Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

McHobo

Dec 26, 2020
Hi!

I've started a skyblock game a few weeks ago and I've just gotten onto the main quest where you have to tame an ocelot. However im not able to. I'm holding a raw fish in my hand and let the ocelot come to me (I've tried doing this while crouching too) but there's no "tame" button that pops up. Can someone help me with this/ is this something a moderator can help me skip??

Thanks heaps!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201227-125910_Minecraft.jpg
    Screenshot_20201227-125910_Minecraft.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 343
Reactions: jasnyce

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! Since you said you’ve a raw fish and let the ocelot come to you, you’re doing the basic of taming an ocelet. However it doesn’t work, which means something is going wrong. At the picture it seems like your really close to the ocelot, which you do not have to be. I’ve tamed my ocelot by staying away with around 10 blocks, hold a raw fish, crouch and wait until the ocelot comes to you. When the ocelots comes closer, don’t run to it. Wait until the ocelot is next to you, so you can give the ocelot the raw fish.

For some more tips you can watch one of these videos:
-
-

McHobo

Dec 26, 2020
Hi! Since you said you’ve a raw fish and let the ocelot come to you, you’re doing the basic of taming an ocelet. However it doesn’t work, which means something is going wrong. At the picture it seems like your really close to the ocelot, which you do not have to be. I’ve tamed my ocelot by staying away with around 10 blocks, hold a raw fish, crouch and wait until the ocelot comes to you. When the ocelots comes closer, don’t run to it. Wait until the ocelot is next to you, so you can give the ocelot the raw fish.

For some more tips you can watch one of these videos:
-
-
Hi, thanks for your reply! I am doing all of the things you mentioned but I think it may be a problem/difference between java and bedrock edition since I am playing on my phone rather than my technique?

cioxcho

Novice Member
Nov 2, 2020
Place the spawner so they are trapped! This should make it much easier to stand and tame them :)

Reactions: McHobo

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi, thanks for your reply! I am doing all of the things you mentioned but I think it may be a problem/difference between java and bedrock edition since I am playing on my phone rather than my technique?
Hi! As far as I know there isn’t a difference between taming an ocelot on Java & Bedrock. I just tried to do it on Bedrock aswel (in a survival server, since I haven’t unlocked ocelots on Skyblock), but it worked exactly the same as on Java. I’ve recorded the way how I did, maybe that’ll help you out: video.

As you can see I was crouching the whole time and let the ocelot come to me and waited until a pop-up with ‘feed’ came on my screen. When this pop-up comes, you’re able to tame the ocelot. This will probably not be the first time when the ocelots comes to you, so give it multiple tries.

Reactions: McHobo

Am4er

Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2018
VA, USA
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi!

I've started a skyblock game a few weeks ago and I've just gotten onto the main quest where you have to tame an ocelot. However im not able to. I'm holding a raw fish in my hand and let the ocelot come to me (I've tried doing this while crouching too) but there's no "tame" button that pops up. Can someone help me with this/ is this something a moderator can help me skip??

Thanks heaps!
Hi, Since I have understood from you, You can try to affair the problem yourself, as I haven't played a lot of bedrock ( most of the time java) I think the moderators/staff team cannot help with that issue even though you're free to start a conversation with the staff members to discuss the issue with them.

McHobo

Dec 26, 2020
Hi! As far as I know there isn’t a difference between taming an ocelot on Java & Bedrock. I just tried to do it on Bedrock aswel (in a survival server, since I haven’t unlocked ocelots on Skyblock), but it worked exactly the same as on Java. I’ve recorded the way how I did, maybe that’ll help you out: video.

As you can see I was crouching the whole time and let the ocelot come to me and waited until a pop-up with ‘feed’ came on my screen. When this pop-up comes, you’re able to tame the ocelot. This will probably not be the first time when the ocelots comes to you, so give it multiple tries.
Thanks! I'll try it more like in your video

Reactions: ShinyArrow
Dec 12, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
For me the TYPE of fish made it easier. I think the easiest is the salmon but I can't remember. It was very fickle and overly difficult for sure. It also helped to kind of trap the ocelot in a corner.

jasnyce

Mar 27, 2021
- Game? Skyblock
- Title? Can’t tame ocelots, no tame button
- Version? 1.16
- How often does this bug occur? I’ve tried several times
- Description of the bug: I stand in front of the ocelot very still with raw fish in my hand and no tame button pop up on the screen
-Device: IOS

BesottedPotato

Novice Member
Oct 14, 2020
The Void
Please don't necropost

(Necroposting is posting in threads that have been inactive for 3+ Weeks)
- Game? Skyblock
- Version? 1.16
- Description of the bug: I stand in front of the ocelot very still with raw fish in my hand and no tame button pop up on the screen

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
- Game? Skyblock
- Version? 1.16
Hi this is not the section to report bugs.
-Locked due to necroposting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on adored_an5h's profile.
Happy Birthday
UncleSpect wrote on adored_an5h's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on ItzEnd3r's profile.
ItzEnder pro
BurgerCat13 wrote on ItzEnd3r's profile.
🐉
LukaG_ wrote on caraMel's profile.
💙
Top Bottom