Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Can we also not make this a rule please. Even if it's only for a select group of players.

Being a content creator on the server, especially one with a fancy rank, definitely puts you under the spotlight in practically any lobby you join. It kind of comes with the job. Even more so if you like to keep on the features that announce every time you join a lobby. It's not fun for anyone to be targeted. Without going into the specifics of what constitutes as enough for a punishment, such as whether one game of someone immediately coming to your island because they know you're a creator, banning players or punishing them in any way because they want to chase after clout by killing you or simply ridding someone they think is a threat to their winning of the game seems absurdly unreasonable to me.

I'm gonna be frank here. There are so many things that can make your game experience not so fun; a party of players joining your game in a solo gamemode, a full team of sweats in a lobby, someone cleaning you, etc. You can always use the /leave option if you know your experience will be ruined when you encounter these people. This goes for anyone, not just for creators or staff members. Is it fair for you to have to resort to such measures? Maybe not? But it's the online world, there are things you can do yourself or other options you can wait for from the server to make your gameplay a little bit more enjoyable. Banning players for something like this doesn't sit well with me.
Normally it wouldn't sit well for me, since as you said there are lots of things that are unfair. The difference here is that this only affects a very small group of people who have to deal with it nearly every game or every game /leave isn't really an option. Making them leave nearly every single game is not and never will be the solution.

Reactions: InsaneOrbitzz
D

Deleted member 469419

I mean, banning someone for targeting is too much... I think the only solution could avoid this, would be the addition of /nick command. Although, I do think that they're having troubles to add it since it isn't implemented yet.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Normally it wouldn't sit well for me, since as you said there are lots of things that are unfair. The difference here is that this only affects a very small group of people who have to deal with it nearly every game or every game /leave isn't really an option. Making them leave nearly every single game is not and never will be the solution.
Honestly, I can't completely relate to what creators like InsaneOrbitzz here experience on a day to day basis(?) Personally I've never had too many issues with people targeting me and whatnot, or rather I've never thought it to be such a big problem. So maybe my point of view here is rather biased. At the same time though, I still can't wrap my head around why something like this needs to be a bannable offense? If something as simple as adding a /nick option for creators would solve the issue, why wouldn't this be the better option? If it hasn't been implemented yet... it's not hard to wait. I'm sure it would become a priority if creators constantly asked for it from the team. I think having such a rule would become rather redundant after other solutions are introduced and a not so great precedent for future policies.

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
Honestly, I can't completely relate to what creators like InsaneOrbitzz here experience on a day to day basis(?) Personally I've never had too many issues with people targeting me and whatnot, or rather I've never thought it to be such a big problem. So maybe my point of view here is rather biased. At the same time though, I still can't wrap my head around why something like this needs to be a bannable offense? If something as simple as adding a /nick option for creators would solve the issue, why wouldn't this be the better option? If it hasn't been implemented yet... it's not hard to wait. I'm sure it would become a priority if creators constantly asked for it from the team. I think having such a rule would become rather redundant after other solutions are introduced and a not so great precedent for future policies.
Sorry for being unclear, I would love to see something like /nick and would far prefer that but I got the impression from the posts in this thread that something like that wouldn't be coming anytime soon if at all, so this would be a solution which is better than none. If cube actually is planning to or working on implementing a better solution, I don't want this but if they're not planning or working on adding a better solution, then this is what I would like to see.

Reactions: matcha

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Cross mapping on the hive is banable.
If someone sees what team I am and goes straight for my island its straight up annoying.

From what I know (due to it being difficult to add which is completely understandable) /nick will not be coming anytime soon.

Reactions: KitsuneToru

Cursedpug89

Sep 6, 2019
I'm not a big content creator and don't get targeted if at all but from what I hear from bigger creators. Especially when I watch cube videos they are getting Targeted by like 3 teams from across the map per game it's definitely a huge problem. If we aren't getting /nick then targeting should be banable maybe only have a select few like content creators and streamers be able to report this or something.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm not a big content creator and don't get targeted if at all but from what I hear from bigger creators. Especially when I watch cube videos they are getting Targeted by like 3 teams from across the map per game it's definitely a huge problem. If we aren't getting /nick then targeting should be banable maybe only have a select few like content creators and streamers be able to report this or something.
banning would be extremely unfair so thats a big nope. it would give creators an excuse to focus a team, because they are content creators, while they are still allowed to focus others. on top of that, its a tactic for a lot of people to focus a specific team, and some othes just help with it cuz it would make them a much easier target, especially when its a bigger threat. if a content creator or LB player forms a big threat, i can see why people would focus them

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
agreed, although I think it should be in multiple games not just 1.

I see it a lot like trolling, and by the trollings definition they are breaking the rules

1.5 - Trolling​

Trolling is defined as intentionally taking an action with the sole purpose of annoying, upsetting, or bullying another player. Trolling is strictly prohibited.

