Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with me?

• Total voters
Nov 17, 2020
Colombia
My friend I definitely support you with this criticism, really both Cubecraft and the staff should change a little as they act on confidential things, because the truth is I have fellow mods and would like to know what they do etc, they say they can not say those things, just tell me basic things, and thanks for that little credit by the way, I love you king๑ ˚̩̥̩

In conclusion: HappyGOD๑ ˚̩̥̩

• Love
Reactions: xHappyMood

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Everyone knows about the CubeCraft developers, not only Ben. If I use something from someone else I would give them credits. So I did this with my own knownledge. :)
If you say so, don't know how this relates to the thread though 🤷‍♂️
CubeCraft is handling the bug reports really fast, since all of them get handled most of the time within 2 days.
Within 2 days and often it takes longer... that's a long time, compared to normal reports. And correct me if I'm wrong, but when a bug report is handled it isn't immediately fixed is it?
Fixing the bugs isn't as easy as you think from what I see how you're writing about it.
Fixing bugs isn't very easy, I am aware of that, but it should be done faster. Hard things can speed up as well.
As already said a lot of times each developers has their own function and are working on their own stuff. So they are working on for example the bugs.
They have a team of 17, with some not even working on the game. You aren't going to tell me that if there's worked more on one thing the rest will say the same.
Also please read my whole text
Says the one who started about community talks after I talked about them in my thread :facepalm:
If you read what I said I was talking about all community talks. You think cubecraft can release a skywars update within 5 days of a community talk? There is a lot of work to do, so it's for sure it takes a lot of time.
Well... not my fault that you state something about ALL community talks, when the SkyWars one has just been 5 days ago, you said that, not me, so don't blame me, I just commented on your nonsense statement.
I'll stop with answering on this suggestion
Yes... this is clearly a suggestion and not feedback.
since I've made my point
You have tried to make your point*

Anyways have fun with the rest of your Christmas Eve <3

My friend I definitely support you with this criticism, really both Cubecraft and the staff should change a little as they act on confidential things, because the truth is I have fellow mods and would like to know what they do etc, they say they can not say those things, just tell me basic things, and thanks for that little credit by the way, I love you king๑ ˚̩̥̩

In conclusion: HappyGOD๑ ˚̩̥̩
Love you too 😍

It would provide an unfair advantage to the candidates that know the questions ahead of time.
I'm quite sure that there are already people that know the questions, so then it would be fairer to tell everyone in advance.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hey xHappyMood! Thanks for this thread - I do hear your concerns regarding this, and I'll be happy to answer all of what has been written here. As a note; if something doesn't make sense or needs further clarification, be sure to ask! I may not able to give a lot of detail but I'll definitely try. :heart:

What do I mean by transparency and clarity?​

I mean how CubeCraft keeps everything strictly confidential until it’s released. The only thing they sometimes give is one unclear screenshot so that we know a game is going to come in the next few days. But that’s not what we’re interested in. We want to know what CubeCraft’s priorities are in the long term. If it is new games, fixing bugs or something still completely different.
As others have mentioned in the responses to this thread - we can't be entirely precise with what we're working on. CubeCraft is currently in a massive expansion and growth phase, and with this, there are immense amounts of growing pains with it. This means a lot of development time is being put on that isn't necessarily seen by the public - these changes aren't something we can neglect, it is something that is a necessity to be worked on.

What’s wrong with the transparency and clarity?​

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is kept strictly confidential. If you leak one little thing you’re fired as a staff member. It feels as if you’ve tried to keep a little confidentiality, which I understand, and which is completely fine. But the problem is that you’ve driven it too far. You’ve made everything confidential, which is too much. Staff members have told me that it’s hard for them to get what they need being a staff member because everything is so confidential.
As someone who's been part of the staff team & community for a while, I can assure you that leniency regarding leaking has definitely increased. The mere mentioning of an update potentially being in the works would have gotten you kicked off of the team and network banned. (@Marieke2001 :monkeylook: :monkeylookaway: )

