Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Epicsaurus

Oct 19, 2019
So recently, as you all may know, Jeb has been making big changes to the combat; and he recently released an update to the combat test snapshot. I think it would be an enriching experience if Cubecraft were to partake in this new combat system and make a small FFA server where players can try out a new way to PvP.
Idk, what do you guys think?

Epicsaurus

Oct 19, 2019
Fully on board with this.
tenor.gif
yey

Mr Cryptic

Jun 29, 2019
It depend how simple you want it
If it is just a simple vanilla game with armour weapons and food and a basic map then sure
but if it is too complicated then i would rather not because i want the developers and builders to work on eggwars instead of spending time on 1.15 snapshot versions

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
So recently, as you all may know, Jeb has been making big changes to the combat; and he recently released an update to the combat test snapshot. I think it would be an enriching experience if Cubecraft were to partake in this new combat system and make a small FFA server where players can try out a new way to PvP.
Idk, what do you guys think?

Hell, I’d build a map and submit it just for this...

Reactions: Eli

Epicsaurus

Oct 19, 2019
WOAH, I honestly thought a bunch of people were gonna say no lol. Seems like people actually want this!

Epicsaurus

Oct 19, 2019
If it is just a simple vanilla game with armour weapons and food and a basic map then sure
but if it is too complicated then i would rather not because i want the developers and builders to work on eggwars instead of spending time on 1.15 snapshot versions
Yeah, I would imagine it as a quite simple FFA.

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
So you just want an FFA server where you can just join with the newest snapshot/version?
I don't know if that is really worth the effort CubeCraft has to put in it since I think only a few amounts of people will use it for a short amount of time, and if only 0-20 people use the server I don't think it's worth it to keep the server running for that few amounts of people. The same server could also be used for other games.

Epicsaurus

Oct 19, 2019
So you just want an FFA server where you can just join with the newest snapshot/version?
I don't know if that is really worth the effort CubeCraft has to put in it since I think only a few amounts of people will use it for a short amount of time, and if only 0-20 people use the server I don't think it's worth it to keep the server running for that few amounts of people. The same server could also be used for other games.
I mean, knowing that a bunch of people are for it, I don't think there will be 0-10 players
upload_2019-11-5_16-54-35.png

Besides, it wouldn't be hard to make... they just have to make a few kits and make a ffa arena. If the FFA server succeeds, then that says something.

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
I mean, knowing that a bunch of people are for it, I don't think there will be 0-10 players
.View attachment 156981
Besides, it wouldn't be hard to make... they just have to make a few kits and make a ffa arena. If the FFA server succeeds, then that says something.
8 people liked it... However, I didn't say that it's hard to make, I am just saying that a server costs money too and if that server is not going to be used frequently by a lot of players, they can also use that server for something else.

LoonyRules

Novice Member
Mar 12, 2017
England, United Kingdom
twitter.com
Not going to happen sadly, even if it is a good idea. It's just not feasible when it comes to time and effort to do something like this. Not only would we have to get the latest version of the combat 'snapshot', we'd have to customise the server jar to implement all of our current custom code, then update our entire codebase to then support that unreleased version of Minecraft of which won't have protocol documentation at all so that'd make it impossible. They could then make an update that'd then take another couple of days to support, etc, etc. It's literally just not worth it, hence why no one's doing this sort of thing... You're better off hosting it yourself and just letting people that request to join, join.

Reactions: Eli and Lezappen

barisart

Jun 13, 2019
they are continue focussing on eggwars, skywars, luckblock island. I think the other games needs attention too, because they are not spending ANY time for those games..

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

The Forums was super glitched out earlier xD
img_5358-png.230114

IMG_5359.png

img_5360-png.230116

A simple refresh and then everything was back to normal :)
Eli wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!!!
Tripleee wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thank you for everything!
Reesle wrote on Mimoune xb's profile.
Hey, it’s been a while! How are you doing? :)
Top Bottom