Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Community Talks

Hello, this is my first proper suggestion in a long time, so my walls of text may be a bit rough around the edges. But today I'm here to talk about Community Talks. Community Talks used to be the best events Cubecraft ever hosted, but there hasn't been one in over a year I believe. Anytime a big change was planned for Cubecraft, a Community Talk would be held and our voices would be heard.

There wasn't a community talk held for the 1.19 update, despite it being extremely controversial. Now I agree with Cubecraft's decision on the 1.19 update, but I still think they should have hosted a community talk. However the 1.19 update has happened and there's no point dwelling on the past, but, we can still look forward to the future.

I believe a Community Talk should be held on mainly the future of Cubecraft Java, however there should also be some topics that effect Bedrock too. Even if our votes aren't final and are only advisory, the votes that happened were extremely influential and helped shape the future of both Networks!

But what would the Community Talks even be about? Well there are some topics that could be brought up.

Minerware!

Minerware is currently getting updated on Bedrock and there are calls for it to return on Java. A Community Talk would be the perfect place for this to be discussed

Returning Maps!
There have also been suggestions for some maps to return on Java, now not that many can or will return, so a vote could be held to determine which ones come back from the dead.

Now I know Cubecraft are reluctant to bring maps or games back to Java, as it may split queues. But the networks player count will only shrink and shrink without updates to Java, thus some things will have to return. Even after The Big Change, games like Minerware returned.

Outro

So basically, tldr; I believe that a community talk should be held to talk about the future of Cubecraft. I also believe more should be held in the future when needed. Also I do appreciate the work that the devs have done, I just think they should hold a Community Talk to well, talk to us. Thanks for reading!

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Community Talks

Hello, this is my first proper suggestion in a long time, so my walls of text may be a bit rough around the edges. But today I'm here to talk about Community Talks. Community Talks used to be the best events Cubecraft ever hosted, but there hasn't been one in over a year I believe. Anytime a big change was planned for Cubecraft, a Community Talk would be held and our voices would be heard.

There wasn't a community talk held for the 1.19 update, despite it being extremely controversial. Now I agree with Cubecraft's decision on the 1.19 update, but I still think they should have hosted a community talk. However the 1.19 update has happened and there's no point dwelling on the past, but, we can still look forward to the future.

I believe a Community Talk should be held on mainly the future of Cubecraft Java, however there should also be some topics that effect Bedrock too. Even if our votes aren't final and are only advisory, the votes that happened were extremely influential and helped shape the future of both Networks!

But what would the Community Talks even be about? Well there are some topics that could be brought up.

Minerware!

Minerware is currently getting updated on Bedrock and there are calls for it to return on Java. A Community Talk would be the perfect place for this to be discussed

Returning Maps!
There have also been suggestions for some maps to return on Java, now not that many can or will return, so a vote could be held to determine which ones come back from the dead.

Now I know Cubecraft are reluctant to bring maps or games back to Java, as it may split queues. But the networks player count will only shrink and shrink without updates to Java, thus some things will have to return. Even after The Big Change, games like Minerware returned.

Outro

So basically, tldr; I believe that a community talk should be held to talk about the future of Cubecraft. I also believe more should be held in the future when needed. Also I do appreciate the work that the devs have done, I just think they should hold a Community Talk to well, talk to us. Thanks for reading!

I agree. The community talks are a very powerful topic. We need to do them more often and gather valuable and sometimes critical feedback from our players when it comes to future updates and what they would like to see on the network. Sometimes we do this in designated groups of people for specific minigames, but it's best to get the whole community together and collect their ideas and opinions so that we can keep the network to the best of their interests.

I'm not saying this on behalf of the company or towards anyone specific, just providing my own personal opinion on the need for more community talks. Finding the time to organize these talks within the company can be rather difficult, with everyone full steam ahead working on many different projects and keeping the network up and running. When the CC team wants to host a community talk, they want the very best people with the most knowledge of the network to step up and answer questions. Sometimes those people aren't available due to holidays or the amount of work and tasks they have.

Community talks take a lot of time internally to try and organize, having seen it from my perspective. While I would love to see them more, it isn't always possible due to last-minute changes, cancellations, or holidays. Maybe it would be possible to organise another one sometime soon, possibly along the run-up to spooky month or towards the end of the year explaining our plans and ambitions for 2024, but nothing is confirmed, these are just potential ideas.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Top Bottom