Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is inferno overpowered while being super cheap ?

• Total voters

Bcknapo22

Aug 25, 2019
Hi. First of all sorry if I do any grammar mistakes because of my english. So I have been playing on CubeCraft for about 3 years with my other account (that got stolen) and most of the time Im playing Tower Defense. So Im going to share some of my thoughts. If I act offensive, Im sorry.

- Maps :

Maps on CubeCraft are quite cool. My only complain is that NONE is being added for a long time and it is getting boring. And there is just a single detail at ''Demons'' map that Im assuming builders forgot to remove the temporary blocks. It doesn't break anything in-game expect for looking annoying.
2019-08-25_17.19.40.png

- Balance :

Well well... So :

- Wither Skeletons are being used a lot because they are cheap and strong.

- Creepers are useless. They are much more expensive than skeletons and still can be cleared out with a few of Inferno AOE.

- From what I heard from old players, giants were overpowered with their hp and then got nerfed, Now they are useless and also can be cleared out with some inferno AOE potions. Max level giants can survive for a pretty long time but they are so expensive. And people would go for max slimes instead. They are much cheaper and still effective for a hard push.

- I could never understand why witches are damaged by inferno AOE. But otherwise they would be so overpowered with high level skeletons or magma cubes.

- Silverfishes are useless because they can be taken out quickly. Blazes sound better even though its more expensive.

- Inferno AOE is pretty powerful against most of the troops in TD while its being super cheap. Meteor AOE deals less damage and it is %325 more expensive. I know that if you remove Inferno AOE, the game will become unfair. Still it can deal massive damage in a short time to kill enemy troops fastly. So in my opinion it needs a nerf. First I thought of a ''Fire Resistance'' potion but that wouldn't leave any meaning for Inferno AOE in the game. Invisible spider's would be almost invincible with it. They would be only damaged from Lv. 4 Ice Tower , Sword/Bow and defensive AOE potions that doesn't have fire effect. Well 3 of these possibilites seemed to be support instead of the main damage. Players that doesn't have a path for ice tower would lose against it etc. So it is not a solution.

Suggestions :

- Creeper troop SERIOUSLY needs a rework. Or nerfing inferno AOE somehow would help it to be better. Maybe cheaper upgrades would fix it ? I have no idea but I would love to see creeper actually being a good choice for offense. Who would go for it while a cheaper/ more effective option is there anyways ? (Wither Skeletons)

- Nerf Inferno AOE. But if you do that, you will also need to nerf withces. When there is no inferno AOE, witch troop will be so over-powered.

- Give it a try and nerf skeletons, this will lead players to using other troops that are not being used so oftenly.

- Towers :

I always liked the towers of CubeCraft. Quite creative and fun to watch them working. So anyways. I don't have that much complain about tower upgrades etc.

- One of the updates I would love to see is upgrading a tower 1 to 3 or 4 with a single click instead of 1 to 2, 2 to 3 ... This will I believe make less lag and less noises. Anvil being used soundline can get annoying if you are going to build a lot of towers and upgrade them. This idea would work the best for double-income pricing.

- Players thats new to Tower Defence doesn't know which tower is 5x5 or 3x3. Or they can just place towers wrong that 1 tower actually takes place of 4 towers. You can fix it pretty easily and I believe it wouldn't cause any glitches (hopefully). Maybe you can add a description on a tower if it is 3x3 or 5x5. So in different situations, experienced players might decide to put a 5x5 tower on 4 different 3x3 tiles. You can add a small text on chat that tells player that it is placed wrongly.

- Bringing back a voting system for kick. But a voting system for removing a tower would be better. (Maybe)

That is everything from me.

Last edited:

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
You mixed under rated and overrated. Everytime you mean, I guess, overrated or underrated, you wrote down the opposite. Aside from that, I agree with you.

shanewolf38

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2018
Agree with everything except bringing back vote kick. Inferno should do less damage and not give any money from troop kills (including all other damage potions). This will make it less powerful and stop people from spamming it at the start for money. Creepers need a huge buff indeed, even with an inferno nerf. To make them different from skeletons, maybe quake immunity and a buff to their regeneration. Great idea for upgrading the towers, I've always wanted that.

Reactions: Bcknapo22
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Today starts Giro d'Italia one of the biggest cycling races in the world and who do you think will win the general classification after 21 days of cycling?
BicolourSine41 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🎉🎉 (Sorry that i am so late cause i was on vacation to Spain and did not take my pc)
Reesle wrote on dave12555's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! If you require assistance with something, feel free to reach out to me or a staff member for help! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Top Bottom