Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiMC

Nov 28, 2020
Hi all!
I was looking trough the discord server and saw that you guys don't have Tickets!
I suggest adding a bot like ticketool(example), it's really helpful.
Reasons why:
1. Sometimes it's really busy in #staff-help. I can't read messages and its hard to follow a conversation.
2. Sometimes people need private help for sth, not public.
Information about ticket tool:
What it does: you can create a message which allows people to open tickets. If someone reacts to the message a new ticket will open, it has nice features such as: claim a ticket, rename it, delete it, save transcript, add and remove people.

This is only an example, you can always create your own bot ;)

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I agree. I may not be a moderator but often questions get lost in staff-help and generally it's chaos in there. This would solve that. Escalated!

Reactions: xFqbian

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
i deeply disagree. yes, staffhelp questions sometimes get lost, but simply bumping the issue can solve that. having 82726262 different channels, each one with a different topic, different moderators who are dealinf with the issue, slower response time. this would drastically decrease our efficiency.

private issues can be discussed in dms.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
i deeply disagree. yes, staffhelp questions sometimes get lost, but simply bumping the issue can solve that. having 82726262 different channels, each one with a different topic, different moderators who are dealinf with the issue, slower response time. this would drastically decrease our efficiency.

This wouldn't necessarily decrease efficiency. In the long term, these conversations can be analysed and used for moderator training to improve their quality.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
The Cubecraft discord is too big for the ticket system. It would be way too messy for staff members with all that tickets. In my opinion that ticket system works on small Discord servers only.
The Among Us Discord has over half a million members and they also have a ticket system. It's the opposite for me: one general channel for help is better for small Discord servers, whereas big ones should have a ticket system

FnigePython

Sep 7, 2019
the land down under
Pronouns
She/Her
I personally definitely like the ticket idea, Its done in many other servers too. I can see the problem with channels stacking up and is a valid point to bring up in this situation.
1607039558060.png

You can have a channel something like this where the person who needs help can have a reaction. Misusing the ticket should result in warnings.

There should be a essay of sorts telling what you can and what you cant have a ticket for.

Opening the ticket should have the bot remind you another time that this is not for ingame reports because people would definitely do that. Also it should have another reaction for closing the ticket. for when its over.

Like @Priley said, This can also be used so you can easily analyse these for helpers. though the problem arises where there may be too many channels. The best way to combat this would be to make the bot or staff send the support ticket transcript (either via text or photo). [Note: Getting a bot to send the whole photo may be hard/impossible so it may be a better idea for the bot to send a transcript of that conversation.

Though @Enⅾer does have a point. Though theres 2 things to note about that. Questions are still repeated so having a ticket system wouldnt make it too worse. There is also the possibility of having a QNA section for the more common questions that are said.

Personally, there are definitely some hurdles. Though jumping over them are possible and would end up with the system being a cleaner and better system overall

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

The Cubecraft discord is too big for the ticket system. It would be way too messy for staff members with all that tickets. In my opinion that ticket system works on small Discord servers only.

I personally disagree with this, my reasoning for this is because if staff help was replaced with a ticket system some of the more common questions would be asked constantly because there is no longer a public chat where it has been answered before.

Basically, everything I have to say about this. You all bring up any point I could make lol. A ticket system on Cube would be a nightmare.

Also, I ask too many questions in #staff-help and often they can be left unnoticed. There are two solutions I have used in the past.

1) Quoting my original question

2) DM'ing an online staff memeber

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
In my opinion, while this sort of system usually works great in discord servers of any size, the cubecraft community is an exception. There are a lot of easy to solve repeat questions that people would open tickets for again and again which would be even more tiring to staff than staff help currently is. If you want to discuss something in private, you can always DM a mod on Discord or forums and all other questions are more easy to handle in a simple question channel.

Ben

Aug 4, 2020
Radcliffe
Pronouns
He/They
Answering questions in a public channel is really useful because chances are, if it's not answered in an FAQ somewhere, more people will have the same question, and for the few who search for their question before asking it again, that's extremely helpful. Having loads of channels with people asking the same kinds of questions and there not really being as much of a staff presence because you wouldn't be able to see the channels where questions are being answered just doesn't sound like a nice experience.

CraftBattlePoni

Sep 12, 2016
The ticket system would be effective as situations that currently do not want to be disclosed have to be privately messaged to staff on the discord server, thus if there were lots of people requiring attention many staff members would be overloaded, if a ticket system is introduced players can state their issue and wait for a response from a staff member which as said above would take less than an hour depending on if how busy staff are.

If servers are down then, a possible solution to this would be to post a message in #announcements and inform the player base of this and request them to be patient temporarily.

If there is a dedicated category for tickets which a channel could be #staff-help and in there players could open a ticket regarding a specific topic, If a bot was introduced that could quickly make tickets in a chronological order with ticket numbers then navigating through the tickets would not be hard.

Regarding the deleting channels matter, with ticket bots you can close the ticket efficiently and very quickly to ensure that unnecessary are not being used up to hit the maximum of 50 channels per category (I believe this is the max)

Furthermore, In terms for staff the tickets system could also be used for a credit system and if staff do tickets that could maybe help them get promoted (possible initiatives.)

kristiankunc

Dedicated Member
Oct 4, 2016
kristn.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Pretty good idea, I suggested it some time ago and the only issue there is... spam

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
The ticket system would be effective as situations that currently do not want to be disclosed have to be privately messaged to staff on the discord server, thus if there were lots of people requiring attention many staff members would be overloaded, if a ticket system is introduced players can state their issue and wait for a response from a staff member which as said above would take less than an hour depending on if how busy staff are.

If servers are down then, a possible solution to this would be to post a message in #announcements and inform the player base of this and request them to be patient temporarily.

If there is a dedicated category for tickets which a channel could be #staff-help and in there players could open a ticket regarding a specific topic, If a bot was introduced that could quickly make tickets in a chronological order with ticket numbers then navigating through the tickets would not be hard.

Regarding the deleting channels matter, with ticket bots you can close the ticket efficiently and very quickly to ensure that unnecessary are not being used up to hit the maximum of 50 channels per category (I believe this is the max)

Furthermore, In terms for staff the tickets system could also be used for a credit system and if staff do tickets that could maybe help them get promoted (possible initiatives.)
Please do not necropost.
Necroposting is defined as replying to threads which haven't had any new posts in the last 3 weeks in an attempt to revive it. This does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introduction threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom