Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Add "cannot place tower here" if overlapping on spaces or not correct 3x3 or 5x5

• Total voters

comfyyy

It may just be me having missed this stated somewhere, but wouldn't it be easy for Cube to just change the game code so that you were only allowed to place towers within their 3x3 or 5x5 spaces respectively? This would eliminate a lot of reports dealing with team griefing, as misplacement is reportable under that. Then we wouldn't need all these suggestions for /votekicks and stuff like that, and I don't see any way it would make the game less fun, just an extra rule?

idk, open to suggestions, this has just been on my mind recently, as I can't seem to get a game without some kid who doesn't read chat at all placing archer literally everywhere they shouldn't be
image0.jpg

Reactions: 11Ls

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
No comment on
Your screenshot...There have to be guide with many languages just because noobs mainly don’t speak any other language than their own so you can’t comunicate with those.Many players don’t have any idea how to play unfortunately.There is one good side-those players leave within 5-10 mins after starting so you can remove the towers then but it’s still terrible.Sometimes I place archers on the 5x5 slots until I get coins for turret/leach but I’m doing that just to keep the place free

xImCrimson

Jun 27, 2016
Tennessee, USA
It may just be me having missed this stated somewhere, but wouldn't it be easy for Cube to just change the game code so that you were only allowed to place towers within their 3x3 or 5x5 spaces respectively? This would eliminate a lot of reports dealing with team griefing, as misplacement is reportable under that. Then we wouldn't need all these suggestions for /votekicks and stuff like that, and I don't see any way it would make the game less fun, just an extra rule?

idk, open to suggestions, this has just been on my mind recently, as I can't seem to get a game without some kid who doesn't read chat at all placing archer literally everywhere they shouldn't be
.View attachment 156140
I am an avid supporter of this! I have had WAY too many frustrating games because of noobs spamming low level towers in trashy positions while there is nothing you can do about it! I think votekick was abused quite a lot and there needs to be a different solution, such as this. I also think there needs to be a good tutorial explaining the basics.

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
This seems like a good idea. Even though I don't play Tower Defence a lot, but I did have teammates who did this. It's really annoying. But, if this gets implemented, there should be some kind of guide for it. Because new players will be wondering why they can't place archer towers on a 5v5 platform.

comfyyy

This seems like a good idea. Even though I don't play Tower Defence a lot, but I did have teammates who did this. It's really annoying. But, if this gets implemented, there should be some kind of guide for it. Because new players will be wondering why they can't place archer towers on a 5v5 platform.
There already is a tutorial people just skip it.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Exactly so why isn't it in the game?

Probably because a designer doesn't do the developing?

Anyway, this mode is in dire need of some QoL updates:
  • Fix placement issues;
  • Upgrading low level towers even if you didn't place it;
  • A way to place fully upgrades towers for late game when you are drowning in money and don't want to shiftclick dozens and dozens of times to upgrade a row of towers;
  • Balancing mobs and towers;
  • Powerup stars should be rebalanced. Getting 23 coins late game is dumb and getting incredibly lucky with some high level mob powerup in the first wave of zombies is also unbalanced;
  • /rejoin;
  • I'm missing the Play Again option in TD.
Hopefully the post from the beginning of this year (asking for suggestion for TD) means we are getting at least an update for the mode eventually...

xImCrimson

Jun 27, 2016
Tennessee, USA
Wouldn't it be amazing if a dev read this? Ik its asking a lot but like, I can dream right?
Even if they read it, they are too lazy to actually update their game. This is such a simple and easy fix, yet it hasn't even been attempted to be introduced. They simply don't care enough to implement this change.

Reactions: LeCastel and 11Ls
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
Top Bottom