We've clarified this with our staff team that we'd love to be open with them regarding what we're working on, but we need to ensure that this information isn't leaked as:
CubeCraft is a business.
and
Of course CubeCraft keeps updates private, because of competition with other minecraft servers. For example CubeCraft released a time ago Among Slimes, which resulted in a growing player-base. If CubeCraft told they were working on implementing Among Slimes, there would have been a chance that other minecraft servers would do the same.
We simply cannot afford massive things to be leaked. We know that sometimes this is a bit of a grey area, hence why we're more lenient with our staff members now instead of jumping the gun, network banning someone for leaking, burying the evidence and pretending like it doesn't exist. As it is with any of our rules, both for staff and players, any clarification can simply be asked. 😄

I've noticed a bit of confusion regarding our development team, as seen by this quote:
If you’d know something like “We’re going to add a game, then fix some major bugs, then start working on another game again.”, the feedback threads could be a lot more specific. We could tell you guys what WE want you to focus on, in relation to what you’ve told us you’re planning to do.
So let me quickly clarify what our development team currently consists of.

We have multiple different departments in our development team, ranging from content developers who bring you new loot and cosmetics, to game developers who bring you game updates, to anticheat developers who are constantly working on Sentinel, to our infrastructure team who ensures that we have enough resources to support all of these players on our server, to our protocol team who work on general problems on our server such as lag and gameplay bugs, to library developers who helps with the general development of the server. Lots of departments, lots of specialities.

Though I feel like our development team can do everything if they wanted to (cc. Among Slimes being developed with the entire team in 10 days, tested, marketed & shipped), logistically speaking, we wouldn't want 10 developers working on a single bug. In a typical day, you'd see all of these people working simultaneously, likely all on different projects.

Proof of this is just having a scroll through our announcements & changelog channel on Discord. At most, major bug fixes would involve 3-4 people, but we still have a development team of ~20 people that haven't been accounted for - all of which are on their respective projects.

I hope, and really think, that what the community wants is still the most important to you, even though it sometimes seems to us as if you ignore us.
Absolutely I agree with the first part - this is why we're hosting things like community talks. These are massively helpful to us, hence why we're trying to make them more frequent. I know you mentioned this in the thread, just wanted to parrot it.

In regards to ignoring the community, this is the opposite to what we want to do, and we're sorry if we've come across that way in the past. However, as you've mentioned quite well:

There’s no harm in admitting that you’re wrong. It makes you seem grownup and mature enough to admit that you make mistakes.
We've made mistakes before - this is why we turn to things like the forums and community talks so that we can gauge if the changes we want to make will either be positive or negative, instead of crossing our fingers and potentially wasting resources.

In retrospect, making these mistakes are the exact reason why we've adopted these practices (cc. the Beta EggWars merge). Without these mistakes and being called out on it, we probably would be keeping things even more secret. Your feedback is highly appreciated!
I got this idea from @KitsuneToru. It is to let CubeCraft do an update on what their priorities are, and what they will be doing in the coming months every few months. 3 or 4 times a year would be great, just to keep the community informed a little bit about what’s happening behind the scenes and to show that you haven’t forgotten about us. We can either see that you start focussing on what we want you to focus on, or we can see that you don’t, and write detailed and specific feedback about that.
Again, this already takes the form of the community talks we're holding now. Though this only tends towards our game development team, that's essentially the department that matters the most on an outsiders perspective. We're looking for other ways to improve our communication with the community, so if you have any other suggestions (that isn't community talk-based, such as more Behind the Cube posts), let us know!

With updating you all on results from community talks, I admit, I have been a bit poor with it. I'll be spending the next couple of days updating you all on progress with the Tower Defence community talk, as development for this update has begun, and go into detail with the SkyWars community talk.

