Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
My thought process behind this suggestion

The reason that both the Houses and Vanity Points systems failed was because the EULA prevented players from receiving gameplay benefits, and due to Minecraft's underwhelming quantity of equippable items, nobody cared what you were wearing anyways. The term "donator", the staff team were told, was discouraged because players weren't using the shop to support the server; they were doing it to buy a product. Thus, the term "customer" succeeded "donator". But what customers want, is a return on investment; they want bragging rights. Nobody is going to say "Hey nerd, my orange armour is rarer and more expensive than your yellow armour", because they look the same anyways and any normal person would've disabled players months ago. So how do you supply the desire that is bragging rights? Sure, people donate to Diamond or so for content, as they can vote for gamemode variants, but why do people vote for say, Iron or Lapiz? More often than not, it's for the coloured name and chat, and the prefix.

Introducing Custom Kill Dialogues! What's one thing that you do in every. single. minigame? You kill other peoples' virtual avatars, teabag their spectator head, and brag about how it was "ez" despite you being one hit away from dying yourself. Custom kill dialogues would provide a friendlier way to rub that salt in the wound, because most peoples' satisfaction comes not from winning, but seeing other people lose because of them. Admit it, you get excited whenever somebody rages at you or calls you a hacker for out-playing them. These options will make the player feel all that much greater when they win the game, because their name is highlighted and in colour, as is the player that "was no match" for them or "was sent to the Underworld" by them.

Will these dialogues make people even angrier when they die? It's hard to say, though I doubt it. Most of them will leave instantly, and won't even bother to read it because they know it's there and serves only to confirm that they were beaten. Besides as I said, it's simply a friendlier way to add salt in the wound. It's not insulting anybody, it's just changing the word 'kill' to something either funnier, more intimidating, or wackier.

Le suggestion

Introduce equippable kill dialogues in the 'Vanity' menu of the server, which will, as the name implies, change the dialogue that is distributed whenever you kill another player. For instance, 'Efcluke94 was killed by Exotic_Athena' could become 'Efcluke94 was no match for Exotic_Athena's wisdom', or 'Efcluke94 was annihilated by Exotic_Athena'. The latter two pack way more power than the former, and are things that I would personally pay for, only to make my kill-sprees against other players all that more satisfying. Below are a handful of potential dialogues. @Efcluke94 I hope you've got enough 1-up mushrooms, because I'll be using you as an example:

'Efcluke94 was no match for Exotic_Athena's wisdom'
'Efcluke94 was annihilated by Exotic_Athena'
'Efcluke94 was made to spectate by Exotic_Athena'
'Efcluke94 was sent to the Underworld by Exotic_Athena'
'Efcluke94 was defeated in combat by Exotic_Athena'
'Efcluke94 could not surpass Exotic_Athena's might'
'Can anybody defeat Exotic_Athena? Certainly not Efcluke94'
'Exotic_Athena was too great a foe for Efcuke94'
'Efcluke94 was no match for Exotic_Athena'

Le suggestion, part two

But why limit it only to the store? I don't mind the occasional Micro-transaction, but when content is being flat-out locked behind a paywall with no way to earn said content myself, mine feathers art ruffled. Here are a couple of ideas for unlockable dialogues. Remember, they have to be difficult to earn, else nobody will purchase the buyable ones. However, they still have to be realistically obtainable, assuming the player in question is willing to pour enough dedication into it. Below are a few ideas:

'Efcluke94 was iced by Exotic_Athena' - Legendary+ reward from cubelets during the Christmas season
'Exotic_Athena became Efcluke94's worst nightmare' - Legendary+ reward from cubelets during the Halloween season
'Efcluke94 was eggsecuted by Exotic_Athena' - Legendary+ reward from cubelets during the Easter season
'Efcluke94 could not triumph Exotic_Athena' - Level 100+ reward
'Efcluke94 was killed by the wealthy Exotic_Athena' - Purchase for 100,000 points

A few further thoughts

While they may not need to be coloured, they probably should be, because the colour makes it stand out. People want to be noticed for their abilities, so by not only changing the dialogue, but making it also stand out more, you're greater incentivising people to donate.

