Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Nice thread. But at the moment you should probably read this one, too. Or you will be surprised by a team with full diamond gear half an hour into the game.

Another important tip for pvp: If you see someone check the player list to see their health. If they are low, always attack to get the regeneration.

Hit-and-run with melee weapons rarely works well for me or against me. The opponent can easily hit once and sometimes even twice.

When I am enchanting, I like to put efficiency 1 ony diamond pickaxe for just one level to mine (and get experience) a tiny bit faster.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
This is good! I'll add my comment to help people prepare better for UHC or at least get an idea how important health is. These games can help:

-hardcore eggwars
-hardcore SG

Why? It gives an idea how much damage you can take and improves your decision making where health can cost you. This isn't for the game but as preparation before trying UHC.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
This is good! I'll add my comment to help people prepare better for UHC or at least get an idea how important health is. These games can help:

-hardcore eggwars
-hardcore SG

Why? It gives an idea how much damage you can take and improves your decision making where health can cost you. This isn't for the game but as preparation before trying UHC.
I guess it could kinda help, but Eggwars and SG both have alternative ways to regain HP. In eggwars you can just jump off or buy gaps, and in SG you can use Vampire and Brewing accident to regen. There's also items and other methods for that.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I guess it could kinda help, but Eggwars and SG both have alternative ways to regain HP. In eggwars you can just jump off or buy gaps, and in SG you can use Vampire and Brewing accident to regen. There's also items and other methods for that.
This assumes you don't use exploits in EW. Each gapple is also worth a whopping 10 gold per piece and you also need gold to get more arrows.

For SG, brewing accident is a no-no. It may give you something good but it will give something bad. Not reliable. We're talking about the damage you'll take during the fight too and let's not forget that you won't always regen to 100% HP.

The common ideas all 3 share are the limited HP and decision-making.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
This assumes you don't use exploits in EW. Each gapple is also worth a whopping 10 gold per piece and you also need gold to get more arrows.
Gold isn't a rare thing to come by at all. Besides, you'll only need like 40 arrows tops to keep someone from bridging. It's not like your bow is your main weapon. You can also upgrade a gold gen to T4 and collect massive amounts of gold for apples.

For SG, brewing accident is a no-no. It may give you something good but it will give something bad. Not reliable. We're talking about the damage you'll take during the fight too and let's not forget that you won't always regen to 100% HP.
@Lezappen uses it occasionally, and it really doesn't screw you over all that much. Waiting for regen is an optional thing to do anyways. There's still Vampire and other methods.

The common ideas all 3 share are the limited HP and decision-making.
The hardcore health is about all they have in common. In eggwars you don't worry too much about fall damage as you can just respawn or buy apples, and in SG you don't have many places where you can just fall off and hurt yourself.
UHC has a world where there's countless amounts of methods of taking natural damage, which results in a completely different play-style compared to Eggwars or SG.

Reactions: Lezappen

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Great guide for people to use for playing uhc.
Think it's a bit much for cubecrafts uhc though. A much simpler method is to just camp 0 0 most the game and watch everyone else die/lose health.
This guide is more for the people who die to simple things like mobs or the border. For a less basic and more metagame/pro strat focused guide, I recommend POWER_RANGER's thread.

Nice thread. But at the moment you should probably read this one, too. Or you will be surprised by a team with full diamond gear half an hour into the game.

Another important tip for pvp: If you see someone check the player list to see their health. If they are low, always attack to get the regeneration.

Hit-and-run with melee weapons rarely works well for me or against me. The opponent can easily hit once and sometimes even twice.

When I am enchanting, I like to put efficiency 1 ony diamond pickaxe for just one level to mine (and get experience) a tiny bit faster.
Ha. I actually just mentioned that thread; it's actually the one that inspired me to make this one for beginners. I also didn't want to mention exploits, as it would give the impression that an admin is encouraging players to cheat.

hardcore SG
I definitely recommend this for players who aren't quite ready for the harsh and unforgiving game mode that is UHC. Good for dipping your toes in the water.

Members Online

Team online

• Camezonda
    Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈

Latest profile posts

Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
Top Bottom