Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Elixqrss

Jan 12, 2022
Maybe after you kill someone, when someone else attacked before you should get the kill but the other player gets some xp for an assist, and for the regen maybe after you kill someone you gain regen 1, or 2 for 20-30 seconds so if its a ranked player for example you dont get insta killed when they respawn, you actually have a chance to fight back. Maybe also add spawn protection so you dont instantly get combod when you spawn and are not able to fight back.

GamingforGod

Jun 25, 2020
Earth. I think-
www.youtube.com
Maybe after you kill someone, when someone else attacked before you should get the kill but the other player gets some xp for an assist, and for the regen maybe after you kill someone you gain regen 1, or 2 for 20-30 seconds so if its a ranked player for example you dont get insta killed when they respawn, you actually have a chance to fight back. Maybe also add spawn protection so you dont instantly get combod when you spawn and are not able to fight back.
yea it's pretty annoying to spawn in and then instantly get destroyed lol

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
No for regen.

As an archer main, this penalizes us more than helps as we now have to shoot more arrows just to kill targets. It also means wizard becomes more OP since it wouldn't need a regen potion after scoring a kill (thus the only 2 potions you'd really need restocked at all times are strength and speed), provided that it makes kills quickly while the regen buff keeps getting refreshed.

A lot of people primarily play beast and warrior, and I believe this is why so many people have suggested regen on kill. You may get no regen, but those kits have a lower skill floor and ceiling compared to the other kits. If you're taking too much damage, you're at fault for not picking your fights carefully.

If you get spawn in and get camped out, it's your fault for taking that spawn location; it's better to change your spawn location at that point. More importantly, these respawn points should be removed precisely to avoid spawn camping.

Elixqrss

Jan 12, 2022
No for regen.

As an archer main, this penalizes us more than helps as we now have to shoot more arrows just to kill targets. It also means wizard becomes more OP since it wouldn't need a regen potion after scoring a kill (thus the only 2 potions you'd really need restocked at all times are strength and speed), provided that it makes kills quickly while the regen buff keeps getting refreshed.

A lot of people primarily play beast and warrior, and I believe this is why so many people have suggested regen on kill. You may get no regen, but those kits have a lower skill floor and ceiling compared to the other kits. If you're taking too much damage, you're at fault for not picking your fights carefully.

If you get spawn in and get camped out, it's your fault for taking that spawn location; it's better to change your spawn location at that point. More importantly, these respawn points should be removed precisely to avoid spawn camping.
wizards normally dont run out of regen, and if they do and then kjill someone they will gain a potion anyway so this wouldnt change it much, and also its annoying to get teamed on when you spawn or get farmed, because even if i change location i can still be targeted.

Wulfiee

Novice Member
Sep 1, 2020
Suggest you check out this post about the regeneration system (got forwarded) and I don't think that having kill assist is a good idea, just gonna make it messy imo.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
wizards normally dont run out of regen, and if they do and then kjill someone they will gain a potion anyway so this wouldnt change it much
That's exactly what I mean. If regen is added then there's hardly a reason to have wizards ever use regen pots after securing the first kill. When they get a potion, they get a potion if and only if they have not reached the caps for each pot (caps are 3 speed, 2 regen, 1 strength, 1 poison, 2 health, and 3 harming, for a total of 12 potions). Because of this, you can control to some extent what potions you want to receive when you score kills.

Typically they always drink strength, speed, and regen throughout; however, add the regen feature in and this becomes only 2 pots that need to be consumed at all times since regen will be active between kills.

and also its annoying to get teamed on when you spawn or get farmed, because even if i change location i can still be targeted.

If you're getting teamed on, it's your fault for getting in that mess in the first place. Melee kits are notorious for having high single-target damage output but have terrible output against teams. Archer and wizard are better against teams for their range and potions respectively. I addressed that concern in my post here (same post that Wulfiee referenced). Kill the teamers and show them who's boss so that they quit targeting you. That forwarded suggestion is not a good idea either for archers -- since their arrows do not trigger combat, that means the target will constantly have regen until the target enters melee combat.

If you're picking the same location every time, it becomes very predictable. You can use random spawn instead of the fixed spawns that the FFA rank provides. If you change location, you have time to move elsewhere (do not move to the same spot you were previously in) as they'll now have to track you again.

EDIT: Cleaning.

Last edited:

Elixqrss

Jan 12, 2022
That's exactly what I mean. If regen is added then there's hardly a reason to have wizards ever use regen pots after securing the first kill. When they get a potion, they get a potion if and only if they have not reached the caps for each pot (caps are 3 speed, 2 regen, 1 strength, 1 poison, 2 health, and 3 harming, for a total of 12 potions). Because of this, you can control to some extent what potions you want to receive when you score kills.

Typically they always drink strength, speed, and regen throughout; however, add the regen feature in and this becomes only 2 pots that need to be consumed at all times since regen will be active between kills.

If you're getting teamed on, it's your fault for getting in that mess in the first place. Melee kits are notorious for having high single-target damage output but have terrible output against teams. Archer and wizard are better against teams for their range and potions respectively. I addressed that concern in my post here (same post that Wulfiee referenced). Kill the teamers and show them who's boss so that they quit targeting you. That forwarded suggestion is not a good idea either for archers -- since their arrows do not trigger combat, that means the target will constantly have regen until the target enters melee combat.

If you're picking the same location every time, it becomes very predictable. You can use random spawn instead of the fixed spawns that the FFA rank provides. If you change location, you have time to move elsewhere (do not move to the same spot you were previously in) as they'll now have to track you again.

EDIT: Cleaning.
Thats true, i just saw wulfiee's post about this and i think his is more balanced than mine, I still think assists would be good though, also cubecraft could easily make arrows give combat since potions give combat tag im pretty sure.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Thats true, i just saw wulfiee's post about this and i think his is more balanced than mine, I still think assists would be good though, also cubecraft could easily make arrows give combat since potions give combat tag im pretty sure.
Arrows should tag the player in combat. I agree with this.

Here's some questions for your consideration.
  • Why do assists not count in FFA?
  • What happens if you have multiple injured teammates who all attack the same person?
    • What about friendly fire?
  • What about fall damage? For example, you want to make a risky jump from the edges in the Kingdom map down to the floor.
  • What about taking on teams when you're alone?

Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #38-
A book called 'A la recherche du temps perdu' by Marcel Proust contains an estimated 9,609,000 characters, making it the longest book in the world. The title translates to "Remembrance of Things Past".
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
You are so close to 400!:D
ToonBer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713270171790.png
ToonBer wrote on Capitan's profile.
1713269798868.png
ToonBer wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
hello there 🍰
Top Bottom