I reckon that $4 or so per dialogue would be a reasonable price to pay. I would probably buy one myself, most likely the Underworld one, because unlike almost all other cosmetics on the server, this is one that will actually be acknowledged by other players.

Thnx for reading, and sorry for ruining your KD ratio, Efcluke :/

Around the world around the world, around the world around the world, around the world around the world, around the world around the world, around the world around the world, around the world around the world
(I'm listening to Daft Punk).

Edit: Sadly, you cannot write your own kill dialogues. That would be total chaos O_O

Last edited:

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
My thought process behind this suggestion

The reason that both the Houses and Vanity Points systems failed was because the EULA prevented players from receiving gameplay benefits, and due to Minecraft's underwhelming quantity of equippable items, nobody cared what you were wearing anyways. The term "donator", the staff team were told, was discouraged because players weren't using the shop to support the server; they were doing it to buy a product. Thus, the term "customer" succeeded "donator". But what customers want, is a return on investment; they want bragging rights. Nobody is going to say "Hey nerd, my orange armour is rarer and more expensive than your yellow armour", because they look the same anyways and any normal person would've disabled players months ago. So how do you supply the desire that is bragging rights? Sure, people donate to Diamond or so for content, as they can vote for gamemode variants, but why do people vote for say, Iron or Lapiz? More often than not, it's for the coloured name and chat, and the prefix.

Introducing Custom Kill Dialogues! What's one thing that you do in every. single. minigame? You kill other peoples' virtual avatars, teabag their spectator head, and brag about how it was "ez" despite you being one hit away from dying yourself. Custom kill dialogues would provide a friendlier way to rub that salt in the wound, because most peoples' satisfaction comes not from winning, but seeing other people lose because of them. Admit it, you get excited whenever somebody rages at you or calls you a hacker for out-playing them. These options will make the player feel all that much greater when they win the game, because their name is highlighted and in colour, as is the player that "was no match" for them or "was sent to the Underworld" by them.

Will these dialogues make people even angrier when they die? It's hard to say, though I doubt it. Most of them will leave instantly, and won't even bother to read it because they know it's there and serves only to confirm that they were beaten. Besides as I said, it's simply a friendlier way to add salt in the wound. It's not insulting anybody, it's just changing the word 'kill' to something either funnier, more intimidating, or wackier.

Le suggestion

Introduce equippable kill dialogues in the 'Vanity' menu of the server, which will, as the name implies, change the dialogue that is distributed whenever you kill another player. For instance, 'Efcluke94 was killed by Exotic_Athena' could become 'Efcluke94 was no match for Exotic_Athena's wisdom', or 'Efcluke94 was annihilated by Exotic_Athena'. The latter two pack way more power than the former, and are things that I would personally pay for, only to make my kill-sprees against other players all that more satisfying. Below are a handful of potential dialogues. @Efcluke94 I hope you've got enough 1-up mushrooms, because I'll be using you as an example:

Le suggestion, part two

But why limit it only to the store? I don't mind the occasional Micro-transaction, but when content is being flat-out locked behind a paywall with no way to earn said content myself, mine feathers art ruffled. Here are a couple of ideas for unlockable dialogues. Remember, they have to be difficult to earn, else nobody will purchase the buyable ones. However, they still have to be realistically obtainable, assuming the player in question is willing to pour enough dedication into it. Below are a few ideas:

'Efcluke94 was iced by Exotic_Athena' - Legendary+ reward from cubelets during the Christmas season
'Exotic_Athena became Efcluke94's worst nightmare' - Legendary+ reward from cubelets during the Halloween season
'Efcluke94 was eggsecuted by Exotic_Athena' - Legendary+ reward from cubelets during the Easter season
'Efcluke94 could not triumph Exotic_Athena' - Level 100+ reward
'Efcluke94 was killed by the wealthy Exotic_Athena' - Purchase for 100,000 points

A few further thoughts

While they may not need to be coloured, they probably should be, because the colour makes it stand out. People want to be noticed for their abilities, so by not only changing the dialogue, but making it also stand out more, you're greater incentivising people to donate.