I believe I've covered most things. If there is anything that you'd need clarification on or anything you'd want to be expanded upon, then let me know.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
First of all, thanks for the detailed answer, this is something useful 😁

As someone who's been part of the staff team & community for a while, I can assure you that leniency regarding leaking has definitely increased. The mere mentioning of an update potentially being in the works would have gotten you kicked off of the team and network banned. (@Marieke2001 :monkeylook: :monkeylookaway: )
That's good :D
game developers who bring you game updates
According to Ben, those are 4.
protocol team who work on general problems on our server such as lag and gameplay bugs
And those are 2.
At most, major bug fixes would involve 3-4 people
But the protocol team fixes bugs right? And they are only 2, so if they work on one thing other things are influenced, as they need developers from another team.
Though I feel like our development team can do everything if they wanted to (cc. Among Slimes being developed with the entire team in 10 days, tested, marketed & shipped), logistically speaking, we wouldn't want 10 developers working on a single bug. In a typical day, you'd see all of these people working simultaneously, likely all on different projects.
Among Slimes is one of the reasons why I wrote this thread. If you'd have told us something like "We're going to work with our whole team on a game" we would've known that nothing would happen to other aspects and we could've written a thread about it saying that we, for example, prefer that there's also worked on bugs, and that maybe the game takes a little longer.

If we know that your focus will be on one aspect with, potentially, all (or a lot) of your developers, we know that, and if we don't agree can write a feedback thread about it. As we don't know those things now, we have to write a thread AFTER the game has been released, and then it's too late.
In regards to ignoring the community, this is the opposite to what we want to do, and we're sorry if we've come across that way in the past.
In the past it certainly seemed that way, but still now, you can find a lot of threads/responses to threads saying please fix bugs. This may partially be because there isn't quite clearly explained to people how the development team works, with different deparments focussing on different things. I think doing a, how is it called, like that it shows up on the homepage, explaining a little bit about the developer team, would help to fix that. Together with the thing I wrote about the Among Slimes example, I think this could help to inform the community a little more, and stop some people from thinking "Oh CubeCraft has released another game again, they never listen to us, we want bugfixes."
We've made mistakes before - this is why we turn to things like the forums and community talks so that we can gauge if the changes we want to make will either be positive or negative, instead of crossing our fingers and potentially wasting resources.

In retrospect, making these mistakes are the exact reason why we've adopted these practices (cc. the Beta EggWars merge). Without these mistakes and being called out on it, we probably would be keeping things even more secret. Your feedback is highly appreciated!
That's true, how you handled for example the Beta EggWars update was very good.
so if you have any other suggestions (that isn't community talk-based, such as more Behind the Cube posts), let us know!
I have something that would improve the community talks. They're already a good way of talking with the community, but you could announce them more clearly. On the forums, in-game and on the discord this can be improved.
Now, in the discord, I believe that the only thing you can see is the channel that is created and something posted in there. If you'd just make an announcement, with a link to the thread, a lot more people would know what it is, and when it is. With the SkyWars community talk I saw a lot of people like "What's happening" so that was, for me, a clear sign that it wasn't announced well enough.
In game, you don't have any announcements at the moment. I think that there are people that might even create a discord account just to join the community talk. Like this you'd get opinions from people you'd normally never hear of, and that's, of course, only an improvement.
On the forums, correct me if I'm wrong, but it's only announced in the game's subforum. If you'd make it show up on the homepage, it would be a lot clearer to people that there is one. There are people that only go on the forums to look at the homepage threads, and they would see it then as well, and know there's going to come one.
With updating you all on results from community talks, I admit, I have been a bit poor with it. I'll be spending the next couple of days updating you all on progress with the Tower Defence community talk, as development for this update has begun, and go into detail with the SkyWars community talk.
Fantastic!

Once again, thanks for the answer. It clarified a lot, and was very useful!

Reactions: Anthoken

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Oh okay, but what is the protocol team for then? Because Younisco said it fixed bugs and lag?
Protocol bugs are bugs like:
- Not able to pick up water with a bucket
- Can’t use a bow when they’re in your offhand
- Players are stuck in an invisible cage
- Not able to place cacao beans
And etc.
The protocol team also fixed the issue on Bedrock where people experienced lots of lag due to skins. The protocol team made sure that there was less lag and 3D skins got changed to CCG marketplace skins

Game bugs are things like:
- You can throw coal out of your inventory before start
- Fire spreads while it shouldn’t
- Lava does not disappear after playing the Mini SG microgame
- Crafting is disabled

Also thanks for making fun of me Youn HAHA

Last edited:

