Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Teddy1424

Sep 16, 2016
I'm writing this post to address an issue that I have constantly been facing not only in this server. I have tried to play Eggwars these past few months after a long break since it is one of my favourite games, however I keep finding myself in the rabbit-hole of the ranked individuals always voting for Overpowered mode. This voting system isn't very fair since it just forces people to pay for a rank to vote for their choice of gamemode or lose incentive to play the server all together. It seems a lot of people have lost motivation to play this server over the past few years which is a normal thing. The number of players dropped from approximately 30,000 players to 3200 players. Reworking the system of gamemode voting may not fix everything per se. But in my opinion, it may help to keep some members playing on the server longer if they can play gamemodes they want to play rather than being forced to play the gamemodes that more privileged members choose.
- Teddy

oreoeatsoreos

Apr 6, 2020
imo i find op
I'm writing this post to address an issue that I have constantly been facing not only in this server. I have tried to play Eggwars these past few months after a long break since it is one of my favourite games, however I keep finding myself in the rabbit-hole of the ranked individuals always voting for Overpowered mode. This voting system isn't very fair since it just forces people to pay for a rank to vote for their choice of gamemode or lose incentive to play the server all together. It seems a lot of people have lost motivation to play this server over the past few years which is a normal thing. The number of players dropped from approximately 30,000 players to 3200 players. Reworking the system of gamemode voting may not fix everything per se. But in my opinion, it may help to keep some members playing on the server longer if they can play gamemodes they want to play rather than being forced to play the gamemodes that more privileged members choose.
- Teddy
imo i find op to be fun so this doesnt really affect me but i see what you mean, some people will do worse in some gamemodes. but 30k players to 3.2k players is false. eggwars has 4-6k players and the network has around 15k-25k players. this is like asia time im pretty sure in us time its mor players.

smax897

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2020
North Korea
I agree with this... it can literally take 10/20+ minutes to find a normal game, while overpowered games have become the new 'normal'. Many will argue about this, but the truth is I (And probably many others) would be playing EggWars much more regularly if the voting system did not exist. The rarity of normal games means that aiming for favorite maps is essentially impossible, and each game becomes a rare luxury.

I think it also goes without saying that granting voting rights only to paid subscribers only accommodates the playstyles of the sorts of people who would pay for a minecraft server. No other gameplay element, on no other server, is organised in this way - for instance, maps are almost universally voted for by the whole lobby on many servers and gamemodes, yet voting is restricted on EggWars.

There are already abilities and kits in EggWars, so I don't see why subscriptions shouldn't pay for those instead, which is the method used on most servers. Perhaps, as Teddy suggests, this sort of thinking is one of the reasons behind Cubecraft's steep decline?

I think a very reasonable logical solution would be to separate the EggWars lobby into Hardcore, Normal, OP, etc.
and each player can choose which type they want to play. A problem with this is that far fewer people are playing EggWars nowadays, meaning lobbies may be slow to fill. Another method could be to have a hard limit, where 1 out of every 4 lobbies generated are automatically OP and the other 3 could be normal.

Anyways, to reiterate I know many people who would be playing this server much more often if its premier gamemode was not skewed in such a way.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I don't really find it as an issue.
Sure, you might say that I'm a ranked player, however that's the abilities you get if you purchase it.
In the overpowered mode you have the ability to play games fast, and collect resources fast again, if you just have been killed.
In overpowered mode you don't have to grind constantly for tenths of minutes to collect the best gear.
It's just so much better to play with the overpowered mode items nowadays, especially on the larger maps.

Headqche

Nov 1, 2019
I don't think of this as an issue, since you paid money for your rank, which gives you the ability to vote for overpowered. Overpowered games can already take ages, think about how long normal games would take if you need so many iron ingots or diamonds to buy things, I think that would take crazy long. On the other hand, if you like normal more I get it, but I think there are more overpowered lovers on the server than normal lovers. Plus it's just easier to finish big maps with overpowered because you can rush instantly.

