Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
hello,
I am here to suggest a spectator mode for PVP specifically FFA and Assasinations. The reason I am suggesting this is because of the amount of hackers and when you do see a hacker its just luck wether you were recording or not.

What am i suggesting:
I am suggesting an npc for spectator mode just like the shop example:
assasinations example 2.png

assasinations - example spectator.png

FFA - example for spectator.png

in this lobby i suggest that somewhere there will be an npc for spectating when you click this npc you will go into spectator mode which would be like any other gamemode. example:
the player spectating - Copy.png

when you want to come out of spectator mode and have recorded the hacker or rule break you simply get put back into the game lobby as if looking at cameras in among slimes.

In conclusion my suggestion is to add spectating to Assasinations and FFA, this will clean up the game of hacker ( especially assasinations ). I see no downsides to this as cubecraft should always try and find the best possible way of letting members report. And i find, in other gamemodes that when im not recording the spectating mode is excellent. i hope this will be added.

Thanks for reading.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
Even though the report system is a great feature for members, it’s not our responsibility. We shouldn’t add spectator mode for the pvp game modes.

People are probably gonna fly around for no reason and you’ll have no one to fight against.
it is not exactly a responsibility but we are the people who actually report the hackers the mods just handle the report. So i do think it would be much easier to use spectator mode

who would just fly around for no reason? you could also say we should remove the lobbies becuase people could just sit there doing nothing

Reactions: Quis

Floerkleed

Novice Member
May 26, 2020
Hagrid's Hut
It's not our job to take care of rule-breakers. Staff or Sentinel can take care of this, as this is their job.

People are probably gonna fly around for no reason and you’ll have no one to fight against.

I'm afraid that is going to happen if this gets implemented and so I'm not a fan of your suggestion.

If you really want to report hackers in FFA or Assassinations, you could just respawn, record and face the hacker again.

Reactions: Anneum

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
it is not exactly a responsibility but we are the people who actually report the hackers the mods just handle the report. So i do think it would be much easier to use spectator mode
I understand, but you could just use a program that records on the background or use a option where you can play back for 5 minutes or something. That way you won’t have to worry about recording someone.

who would just fly around for no reason? you could also say we should remove the lobbies becuase people could just sit there doing nothing
There amount of players for these game modes will stay the same. This means there will be less players in one map to fight against. Lobby’s don’t really matter.

• Agree
Reactions: Floerkleed

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
It's not our job to take care of rule-breakers. Staff or Sentinel can take care of this, as this is their job.

I'm afraid that is going to happen if this gets implemented and so I'm not a fan of your suggestion.

If you really want to report hackers in FFA or Assassinations, you could just respawn, record and face the hacker again.
i never siad we can straight up ban people i just siad this can be an easier more efficient way to report people who ruin the game

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
If you play on a Windows device, there is a thing called xbox gamebar (or something like that). This will let you record you gameplay without any extra software. The handy thing about it, is that you can record the past 30 second (or more if you want!) with the press of a few buttons. So this feature would mot be really necessary.

Floerkleed

Novice Member
May 26, 2020
Hagrid's Hut
i never siad we can straight up ban people i just siad this can be an easier more efficient way to report people who ruin the game
I never said that members can straight up ban people, I'm just saying that it's not our responsibility to report people.

• Agree

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I never said that members can straight up ban people, I'm just saying that it's not our responsibility to report people.
if no members reported people cubecraft would be chaos, staff simply cant do it all. we are the people who report the hackers, to make it easier and more efficient i believe this is a good suggestion.

Floerkleed

Novice Member
May 26, 2020
Hagrid's Hut
if no members reported people cubecraft would be chaos, staff simply cant do it all. we are the people who report the hackers, to make it easier and more efficient i believe this is a good suggestion.
Of course the staff-team needs help, but we really don't need a spectator mode. As I said before, it's not our job to take care of rule-breakers and therefore, we must not encourage this.

I suggest downloading a program that records on the background and this way, you won't need a spectator mode. There are a lot of players on the network who do this and maybe that's a solution for your problem. :)

• Agree
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom