Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on EggWars, try to stay on topic!

i hate hackers1234

Novice Member
Sep 5, 2022
Cubecraft Staff, there have been many complaints about 1.20 eggwars and many requests to revert, or bring back the OG eggwars in some way but the staff have never answered. Will there be a return? In any way for example a seprate server, or just a complete revert or maybe even a vote before games like the modes? Staff pls answer because want a definite answer and other people pls don't answer

multigamer81

Novice Member
Jan 9, 2019
No there wont be. The new update is perfect on its own. It has finally balanced the game in a good way. Now new unexperienced players can finally get to play more than a minute and not get killed by a person who only has blocks and aways rushes. Overall the new update is well balanced for me.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I highly doubt it. Not only would that put the countless hours and dollars spent on this update to waste, but it would be humiliating towards the developers and server as a whole. The new features available in 1.19 could allow developers to create new ideas to improve current games. I believe new, original ideas would benefit the server more than downgrading versions. Splitting into 2 separate servers is utterly ridiculous in my opinion, all cubecraft developers (and players) need to be on the same page and work with the same versions of the game. The additional staff and costs needed to maintain 2 more servers ( assuming a new server was added on Java and bedrock) would outweigh any additional profits these new servers would make, even in the scenario that they continue to grow.

Reactions: hanssandstorm17

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I highly doubt it. Not only would that put the countless hours and dollars spent on this update to waste, but it would be humiliating towards the developers and server as a whole. The new features available in 1.19 could allow developers to create new ideas to improve current games. I believe new, original ideas would benefit the server more than downgrading versions. Splitting into 2 separate servers is utterly ridiculous in my opinion, all cubecraft developers (and players) need to be on the same page and work with the same versions of the game. The additional staff and costs needed to maintain 2 more servers ( assuming a new server was added on Java and bedrock) would outweigh any additional profits these new servers would make, even in the scenario that they continue to grow.
They already wasted their money and time - it's not a very good update

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
They already wasted their money and time - it's not a very good update
I know that this seems to be a popular opinion among the community, but good luck actually convincing the developers to do this. I highly doubt the sunk cost fallacy will allow them to. believe the developers would be more open to feedback about original ideas and tweaks to new changes, and they will probably ignore requests to revert this update. My hope is that the cubecraft team is able to learn from their failures in order to be more successful in the future.

Reactions: hanssandstorm17

lichtim

Novice Member
May 21, 2023
North germany
The old eggwars wont come Back BC the devs worked at the update for so Long and the Update ist really good now i Like IT and IT makes fun tho BC they fixed many Bugs and glitches and they changed Not so good Things in really good Things.but i understand Ur point.keep Up the great Work.cya

Dec 28, 2022
Canada
Pronouns
He/Him
Personally, I don't think there will be a revert. This is due to more and more people starting to accept the new update, and a majority of the bugs being patched. Although the scrim community has officially died post-update, there doesn't seem to be a need to revert back.

Reactions: adrian525pl

CoralKitty

Jul 16, 2022
Connecticut
Pronouns
She/Her
Cubecraft Staff, there have been many complaints about 1.20 eggwars and many requests to revert, or bring back the OG eggwars in some way but the staff have never answered. Will there be a return? In any way for example a seprate server, or just a complete revert or maybe even a vote before games like the modes? Staff pls answer because want a definite answer and other people pls don't answer
short answer: Maybe but probobly not

long answer: they put a lot of work into the 1.20 update and yeah a lot of people dont like it but thats just because they dont like change. to just revert it would be a waist of many months of work. a lot of people have already gotten used to it. potentialy they could revert some stuff in season 3 but I wouldnt hold my breath

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
I extremely doubt that they'd revert back. Mainly because, even regardless of what you, the forums and I may think of the update, eggwars is more popular than ever.

Especially in the recent few days, according to the player numbers, almost half the server (as I am writing this: 4400 players out of almost 9670 online, again: ALMOST half) is on eggwars at all times.

Yesterday morning, with around 9500 players online: 4300 on eggwars
Yesterday evening, 19500 online: 9000 on eggwars
Today morning, 9670 online, 4400 on eggwars.

Just so you know, just shortly after the update released, as well as before its release, with 9000 online, eggwars would be somewhere around 2k players.

The player numbers on eggwars almost doubled just a few weeks after the updates released.

They have no reason to revert an update that seemingly made the game more popular than its ever been in terms of player numbers. Not even the bugs are such a problem anymore, they have seemingly fixed the most severe ones, the server also feels less laggy (though that could just be me getting used to the lag at this point, lol).

Tl;dr: Why would they revert an update that the majority of players seem to like?

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
When EggWars season 2 first launched, it was too drastic of a shift. The network wasn't the most stable either. We saw a considerable drop in players, and community opinion echoed this. I answered hundreds of support tickets during the first week of the migration to understand people's frustrations.

In the following weeks, the team made many changes and improvements to the network, Sentinel and EggWars.
The number of people playing has gone up (as we're nearing the end of Summer too).

Granted, it may still not be to everyone's taste. However, the stats say more people are playing.

Still a few things I'd love to change, but we have Season 3 for this

1692358279718.png

i hate hackers1234

Novice Member
Sep 5, 2022
When EggWars season 2 first launched, it was too drastic of a shift. The network wasn't the most stable either. We saw a considerable drop in players, and community opinion echoed this. I answered hundreds of support tickets during the first week of the migration to understand people's frustrations.

In the following weeks, the team made many changes and improvements to the network, Sentinel and EggWars.
The number of people playing has gone up (as we're nearing the end of Summer too).

Granted, it may still not be to everyone's taste. However, the stats say more people are playing.

Still a few things I'd love to change, but we have Season 3 for this

View attachment 222794
finaly got a staff answer, thanks for confirming it

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D I hope you have an awesome day today!
GiGaGekkies wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
Top Bottom