Reactions: WANDRBOY

Fexiny

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2017
I don’t think this is a big big deal, Since you can buy a rank you can vote. I know a normal eggwars game is hard to find cuz everyone is voting OP people say OP is going a bit faster with “campers” etc, I like the normal game but my opinion is OP the best for eggwars.

Reactions: Mqrre

Leroyy

Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2018
Never give up on me!
my opinion is that OP fashion is best done in eggwars and the best fashion is in eggwars you can rush quickly. with a rank you can vote for normal basic or OP in eggwars. my opinion is OP the best option

WANDRBOY

Novice Member
Sep 28, 2017
Spain
The reason most ranks vote OP is for a faster game. Even if you bought a rank, most of the ranks vote OP/half. It’s the majority even with a rank.

byelol

Novice Member
Oct 24, 2019
the void
I see why you can be upset, personally I didn’t care for op for a long time after it came out. I only played normal for my first 500 games and thought op mode was dumb tbh later seeing that it gives me faster games. I can play more in a day getting 4min games rather than 7-8min bc of prices. I did change my mind and you are right about op becoming the new normal. I have the rank but I have been joining games lately and more and more people are voting. It is upsetting to have to pay to pick, but it currently is the reality. I know not everyone wants to pay for the rank but if you really want to. You can do Microsoft rewards to purchase mine coins for no real money just time, check it out it is pretty easy.(To my knowledge this is only available on bedrock)

smax897

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2020
North Korea
A lot of people here are arguing about OP, and why it is better etc. but that is not the point of the argument... you are say OP is faster, but other people do not have that opinion and would like to play games which suit them.
Regarding ranks, yes you paid for them - but on no other server I play can you find ranks CHANGING the structure of the game simply by having ranks.

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
A lot of people here are arguing about OP, and why it is better etc. but that is not the point of the argument... you are say OP is faster, but other people do not have that opinion and would like to play games which suit them.
Regarding ranks, yes you paid for them - but on no other server I play can you find ranks CHANGING the structure of the game simply by having ranks.

I agree. You do have a point. About 90% of the games in Eggwars are OP mode but finding a fix to this problem is difficult. How “other” servers fix this problem is As follows:

1. Letting more people vote - The problem here is that it diminishes the worth of some ranks that already get the right to vote so that’s out

2. Making the votes randomized - Randomizing the votes when someone votes for anything else other than OP Half sounds good but will be quite the opposite as this system is more susceptible to trolling and will have many Eggwars games start with some extreme conditions like: OP Triple or Hardcore Half

3. Revoking the right to vote for the lower ranks that have it - This is extremely hard to do as the lower ranks like Gold that are used to having the option to vote now no longer has it, which is unfair and could cause a lot of backlash. We definitely don’t need a “Suffrage” movement going on here.

These are the factors you have to account for when making a solution to this problem. How can I stop voting from having a “huge impact” on the game without jeopardizing the right for these ranks to vote? If I want voting to be available to all how can I compensate the ranked players that has now lost that exclusive voting right? I can’t answer these questions but maybe you can.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Blame the admins. I have been saying for a long time now that the problem with normal mode is that steak is too expensive.
The reason people vote OP mode isn't because fights last longer, its because they don't have to sit around to have to buy FOOD. Yes, FOOD. In 1.8 normal items is more common because you don't have to eat food often so this isn't a problem, but in 1.9, if you take 1 heart of damage, its time to eat. You go through so much food per game that to even rush mid you need at least 5 steak (that's 25 iron, which takes AGES to get if there are gen hoggers on your team, compare that to OP mode where you just need 5 iron). You are essentially waiting around on your base for a good minute, doing nothing but buying FOOD.

Also in normal mode, you take a ton of fall damage so killing skybasers is very dangerous and annoying.

