Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
I've been seeing a lot of suggestions about new towers, mobs, and potions. So many in fact, that I've felt the need to post this thread. For starters, there's an entire section on the forums for suggestions here:

https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/suggestions/

It's my understanding that suggestions for new ideas are to go in that branch of the forums, not this one.

I'd also like to say that Tower Defense on Cubecraft is very well balanced. However, I haven't seen many players that are good enough to truly understand why it's balanced so well. There's a counter to every type of offensive move that the other team makes... that includes giants, blaze rushes, and cave spiders that get a load of regeneration. The toughest types of offense used by the other team requires the highest level of defense. Even the speed in which you react to what's sent at you matters. What I'm getting at is... I don't feel we need new content added to the game at all. I don't even feel like things need re-balanced. In fact, I do have an appreciation for the way the game is set up currently. I would like to say that I don't want to see changes made to Tower Defense.

Thanks for reading this post.

Tom25W

Nov 12, 2016
I've been seeing a lot of suggestions about new towers, mobs, and potions. So many in fact, that I've felt the need to post this thread. For starters, there's an entire section on the forums for suggestions here:

It's my understanding that suggestions for new ideas are to go in that branch of the forums, not this one.

I'd also like to say that Tower Defense on Cubecraft is very well balanced. However, I haven't seen many players that are good enough to truly understand why it's balanced so well. There's a counter to every type of offensive move that the other team makes... that includes giants, blaze rushes, and cave spiders that get a load of regeneration. The toughest types of offense used by the other team requires the highest level of defense. Even the speed in which you react to what's sent at you matters. What I'm getting at is... I don't feel we need new content added to the game at all. I don't even feel like things need re-balanced. In fact, I do have an appreciation for the way the game is set up currently. I would like to say that I don't want to see changes made to Tower Defense.

Boi I dont think you understand. The gamemode is currently dead and needs a ton of improvements.80% of your team will leave,90% are new players with no Idea how to play and thats why pros / the talented players dont play it anymore it just makes them angry that they cant have teamwork or that these players dont listen. As summary you could say that TD has a major issue with balanced gameplay

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
Boi I dont think you understand. The gamemode is currently dead and needs a ton of improvements.80% of your team will leave,90% are new players with no Idea how to play and thats why pros / the talented players dont play it anymore it just makes them angry that they cant have teamwork or that these players dont listen. As summary you could say that TD has a major issue with balanced gameplay

Then I recommend seeking out the players with a clue. Playing casually and expecting a team that knows what they're doing just doesn't appear to be an option in this game. I can say without doubt that there are players with a very good understanding of the game, but you need to find them and stick together with them. I've met quite a few good players myself. I do like the idea of a party system though... being able to stick with your friends would be a great addition. When it comes to new towers, potions, and mobs though... I don't really want more of any of them. I like Tower Defense the way it is right now.

Reactions: HanRevellicious

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
You could always request a move of the thread. Your guides are great and deserve to be at the top of this sub forum anyway :P Right now tower defence may be balanced but do you really want it to have no feature updates in the future?

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
You could always request a move of the thread. Your guides are great and deserve to be at the top of this sub forum anyway :p Right now tower defence may be balanced but do you really want it to have no feature updates in the future?

I really don't want changes to it to be made. There's so much going for this game as it is now, and I've heard from a few friends that they don't want any changes to be made to it either. On another note, thanks for the compliment about my guides! I've said it before in a reply, but I've poured a lot of time and thought into each of the parts. I'm always glad to see someone post praise about it. I enjoyed writing each post, and I've been meaning to edit them a bit. There are some changes I'd like to make to them regarding play-styles, meteor potions having a smaller range than the other portions, "golem error" as I called it, and "consecutive" rushes might be a better name for "concurrent" rushes. I named them "concurrent" because I feel the word has more impact, and it's more of a term directed at multiple players sending mobs close to each other, rather than one player sending a wave and waiting a good fourteen or so seconds to send the second wave. I feel like having about seven seconds between the time that the two waves are sent makes them the toughest. I've been on defense a lot more lately, and I even want to comment about the differences between pigmen rushes and creeper rushes.... particularly which one a quake tower is better for, and which wave an ice tower is better for. Look at me go.... I've only meant to say "thanks" and I'm rambling on about concepts that I'd like to write about. I think I'll write my next part soon. Thanks again for the comment about my guide.

Reactions: Power Ranger

Tom25W

Nov 12, 2016
I dont care about guides and whats better to counter.I also dont care that your friends say that they dont want changes. Important is that we can enjoy the gamemode and since only some people like playing with noobs I still believe that the game setup is missing essential content which would reduce the ammount of noobs or giving more tactics to the game.Iv made many suggestions and also recieved multiple diffrent feedback.The playerbase USUALLY doesnt want changes at all, even if it would give new ways to play it. These players only want to play with their old strategies or want changes so they can improve the success rate of their strategies( punchbow removal in Egg Wars ).That are also some reasons why staff doesnt reply to new suggestions,which is sad.Ask yourself when a staff member replied to a towerdefence thread

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
I dont care about guides and whats better to counter.I also dont care that your friends say that they dont want changes. Important is that we can enjoy the gamemode and since only some people like playing with noobs I still believe that the game setup is missing essential content which would reduce the ammount of noobs or giving more tactics to the game.Iv made many suggestions and also recieved multiple diffrent feedback.The playerbase USUALLY doesnt want changes at all, even if it would give new ways to play it. These players only want to play with their old strategies or want changes so they can improve the success rate of their strategies( punchbow removal in Egg Wars ).That are also some reasons why staff doesnt reply to new suggestions,which is sad.Ask yourself when a staff member replied to a towerdefence thread

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/ymbmg95s-guide-to-tower-defence.148762/
A staff member posted on my guide here, it's the sixth comment on the page. I'm not sure what it is that you're trying to say here, but I'm not going to keep this conversation going either. I'm just not a fan of conversations like this one. Anyways, don't post on that thread that I linked, just because that's considered necro-posting and staff doesn't like necro-posting.

Tom25W

Nov 12, 2016
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/ymbmg95s-guide-to-tower-defence.148762/
A staff member posted on my guide here, it's the sixth comment on the page. I'm not sure what it is that you're trying to say here, but I'm not going to keep this conversation going either. I'm just not a fan of conversations like this one. Anyways, don't post on that thread that I linked, just because that's considered necro-posting and staff doesn't like necro-posting.
cool and now tell me how old the thread was lol

Jan 16, 2017
We need a suggestion about a party system being posted on Cubecraft. I've played with enough mage stackers today for a month's time. There needs to be changes. With players stacking constantly and other players not votekicking there's no point in even looking at a game like this competitively.

Edit: I wanted to say thanks for this helpful thread. But there are hundreds of posts on the suggestions thread. How do you get moderators to become serious about something? What's your experience?

Last edited:

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com

Thanks for telling them about the suggestions page. Their is one thing though, whether tower defense needs something new or not is opinion based. Everyone has their own opinion on it.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

apparently the free 500 minecoins isnt actually "free", you have to buy something first

LAME!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
congratss thisj o/
Kazwa wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
lyyy x
Just got off work and have to wake up in 5,5 hours for school tomorrow… :sadnoot:
Sleep well cuties ❤️
Top Bottom