Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
Hi,
Just a few questions I need answering about reporting....

- What is the best way to take a video in Minecraft?
- What do you usually report on CCG?
- What are some tips and tricks to reporting?

I think the answers to these questions and many others would help people start reporting rulebreakers, like me.

Thanks 4 Your Time,
- CatsLoveRainbows

:uber_cubelet:

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I used Fraps a lot in the past. Though, OBS is also a very good recording software.

Well, I don't have Fraps anymore, which I can easily install, I know. So, I report chat rule breakers most of the time.

Be sure to have good video quality, so don't go record if you have 10 FPS, that won't work because the staff won't have good evidence then.
Always upload a FULL screenshot, no cropped ones.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
The nicest reports are usually the shortest ones. Video evidence can be no longer than 5 minutes, but only 1 minute is almost always enough to (dis)prove someone's innocence.

Also please don't add music to your videos. Not only will it probably get blocked by YouTube, it also makes me cringe every time. :]

More information about evidence and their requirements can be found here, along with pretty much everything you can say about reporting.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/reporting-guidelines-supplemental.195195/

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
I used Fraps a lot in the past. Though, OBS is also a very good recording software.

Well, I don't have Fraps anymore, which I can easily install, I know. So, I report chat rule breakers most of the time.

Be sure to have good video quality, so don't go record if you have 10 FPS, that won't work because the staff won't have good evidence then.
Always upload a FULL screenshot, no cropped ones.
The nicest reports are usually the shortest ones. Video evidence can be no longer than 5 minutes, but only 1 minute is almost always enough to (dis)prove someone's innocence.

Also please don't add music to your videos. Not only will it probably get blocked by YouTube, it also makes me cringe every time. :]

More information about evidence and their requirements can be found here, along with pretty much everything you can say about reporting.
Thank You for the Support! :)

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
I use plays.tv, its completely FREE and it will record your game at all times. so if you have like an epic moment or someone is hacking but you dont have time to go start up fraps it will already be recording.

Reactions: CatsLoveRainbows

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
OBS is the best software to use I think but if you don't have OBS opened and you want to record fast, if you are on windows 10 you can press Windows button + G that will bring up a menu which I will show below and if you click the red button it will start recording your only your game window and game sound. This may also be a thing on Windows 8/7 but I'm not sure about that.

Most reports I submit are chat reports (Advertising, Swearing, Scamming and Death threads) but sometimes also cheaters, teamers and campers.

If you want chat reports you should just keep your eye on the chat and for reports like teamers, campers or cheaters you just have to be alert in the games you play and also keep an eye on the chat on people who say "Teamers!" "Cheater!" "Hacker!" "Camper!" if you see that you can just look around the map and if you find them you can record and report them, you should also take a look at the report guidelines as Buuuddy already mentioned above. :)
I use plays.tv, its completely FREE and it will record your game at all times. so if you have like an epic moment or someone is hacking but you dont have time to go start up fraps it will already be recording.
Thanks for the Help! :D

Reactions: Siftenly

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi,

I think the answers to these questions and many others would help people start reporting rulebreakers, like me.

Thanks 4 Your Time,
- CatsLoveRainbows

Hi,

Thanks 4 Your Time,
- CatsLoveRainbows

I usually use Bandicam to record, it’s free to use and it is very easy to use to record. Even if you have a low end PC it can run efficiently.

If you’re unsure where to report rule breakers, click the link in my signature.

Before I didn’t know how to properly make reports, quite a few of mine got rejected. Tips from me would be to show your full screen and show the names of the rule breakers you are reporting to make sure it’s definitely them - and if you are reporting with a screenshot, then do not crop it, as it won’t be accepted (my mistake that I have learned from).

If you’re unsure which category your report fits under, then choose the category that you think suits it best, and add a description about your report.