I reckon that $4 or so per dialogue would be a reasonable price to pay. I would probably buy one myself, most likely the Underworld one, because unlike almost all other cosmetics on the server, this is one that will actually be acknowledged by other players.

Thnx for reading, and sorry for ruining your KD ratio, Efcluke :/

Around the world around the world, around the world around the world, around the world around the world, around the world around the world, around the world around the world, around the world around the world
(I'm listening to Daft Punk).
This would be so fun! I do have one question, can you write your own? That'd be fun to have ''Exotic_Athena was crushed by the TriangleAttack.''
If custom messages were allowed, there could be people using offensive words or actions in their messages.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
This would be so fun! I do have one question, can you write your own? That'd be fun to have ''Exotic_Athena was crushed by the TriangleAttack.''
If custom messages were allowed, there could be people using offensive words or actions in their messages.
If you could write your own, you could impersonate one of the better lines from the store, or one of the difficult-to-unlock ones. Also yeah, inappropriate language would also be a big issue. Perhaps you could be able to customise the colour of it to your liking though, selecting which colour you'd like for each word.

Reactions: TriangleAttack

Rob_the_Giraffe

Novice Member
Mar 2, 2017
https://reports.cubecraft.net/report
This seems really cool but I think that this could be added only if there were a set list of special kill phrases. I am only saying it like this because this could be abused because you could say something inappropriate in the kill message which only promotes toxicity. Other than that the custom colors and custom kill phrases would be a fun addition to cubecraft. To get rid of potential people abusing this I think that there should be a filter to where you can't say anything that would be deemed inappropriate.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
Efcluke has to be hurting after this.

I know you kinda already know my opinion on the general idea but I have to say that I love the thread xD It's really good.

I think that this would be a good idea, but it is kind of copying Hypixel.
And no :3 As far as I know hypixel doesn't have this, we're safe I think :p (Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't play on there that much)
Edit: ^^ my hypixel knowledge is lacking, ignore the second bit because I'm wrong xD

Last edited:
A

A pigeon

xLynel got absolutely rekt because he is scum and was sent to live in hell and die because he is ez nub by xRoguex

I support the thread

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
This seems really cool but I think that this could be added only if there were a set list of special kill phrases. I am only saying it like this because this could be abused because you could say something inappropriate in the kill message which only promotes toxicity. Other than that the custom colors and custom kill phrases would be a fun addition to cubecraft. To get rid of potential people abusing this I think that there should be a filter to where you can't say anything that would be deemed inappropriate.
Did you comment before reading the thread?

Reactions: HackersDontWin

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
If that's a problem, then it shouldn't be. Something would always have been done before you, so if Cubecraft wants to be "original" then we'll never see an update again :'c

(P.S. Let's not pretend that Hypixie didn't copy Skywars & Eggwars from us)

Love it! If this is added, it would definitely be a goal for me to get! :)
Yes! Imagine how long people would play around the holidays to get that bootiful Christmas dialogue :hearteyes:

What are they going to do? Copy blockband?
I think we should just give them Blockband to be honest.

Efcluke has to be hurting after this.
:(

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands

I wonder if theres a specific reason for choosing efcluke for this example lol

I like this idea it be cool to havemessages oriented in your play style

Reactions: Sophie

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Another great vanity update suggestion which, once again, shows how desperately we want a vanity update.

I've seen some talks about custom death messages coming to cube before and I'm all in. As stated in the thread it will give more satisfaction to the surviving player to see his victim A. die and B. receive a death message you've picked out yourself.

Great thread lay-out and nicely explained.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Top Bottom