Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Before I begin this suggestion I would like to point out that it was also suggested in 2020, and that the original thread can be found Here. Just because a staff member is making this suggestion does NOT mean that it will officially be implemented.

Original idea:

Back in 2017, 4J Studios & Mojang (not Microsoft) released Glide on the XBOX One Edition of Minecraft. A few months later (25th of May, 2017) and CubeCraft Games would explore and expand this idea for Java Edition with Wing Rush. Bringing this once popular game mode to Bedrock has been something talked about in the past, however, I would like to bring up the idea once more now that the team has grown tremendously in size and player base.

Why do I think Glide/Wing Rush would be a good idea for Bedrock?

As a lot of our players know, Java Edition is only a small percentage of our player-base, which is why I am focusing this suggestion on Bedrock specifically. Our Bedrock Edition network is visited by over 40,000 - 45,000 players every day. Our Bedrock network currently features a mid-sized selection of minigames, however, these have also been seen on other servers in the past. Adding something as fresh and new to the Bedrock community would certainly give the server an extra boost in terms of player count, as well as opening up many more doors in the future for things like upgrades and official CubeCraft Games tournament races, as well as vanity items like customizing your elytra, what particle trails flows behind you as you fly, a particle explosion when you pick up a powerup, etc.

With a large player base of Bedrock Edition also on XBOX, there is a high chance that players who used to play Glide before Bedrock Edition, would love to see the classic come back and be revived so they can show off all the skills they learned from the minigame, as it trained players how to practice and use elytra, even in tight corners and difficult situations.

How could we improve the game and optimize it for Bedrock players?

This game mode would need a few optimizations to work on Bedrock, however, these are only minimal. Bedrock Edition players are mainly using touch-based devices as well as controllers, which will make it easier for navigation and control around the maps. The powerups will need to be larger so it is easier for Bedrock players to fly into them at high speeds, and if we use our Java maps, it is likely these would need to be changed depending on how fast players will be zipping through the track, however, this is probably an easy fix. Bedrock Edition will allow us to add custom models... as mentioned earlier, we could use custom models to change how the game looks. Booster pads could use a custom model or effect similar to that on the old Glide minigame so it's easier to navigate and find booster pads.

Booster pads will also make it so you don't have to hold down a firework, making it easier for those who would be playing on a mobile device or tablet.

How would I be able to customize myself in the minigame?

Customizations are likely something that would come after the initial release if the game was moved into development, but some of the biggest ideas would be changing how your elytra look, maybe we could add in some model versions including a jetpack design, the CubeCraft Games logo, EnderDragon wings, heck, throw in the entire dragon! As well as this, we could allow customizations to the particles and trails within the minigame. As mentioned earlier in this thread, I talked about particle trails that flow from behind you as you fly. These particle trails could be anything from simple Redstone dust, all the way to crazy ideas like rainbow dust, and smoke particle effects. Players will have the ability to toggle these effects on/off to improve their game performance if required to do so.

Conclusion

In conclusion to this idea, I really do think that adding a similar game mode on Bedrock would bring a whole new experience for players, as well as giving some of our Minecraft veterans the chance to play a minigame they used to play years ago on their XBOX device. Adding this game mode would also be completely unique, setting CubeCraft out from the rest with a game mode exclusive to our network.

Please provide any additional feedback, questions, or comments you might have about this idea below, I would love to hear about any additional ideas/improvements we could make for this to possibly become a reality!

------ Added thoughts ------

With our latest game mode Magic & Mayhem, we tested out elytra mechanics and how they would work on the CubeCraft Games network. The elytra experience within Magic & Mayhem was quite a big hit, with players loving the idea of flying through hoops and being able to explore the world with a pair of 'wings'. I think with how well and how many people enjoyed that section of Magic & Mayhem that a game like this would work rather well for our Bedrock community, as well as those on Java who love our Wing Rush featured minigame.

This is a repost of my previous idea from February 2021 to support the newer suggestion structure requirements that were made a few months ago.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Introduction
I believe Wing Rush would be an incredible addition to Bedrock, especially with the high demand for an elytra minigame to come to a featured server. Recently there has been more push in The Hive's community to add an elytra gamemode. So there is definitely a large audience that wants to play an elytra game, so why wouldn't Cubecraft add Wing Rush.​

ENDERIUM

Dedicated Member
May 22, 2021
THE END
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
we love nostalgia
i still have my ps3 in a box in my cupboard if this isn't implemented or the editions button on the bedrock home screen which only old people have

Anyway, if we're making a Wing Rush game, we might as well have a minigame version in MinerWare and Spleef, as that's also a console game added in 2016.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Anyway, if we're making a Wing Rush game, we might as well have a minigame version in MinerWare and Spleef, as that's also a console game added in 2016.
I don't think Wing Rush should be added to Minerware, and also Cubecraft doesn't have Spleef.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Thoughts on a Wing Rush rank
On Java, Wing Rush has a ring mode which you can vote for. It's a cool spot of variation if you get bored of regular wing rush. On Bedrock you could be able to vote for this option if you have a Wing Rush Rank.

