Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
Forums Banner - How to Play.png

Introduction

Hi! I am Shotgun, a TD try hard who works hard to make TD great again! When I saw the guides of Tower Defence on the forums and read them, I saw some incorrect information and thought there were parts that can be said more about. Also, there hasn’t been made a Strategy Guide yet. So, here I am with a full guide for Tower Defence on CubeCraft Games. I divided the forums version into three parts: How to Play, Database and Strategy. A full version can be found attached to this thread. Here's the first part: How to Play. Links to the other parts: Database and Strategy

If you want more guides or a community to play and make strategies and parties with; Join Tower Defence CC! They also host tournaments and events!

The Concept

There are two teams with a maximum of 6 people who fight each other. The goal is to take down the Castle of the enemy team and defend yours. Defending can be done by placing towers and hitting the mobs with your bow or sword. Two Castle Guards are placed close to the Castle to offer some help defending. Attacking can be done by sending troops to the other team’s track. The coloured beacons show where the mobs will spawn. If you don’t know which side is yours, use tab to see which colour your team is and then look at the colour of the beacons.

There are two currencies in the game: Coins and Experience.
Experience is referred to as EXP in the guide and in-game. It is used to unlock troops, upgrade troops, upgrade your Goldmine (referred to as gm by some players) and unlock potions. EXP is gained by your mobs dying at your opponent’s track.
The coins are used to build towers, send troops and upgrade your sword or bow. It is gained by killing mobs on your track (damage does not count) and automatically by your Goldmine. The stronger the mobs you kill, the more coins you get and upgrading your Goldmine will increase the rate at which Coins are generated.

One match takes 40 minutes, 25 minutes before Armageddon and 15 minutes after.
For throwing potions and sending mobs there is a cooldown. This cooldown is always 15 seconds, to play the game perfectly, time your potions and sending perfectly.

Balance defence and offence to win the game.

Game Modes & Pricing Options

There are two game modes, three pricing options and 3 Armageddon modes to choose from.

The game modes are Normal and Survival. In Survival game mode the mobs will be sent in waves and you will be queuing your troops for next wave. At the top you can see how much time there is left until the next wave comes. You can only send 5 troops per wave in Survival, but you will get your EXP immediately.

The pricing options are Normal Income, Double Income and Quick Start. In Double Income you get double the Coins from the Goldmine and killing troops, and you get double the EXP from sending troops. Quick start is the same as Normal Income, but you will start with 100 EXP and 1500 Coins. Sometimes Normal Income is referred to as Half Income as a joke because it is so slow.

The Armageddon modes are Lightning, Wither and Horde. In all modes the Castle Guards are disabled when the Armageddon mode starts, and the health of the Castle is decreased to 25% if not already below. In Lightning mode, lightning will randomly destroy towers on both sides. In Whither mode, the Whither will spawn and advance slowly towards the Castle while resurrecting Wither Skeletons and destroying towers leaving a trail of death and terror. In Horde mode, powerful troops will spawn and march with their only purpose to bring the Castle down.

How to Defend

Defending can either be done by placing towers or by hitting the enemy’s troops with your sword or bow. Placing towers can be done by right clicking the checked squares in the middle and selecting the tower you want. Try to place 3x3 towers on the 3x3 spots and 5x5 towers on the 5x5 spots to make ultimate use of the spots available. Upgrade your towers by right clicking a tower and selecting the desired upgrade.

How to Attack

Attacking can be done using your Chest in your hotbar. Right click on the chest to open your sending menu. From here you can select mobs and queue them up. The mob first selected is also the mob first sent. You can order your mobs this way! Right clicking the mob unlocks it, this requires EXP, if you unlocked the wrong mob, right click it again within 10 seconds to lock it again. You get 100% of your EXP back. Send the mobs using the Mob Spawner in the right-bottom corner of your menu. Upgrade them by clicking on the Nether Star in the middle of the bottom and then selecting the desired mob.

Tips & Tricks

• To make certain processes faster, shift can be used. Tower Defence remembers which tower you built or upgraded last. Using shift, you can immediately build your last chosen tower or upgrade your tower to the last chosen path. Also, you can use shift to add till twelve mobs to your queue at once!
  • If you accidentally unlocked a troop, you can right click on it again to relock it. Be fast though, as you only have 10 seconds to do this!
  • If there is a row of 3 5x5 spots next to a row of 5 3x3 spots, you can switch the places. Place the 3x3 towers on the 5x5 spots next to the borders and place the 5x5 towers on the 3x3 and the remaining parts of the 5x5 spots. Below is a video explaining it including a bonus tip!
  • When in Survival game mode, you can queue 1-4 troops to get EXP, then unlock something with the EXP acquired and then queue up 2-4 other troops.
  • Speed Potions are more effective than Healing Potions, only use Healing Potions when your troops have reached their Castle or when you are with more than 3 players.
  • Zeus is the worst potion available, don't even consider unlocking it.
  • When calculating the range of towers or AoE of potions, make sure to count until the centre of the track. If a tower reaches or a potion covers the centre (middle line) of the track it is effective for the entire part of the track. This way, you can use potions more effectively by throwing them on the fifth block from the corner of the turn. (if track has width of 5 then 6 blocks, if 9 then 4 blocks) Below you can find a screenshot to make it clearer.
    Potion Trick.png
  • Try to balance Coins & EXP, if you unlocked a good troop but can't send it due to a Coin shortage it won't help you.

Honourable Mentions

Keanu – he made the screenshots of all the maps
Jaduh – she checked whether it’s understandable for everyone
Dubbz - he calculated the Quick Start / Survival strategy and told me the match times

FAQ

The FAQ will be updated if I get more of the same questions.

How to get Experience?
When the troops died you sent; you’ll get experience. In survival game mode, you’ll get your Experience immediately when your troops are queued.

How to send troops?
Using your chest, you can unlock, upgrade and queue your mobs. Use your spawner to send the troops.

Why don’t you upgrade your Goldmine first and then unlock Spiders?
Spiders have a lower Coins per 1 EXP value than Zombies and because of that you’ll end up with more Coins if you unlock Spiders first.

Attachments

• Tower Defence Full Guide.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 471
Last edited:

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Oof so cool and detailed! Also... 46 pages?!!!! What?!
What are your favorite settings to play with?

Reactions: Shotgun

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
This is absolutely amazing! Along with your other guides it is so easy to understand and I really think anyone who plans on playing TD would benefit from reading these.

(also 46 pages?!?!? :o)

I did notice one small mistake:
Screen Shot 42.png

D

Deleted member 469419

I'll be honest, I haven't read it altogether but it has some specific parts that are amazing. I can't even figure out the time this has took this to you...

I can't barely imagine myself writing one of these, I'm scared 😂. I love your threads, they have a lot of content and are really useful, just keep going with the amazing work.

• Love
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom