Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
Why though? Why isn't Muslim or Islam banned?
It's not because of religion. It was banned for sexual meanings I think or it was because of too many people using this word to insult others.

Words are only banned when too many players use it. (About 15-25% of the players I think)

The Crowbar

Jul 1, 2016
Proxima Centauri, Milky Way
It's not because of religion. It was banned for sexual meanings I think or it was because of too many people using this word to insult others.

Words are only banned when too many players use it. (About 15-25% of the players I think)
How's it used to insult? Or how can it have any "sexual meaning"? Also why isn't "the" banned (that was just a joke by the way)

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
How's it used to insult? Or how can it have any "sexual meaning"? Also why isn't "the" banned (that was just a joke by the way)
Not sure about the insults but that's all I know. I came to last year on a friend's account and then on mine. By then the word was already banned.
And why aren't "You" banned ? (That was a joke; p)

BUTTERFIELD8

May 20, 2016
IntelliJ IDEA
I am not religious but i respect ppls religious opinions and think all religious words should be unbaned and the same go's for the USA's new pres you cant say Trump

JerrySox

Sep 22, 2016
Antarctica
If someone lost a game they can use it as an insult.. Most people wont use it friendly.. That's why its banned.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
This is the third time this topic comes up and it always ends up being locked to avoid "arguments"
Now I have a voice and will not refrain to use it.
The only reason the word "jew" is locked is because people use it as an offensive word. Which, is stupid.
You see, something is offensive when you take it as offensive.
But a religion or ethnicity?
Like:

"Hahah, you're a christian!"
"Yes, I am :D"

Then why should people take it as offensive with "jew"?

"You're a jew!"
"True, I am :D"

So it's not the people who use it as offensive, it's the people who take it as offensive.

Now I wouldn't like it if they censored I.E. "christian" "muslim" or even "atheist" because some guy took it as offensive..
So what, if somebody says:
"You breath air!"
and somebody is like
"How dare you!?"
then you would censor air and breathing? Please...
And I'm sorry if I sound angry, or mad. It's just hard to express yourself on such subject and sounding calm.

I bet that if "jew" was removed from the swear filter, it wouldn't cause any problems.
Now if somebody is referring to events related to the holocaust, it's different, but it counts as targeting/descrimination and that can be applied to pretty much every religion.

EDIT: If you're a moderator and are thinking of locking this... Think a bit before replying.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
This is the third time this topic comes up and it always ends up being locked to avoid "arguments"
The only reason the word "jew" is locked is because people use it as an offensive word. Which, is stupid.
Like:

"You're a jew!"

So it's not the people who use it as offensive, it's the people who take it as offensive.

Now I wouldn't like it if they censored I.E. "christian" "muslim" or even "atheist" because some guy took it as offensive..
"You breath air!"
and somebody is like
"How dare you!?"
And I'm sorry if I sound angry, or mad. It's just hard to express yourself on such subject and sounding calm.

I bet that if "jew" was removed from the swear filter, it wouldn't cause any problems.
Now if somebody is referring to events related to the holocaust, it's different, but it counts as targeting/descrimination and that can be applied to pretty much every religion.
I'm with ping on this. The word "Jew" isn't supposed to be offensive. People make it offensive. If someone does do that, people can report that person. Anyone can make anything negative.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Also going to jump on the agreeing bandwagon.
I've seen "Muslim" used derogatorily before on the server, along with "whore" and "slut". Yet those are still not banned. I feel that the server should either ban all these words, or unban similar religious referencing names (i.e. Jew). Words like "hwhore" and "jslut" don't exist, and won't censor out any other ok words. So why are those still not banned?

Reactions: Ping Ether

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
Like:

"You're a jew!"

"You breath air!"
and somebody is like
"How dare you!?"

EDIT: If you're a moderator and are thinking of locking this... Think a bit before replying.
Yes guys, what the diformed kitty said xddd.

The Crowbar

Jul 1, 2016
Proxima Centauri, Milky Way
Like:

"You're a jew!"

"You breath air!"
and somebody is like
"How dare you!?"

Exactly. I wold just warn/report anyone who uses the word offensively. After all of seen people say things like fuk (sorry for swearing) but i never saw anyone ever say juw, so nobody really uses it as an insult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Why do I keep muting myself on Discord whenever I have to go afk, but I'm not in a call?
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Hqteful's profile.
Happy Birthday 🧡
2 more perfect games!! 🔥

IMG_5619.png

The LOL is because I managed to trap the last player.
IMG_5630.png
Twixmeneer wrote on Hqteful's profile.
Happy 18th Birthday, Mika!

Wow, I can’t believe you're officially an adult today! I want to take a moment to thank you for being such an amazing friend. We've shared so many memories together. I cherish every single one of them.
Your friendship means the world to me. Enjoy it, you deserve nothing but the best!

Happy Birthday!

With all my best wishes,
Mappoe wrote on Daanfkyy's profile.
followed you because i love minerware :3
Top Bottom