Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jingle535

May 21, 2016
Essential Idea: A new system where mature players can use /report to notify staff members of hackers.

Explanation/Argument:

I think Cubecraft's reporting system is not perfect and can be improved. Many players experience games in which hackers, teamers, spammers or others cause their experience to not be as fun as it could be without them. To help combat this I am suggesting that a system be put in place to allow more mature players to be able to report hackers more easily. This system would simply allow certain people to use a reporting system that would be more viewed by moderators. This would be implemented as followed,

1. Certain players would have to be deemed good enough to be a part of the reporting group.

2. This group would be able to use the /report command to alert moderators of hackers.

3. Moderators would be alerted of this /report feed and put their focus there.

This system would be counter balanced by a few things,

1. These "Reporters" would not really have an extreme amount of power. All they would be able to do is suggest where a moderators looks.

2. These reporters would be specified to only use /report if they were 100% sure of a present issue, for example, fly hacking.

3. The privilege of /report would easily be able to be removed from a player, and it would not be able to be easily abused.

Some other things to think about,
If "Reporters" are given a tag people may be less inclined to hack, but then they might simply hack when there is not a "Reporter"

This system is not that risky to put into place, and in addition I do not believe this would be that difficult to put into place. (Except for the fact that staff seem to be unable to join games and spectate them, they would probably need to be able to spectate for this idea to work.)

This system could easily be removed if somehow flawed.

This system relies on the fact that there are staff members present, if there are not then that issue would dramatically flaw this system.
- Additionally Staff would have to take this system fairly seriously in order for it to work.

Qualifications for a player to become a "reporter" would have to be thought over. Simply saying "All VIP's can use /report" would not be a good idea. Personally I have seen many VIP's hackusate, and a noob could buy VIP and abuse this system. Possibly an application for this would be beneficial, or possibly picking players.

TL;DR: A system where mature players can use /report to notify staff members of hackers.

Sorry if this was a bit of a rant ^-^

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
This system was there before, it was however abused, and staff members were spammed. It is extremely unlikely to be added again and the community has always denied it. As @Gainfullterror said, staff members are voluntarily helping around the server, they do not get paid or any sort. They are here to enjoy the community games the same as you, along with helping out the community by punishing rule breakers. The current report system is brilliant and if you do report, most of your reports will be checked in the average time of 2 hours.

Jingle535

May 21, 2016
For Gainfullterror

Explain how it will be abused please.

If this gets taken away from someone then that's not the end of the world... The point I made was simply that it could be taken away, not that it would be taken away if someone had a slip up.

Staff members can still play to play, this feed could possibly have an option to be turned off, or simply have to be checked. One of the main purposes of staff are to remove players who are causing harm, if they do not want to do that then I am not sure why they would want to be staff. I personally find it rewarding to help other people and to have justice. The whole point of this is to be the "reports" but a better version of it.

Jingle535

May 21, 2016
For TheFastBowler
I would think this system is not the same as the previous one and could have a better outcome. How would this system be abused? The same thing I said to Gainfullterror. I think two hours is way too long. Two hours means the match is already over and the game has already been affected. If a problem is dealt with two hours later that hacker could have easily played 10 more matches. Additionally another hacker could come and take the place of the previous.

For RainyDayzMC

I know many people think this would be abused. Comment that is not too beneficial, if you could explain how it would be abused that would be beneficial :)

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
3. Moderators would be alerted of this /report feed and put their focus there.
Staff members can not join games unless it's ffa or assassins. Since we need valid proof before punishing someone this report system wouldn't work. We can't trust players blindly who report others.

Besides the fact we can't join already started games this command would be heavily abused. It really doesn't matter if you only give it to a certain group of people or to the whole server.

In my opinion the report system is so much easier to deal with. It's not only easier it also goes faster.

Last but not least I would like you to read what @DutchLemur has said in a thread with almost the same suggestion.

Attachments

• IMG_0820.PNG
    IMG_0820.PNG
    117.7 KB · Views: 142
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.