Rangeclient

Apr 3, 2020
I don't really find it as an issue.
Sure, you might say that I'm a ranked player, however that's the abilities you get if you purchase it.
In the overpowered mode you have the ability to play games fast, and collect resources fast again, if you just have been killed.
In overpowered mode you don't have to grind constantly for tenths of minutes to collect the best gear.
It's just so much better to play with the overpowered mode items nowadays, especially on the larger maps.
I agree with this.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Theres a lot of normal mode in 1.8 just quit playing 1.9 and return to 1.8. Also I believe the reason for the network to go from 30k players to 4/5k is because they switched to 1.9 not because of this voting system lol.

smax897

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2020
North Korea

1. Letting more people vote - The problem here is that it diminishes the worth of some ranks that already get the right to vote so that’s out

2. Making the votes randomized - Randomizing the votes when someone votes for anything else other than OP Half sounds good but will be quite the opposite as this system is more susceptible to trolling and will have many Eggwars games start with some extreme conditions like: OP Triple or Hardcore Half

3. Revoking the right to vote for the lower ranks that have it - This is extremely hard to do as the lower ranks like Gold that are used to having the option to vote now no longer has it, which is unfair and could cause a lot of backlash. We definitely don’t need a “Suffrage” movement going on here.

These are the factors you have to account for when making a solution to this problem. How can I stop voting from having a “huge impact” on the game without jeopardizing the right for these ranks to vote? If I want voting to be available to all how can I compensate the ranked players that has now lost that exclusive voting right? I can’t answer these questions but maybe you can.

1. For your first point you say that it 'diminishes' the value of ranks... well I would say that the present system diminishes the entertainment value that unranked players get on the server. As I said earlier, perhaps this rank-fixation is one of the reasons behind our server's disproportionate decline?

2. Not entirely sure what you mean by this point, I'll wait for more clarification before responding,

3. I agree that revoking voting privileges from lower ranks would be counter-productive, especially considering how expensive they are nowadays.

I still don't understand the problem with having separate lobbies, one each for OP, hardcore, normal, etc. so players can choose what they want to play.
Also, having the entire lobby (As opposed to just ranks) vote on the gamemode is not as radical as you say, since it is the present method used on most servers.
To put it simply, I see two solutions: either allow entire lobbies to vote regardless of rank, or allow lobbies separated by gamemodes.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
Blame the admins. I have been saying for a long time now that the problem with normal mode is that steak is too expensive.
The reason people vote OP mode isn't because fights last longer, its because they don't have to sit around to have to buy FOOD. Yes, FOOD. In 1.8 normal items is more common because you don't have to eat food often so this isn't a problem, but in 1.9, if you take 1 heart of damage, its time to eat. You go through so much food per game that to even rush mid you need at least 5 steak (that's 25 iron, which takes AGES to get if there are gen hoggers on your team, compare that to OP mode where you just need 5 iron). You are essentially waiting around on your base for a good minute, doing nothing but buying FOOD.

Also in normal mode, you take a ton of fall damage so killing skybasers is very dangerous and annoying.

It's so bad. Somehow, the admins decided it needed to go into beta before they could add it accordingly, like less steak somehow could break the game.

Or maybe they just need more content for beta?

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
2. Not entirely sure what you mean by this point, I'll wait for more clarification before responding,

Well instead of selecting the item that was voted for the most (OP Half) instead votes are randomly selected from the votes received if someone votes for hardcore or normal.

I fully agree with this reason right here. We've been complaining about OP Half but did not stop to wonder why it's so appealing in the first place. Food is essential in Eggwars and unfortunately you only have a choice between Steak and Carrots both of which has their own drawbacks making managing your hunger too much of a task in both Normal and Hardcore. (Hardcore is less of a problem since there is no natural or saturation regen to worry about). We don't need to make voting available to everyone or make separate lobbies for votes. What we need to do is increase the appeal of these gamemodes so that playing them is less frustrating and i feel like @SpankMeSanta addressed a critical point in the matter. Lowering the price of steak in normal is in the Beta Phase so it should be coming soon.

Members Online

Members online

Top Bottom