The bolded part is what I’m talking about. i allow stream sniping on my streams not so I can get targeted but play games with viewers. On one stream this on kid kept stream sniping in solos and ran across the map multiple times in an attempt to break my egg. He didn’t kill anyone next to his base at all. But went straight for me, which is annoying....

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
banning would be extremely unfair so thats a big nope. it would give creators an excuse to focus a team, because they are content creators, while they are still allowed to focus others. on top of that, its a tactic for a lot of people to focus a specific team, and some othes just help with it cuz it would make them a much easier target, especially when its a bigger threat. if a content creator or LB player forms a big threat, i can see why people would focus them
It’s not only content creators
See this post -> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/add-a-enemy-opposite-of-friend.274097/

So, it's basically /friend. Except it's for enemies.
The difference is you don't need someone to accept being your enemy, you can add anyone.

You can see when they're online, what game they're playing, and if you're in the same lobby you get a message in chat saying "Your Enemy [name] is in this game"

This means you can keep track of who kills you. Like, I know a few enemy's names (people who have killed me multiple times) and I always rush them and attack them immediately if I'm in the same game, but I can only remember a few usernames. If there was an in-game system to keep track of this that'd be great.

Basically a Minecraft hit list.

CallMeFortex

Novice Member
Mar 17, 2020
Czechia
Honestly, I don't see targeting as anything that bad. As a minerware player I'm used to targeting and getting targeted every game. I think that it's just a part of the game and that it should stay that way. Yes I agree it can be annoying sometimes, but banning targetters would spark controversies around what could actually be considered targeting. Honestly /nick would solve a lot of problems around this. That could be an actually good solution.

Reactions: InkAsriel

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
agreed, although I think it should be in multiple games not just 1.

I see it a lot like trolling, and by the trollings definition they are breaking the rules

1.5 - Trolling​

Trolling is defined as intentionally taking an action with the sole purpose of annoying, upsetting, or bullying another player. Trolling is strictly prohibited.

The bolded part is what I’m talking about. i allow stream sniping on my streams not so I can get targeted but play games with viewers. On one stream this on kid kept stream sniping in solos and ran across the map multiple times in an attempt to break my egg. He didn’t kill anyone next to his base at all. But went straight for me, which is annoying....
And it could come under the no harassment rule, especially since theyre literally ruining your game. A clip that I showed to the staff team, a member of them said it is borderline harassment.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Honestly, I don't see targeting as anything that bad. As a minerware player I'm used to targeting and getting targeted every game. I think that it's just a part of the game and that it should stay that way. Yes I agree it can be annoying sometimes, but banning targetters would spark controversies around what could actually be considered targeting. Honestly /nick would solve a lot of problems around this. That could be an actually good solution.
No offence but I feel like targetting on minerware and targetting on eggwars are completely different.
Thats like saying that you team on minerware (which is completely allowed) so you can team on eggwars (which is banable). Theres 0 comparison with a party game and a pvp game sorry.

But yes /nick would be the perfect fix but it doesnt exist.

CallMeFortex

Novice Member
Mar 17, 2020
Czechia
No offence but I feel like targetting on minerware and targetting on eggwars are completely different.
Thats like saying that you team on minerware (which is completely allowed) so you can team on eggwars (which is banable). Theres 0 comparison with a party game and a pvp game sorry.

But yes /nick would be the perfect fix but it doesnt exist.
I agree with this, targeting in eggwars is a way bigger issue tbh. Getting ganged up on by several teams is no fun. But I still don't think that banning people for this would be a good idea. Maybe warning would be good, but that's just about it. Targeting someone just cause they have an YT rank or cause you recognize them is bad. It might be a big issue for youtubers like you that's true, but otherwise it's not that significant to affect anything that much. If there are 2 sweaty teams in one game they will still naturally target each other no matter what.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I agree with this, targeting in eggwars is a way bigger issue tbh. Getting ganged up on by several teams is no fun. But I still don't think that banning people for this would be a good idea. Maybe warning would be good, but that's just about it. Targeting someone just cause they have an YT rank or cause you recognize them is bad. It might be a big issue for youtubers like you that's true, but otherwise it's not that significant to affect anything that much. If there are 2 sweaty teams in one game they will still naturally target each other no matter what.
Wasn't really meaning a ban, more a few warnings then if really consistently bad a bigger punishment.
I mean after all, it could come under "trolling" or "harassment" which are both banable.

All I need is nick and thats problem solved.

Reactions: CallMeFortex

Cursedpug89

Sep 6, 2019
it's not a problem when it happens like one or two games you play a day but when a content creator or LB legit can't play cubecraft any more because every game they have at least three teams targetting them it becomes unfair to the content creator and LB players that they can't play the game anymore. If they aren't getting /Nick something has to be done so they can actually play the game.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Mintypie231 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations on helper!!
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #42-
The real name of a hashtag is an octothorpe.
Sorry y'all, didn't have the capacity to find a good fact because I was sick.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Helloooo, no way the number one fact daily person are online!:D
299 more to 2 000... That is cool xD
Top Bottom