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
You can’t know what they are focussing on, and that’s why you must stay very vague in your feedback. If you’d know something like “We’re going to add a game, then fix some major bugs, then start working on another game again.”, the feedback threads could be a lot more specific.
It is to let CubeCraft do an update on what their priorities are, and what they will be doing in the coming months every few months. 3 or 4 times a year would be great, just to keep the community informed a little bit about what’s happening behind the scenes and to show that you haven’t forgotten about us.
Been going trough the thread and this is something I want to address. We obviously try to follow a schedule, but this is something very hard to complete. Of course we can tell you “in this semester we will update this and this and that” but that would mean we’d also have to disappoint our community. There have been occasions where we had to prioritize others things over the schedule we made. This is due to various reasons like game breaking bugs suddenly appearing, an error in the code resulting in not enough time, immediate requests from the community, moderators or partners that can’t wait and etc. There are reasons why we can’t tell you what we have scheduled for the upcoming months, as it’ll only result in disappointment. This has also been explained before, but imo it seems very logical why we can’t make these promises

If you don’t start giving us more clarity and transparency you will be losing community members because it sometimes really does feel as if you don’t listen to us.
Oh boi, if you knew how much we’ve changed. A year ago there was a lot less transparency to our community. We had no community talks, meaning that players really did not know what the management team was working on. Since Youn started with community talks, this resulted in a lot more transparency.

A lot of suggestions about focussing on fixing bugs first are either completely ignored or responded to by a staff member that has predetermined that they will never listen to the suggestion.
And I guess this should also be a lot clearer now that we’ve explained how our development team works.

EDIT: I hate typing on phone. My big thumb accidentally hit the send button?!? I feel like i’ve seen too many of these posts in the past 5 years. While I do agree that we sometimes could give you a bit more updates on certain issues, but Youn already mentioned this. I noticed that I used to look way different at this “transparency” than before I started doing bug reports and before I became a Moderator.

EDIT2:
That is one point, it takes too long. Bug fixes need to go faster, I know that this is partially because only Keanu and Marieke do bug reports.
Not really :P. We’ve actually been doing pretty alright with replying on them, but we both took a break a week ago and I won’t return until halfway Januari. We also do not fix bugs, we only forward them. We also do not want other people to handle them without any training, Moderators should not handle bug reports at this moment, as that completely messes up the system me, Keanu and the developers made.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Protocol bugs are bugs like:
- not able to pic up water with a bucket
- Can’t use a bow when they’re in your offhand
- Players are stuck in an invisible cage
- Not able to place cacao beans
And etc.
The protocol team also fixed the issue on Bedrock where people experienced lots of lag due to skins. The protocol team made sure that there was less lag and 3D skins got changed to CCG marketplace skins

Game bugs are things like:
- You can throw coal out of your inventory before start
- Fire spreads while it shouldn’t
- Lava does not disappear after playing the Mini SG microgame
- Crafting is disabled
Oh so do the protocol developers do serverwide things and the game developers fix bugs in game?
There have been occasions where we had to prioritize others things over the schedule we made. This is due to various reasons like game breaking bugs suddenly appearing, an error in the code resulting in not enough time, immediate requests from the community, moderators or partners that can’t wait and etc.
Of course there will be moments when you can’t exactly follow the schedule, but you can tell us that as well. I’m sure a lot of people understand that not everything goes as planned in life. I got that idea from a reply to another of my threads.
I think it'd be a wonderful idea if they updated the community on some of their top priorities and timelines for these every few months, similar to how Ubisoft show their priorities on Rainbow 6 Siege (here's what this looks like for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about).
For Ubisoft, even though it’s a bigger company, not everything goes as planned either. But if they can do it, then why not Cube. You’ll sometimes have to tell us that something has changed the plans, which is completely fine! You don’t have a way to see the future, and people will understand that.
And I guess this should also be a lot clearer now that we’ve explained how our development team works.
True. But as not everyone sees this thread or already knows this, it’d be a good idea to explain a little more about how the development team works as it is very unclear imo.
I hate typing on phone. My big thumb accidentally hit the send button?!?
How relatable... 😂

Reactions: Marieke2001
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Xi1m wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
happy birthday :3
Top Bottom