You would also be able to select which map you wish to play on with this rank. Plus some cosmetics and 750 VIP xp. This rank would help monetize Wing Rush and help Cubecraft so much so it would be a necessity for the game! Thanks for reading this.​

• Disagree
Reactions: xHappyMood

Click Greatness

Jan 23, 2021
Greatness
www.youtube.com
While I LOVE this idea there are a couple of PROBELMS

1. Back in the console days a big part of the mini-games was the MUSIC. Without custom made, charming, fast-paced Music the game really would lose quite a bit of charm. I’m not exactly sure what resources CubeCraft has access to orchestrate and implement actual music but I hope that something can be done.

2. UI and CUSTOM MADE ELEMENTS might be a problem. You see I’m not exactly sure how far Minecraft Bedrock and Java can be pushed in this department because the actual glide boosters and stuff look pretty sophisticated but I think CubeCraft could pull something off.

3. PERFORMANCE. Glide is a very fast mini-game, you’re constantly moving, but on lower end devices the maps might not load fast enough as your gliding. A problem on GALAXITE HYPER RACERS is that the chunks don’t load fast enough, so this can most definitely be a problem here on CubeCraft too.

4. IMMERSION. This isn’t CubeCraft‘s fault. You see on the console edition, the way ELYTRAS flew was way more immersive. The way the camera panned made it seem way more intense and cinematic and overall just felt better. On bedrock and java we have this jagged, out of place, weird way elytras work that somewhat ruin the atmosphere in this type of setting.

5. QUALITY. If there was one thing 4J STUDIOS is known for, it‘s quality. The sheer quality of their mini-games are unmatched. The UI, the streamlined experience, the maps ( visually and gameplay-wise), etc. CubeCraft just can’t do some of that stuff. I’m VERY worried that this might end up being a KNOCKOFF because let’s face it, if CubeCraft tried to copy exactly what 4J did ( I know they wouldn’t do this), it would simply be worse in a multitude of ways with some of which not being CubeCraft’s fault.

So if we cannot propose creative twists and ways to combat these problems, no matter how many agrees we get I fear this suggestion will be denied. If anyone has solutions or objections please reply to this comment.

Last edited:

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Thoughts on a Wing Rush rank
Pls if you have 6 words why would you make it 4-2 and not 3-3
You would also be able to select which map you wish to play on with this rank.
I can agree that you need a special rank to vote for hoop/normal mode, like it is on Java, however I don’t think you should need a rank to vote for the map. That’s also how it is on Java, everyone can vote for the map, with the only difference being plus rank getting a double vote but as plus isn’t a thing on bedrock that wouldn’t change anything. If you only let people with a rank vote you’ll often get games without any votes which wouldn’t really make any sense as it’d just randomly decide maps.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I can agree that you need a special rank to vote for hoop/normal mode, like it is on Java, however I don’t think you should need a rank to vote for the map. That’s also how it is on Java, everyone can vote for the map, with the only difference being plus rank getting a double vote but as plus isn’t a thing on bedrock that wouldn’t change anything. If you only let people with a rank vote you’ll often get games without any votes which wouldn’t really make any sense as it’d just randomly decide maps.
There wouldn't be map voting in Wing Rush on Bedrock. Instead you would choose which map you will play by clicking on the NPC. It's map selection, not map voting. This is how it works for every game on Bedrock (bar Minerware) and it's how it will work for Wing Rush.

Edit: forwarded when?

• Disagree

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
There wouldn't be map voting in Wing Rush on Bedrock.
Why not?
Instead you would choose which map you will play by clicking on the NPC.
Why?
It's map selection, not map voting.
Why would selection be better?
This is how it works for every game on Bedrock
It’s how it works for most (only some featured games have map voting) on Java too, so I don’t see how that’s an argument
it's how it will work for Wing Rush.
As if you decide that xD

• Disagree
Reactions: Dualninja

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Why not?

Why?

Why would selection be better?

It’s how it works for most (only some featured games have map voting) on Java too, so I don’t see how that’s an argument

As if you decide that xD
It doesn't make much sense to have different map selection processes for different games. Also it would require more work on Cubecraft's end.

• Disagree

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Should fix bugs rather than making useless updates that will cause more lag and bugs, maybe when the server is good I would like this but as of now I wouldn't be happy with this being added

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey Hazard (you must be new here, never heard of you!)

We've got plans for more arcade games on Bedrock in the future and it will likely include a variation of Wing Rush. This will be a very long process so we can't guarantee anything as it's all down to community feedback and data when these things roll around.

Marked as planned for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
Top Bottom