Oh, and make sure you warn the players first before reporting them, and if they continue their behaviour then show this in the report too. An example of a warning would be, “Please don’t do/say that, (Username)”. I hope this helped. ;)

werra11

Dedicated Member
Jan 8, 2016
Friesland, The Netherlands.
www.werra11.eu
As Siftenly allready told you, you can press windowsbutton + G on a windows 10 pc to record the current game. This works really good and you can also use an instant replay option, so if you press a key combination it will save the last 30secs/1min/3min/5min. So if you had any cool moment you can see it again.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture

To add on, putting the exact time of when you can clearly see the rules being broken in the time stamp spot helps a ton when handling video reports. That way you don’t have to spend time editing as well as we will just skip right to the correct time which allows for reports to be handled much more efficiently.
I use OBS. I don’t record much at all any more, but when I was making reports back before I was staff, it worked quite well. And having optifine also helps with the zoom feature so you can easily zoom in on names to get a clear shot. If you use 5zig, it also has a feature which allows for up to a 12x zoom (has a slider for how much you want it to be).
I used to report teamers and cheaters, but that was before the punishment update (teaming used to be 1 day only, now it stacks leading to permanent bans, so as you can image, lots of people teamed with a punishment that short) and before sentinel really became good (there used to be cheaters 19/20 games or some ridiculous number, but now I rarely see them outside of assassins). With all the changes, I would probably say the majority of reports are now chat related (swearing, spamming, advertising, etc).
Probably biggest tip is that you don’t need to go all out. Some people spend time editing their videos and doing all this neat stuff, which is cool, but you are just making reports. You could just upload the raw evidence, put a time stamp in, and submit the report and it would have the same result, which saves a lot of time on your end. Though if you want to do all the editing, go for it.
Oh, and make sure you warn the players first before reporting them, and if they continue their behaviour then show this in the report too. An example of a warning would be, “Please don’t do/say that, (Username)”. I hope this helped. ;)
Definitely this. I sometimes feel bad when I have to give a staff warning instead of being able to mute a player for the stuff they say in chat. If you are able to warn them and report them, then it garuntees they get a punishment instead of just a warning. If you aren’t able to get a warning in though, you can still report it, they just most likely won’t get an actual punishment but just a warning so future offenses will result in a punishment.

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
I always used OBS sometimes I use QuickTime player
As Siftenly allready told you, you can press windowsbutton + G on a windows 10 pc to record the current game. This works really good and you can also use an instant replay option, so if you press a key combination it will save the last 30secs/1min/3min/5min. So if you had any cool moment you can see it again.
To add on, putting the exact time of when you can clearly see the rules being broken in the time stamp spot helps a ton when handling video reports. That way you don’t have to spend time editing as well as we will just skip right to the correct time which allows for reports to be handled much more efficiently.

I use OBS. I don’t record much at all any more, but when I was making reports back before I was staff, it worked quite well. And having optifine also helps with the zoom feature so you can easily zoom in on names to get a clear shot. If you use 5zig, it also has a feature which allows for up to a 12x zoom (has a slider for how much you want it to be).
I used to report teamers and cheaters, but that was before the punishment update (teaming used to be 1 day only, now it stacks leading to permanent bans, so as you can image, lots of people teamed with a punishment that short) and before sentinel really became good (there used to be cheaters 19/20 games or some ridiculous number, but now I rarely see them outside of assassins). With all the changes, I would probably say the majority of reports are now chat related (swearing, spamming, advertising, etc).
Probably biggest tip is that you don’t need to go all out. Some people spend time editing their videos and doing all this neat stuff, which is cool, but you are just making reports. You could just upload the raw evidence, put a time stamp in, and submit the report and it would have the same result, which saves a lot of time on your end. Though if you want to do all the editing, go for it.

Definitely this. I sometimes feel bad when I have to give a staff warning instead of being able to mute a player for the stuff they say in chat. If you are able to warn them and report them, then it garuntees they get a punishment instead of just a warning. If you aren’t able to get a warning in though, you can still report it, they just most likely won’t get an actual punishment but just a warning so future offenses will result in a punishment.
I usually use Bandicam to record, it’s free to use and it is very easy to use to record. Even if you have a low end PC it can run efficiently.

If you’re unsure where to report rule breakers, click the link in my signature.

Before I didn’t know how to properly make reports, quite a few of mine got rejected. Tips from me would be to show your full screen and show the names of the rule breakers you are reporting to make sure it’s definitely them - and if you are reporting with a screenshot, then do not crop it, as it won’t be accepted (my mistake that I have learned from).

If you’re unsure which category your report fits under, then choose the category that you think suits it best, and add a description about your report.

Thank You For The Feedback! I'm Starting To Feel Like Im An Expert On Reporting... Which Is SUPER COOL!! :D

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
uhu :thisisfine:
Kloska wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Capitan wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday Elivat!
Basketman wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow 💛
SpringWarz wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom