to cause this, but just suddenly, one day it began, and it seems to just get worse and worse, and with the addition of new gamemodes, nothing changes.
The mega gamemode is completely unplayable for me, among other Xbox players, and on switch many people immediately crash lol, I don’t really understand why this is, and what changed to cause this but it’s kinda annoying now

it’s getting to the point where console and mobile players physically can’t play the only edition of the game they can play lol

Reactions: Salty_Shadows

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
I found out how not to lag that much I turn all my settings down expect how many chunks I can see. My average is 7 or 8 chunks.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Eli wrote on hamelech2007's profile.
Hello pumpkin
vPhaseAsu wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
i saw you in game earlier!
Thjis wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Top Bottom