Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
@FarisQ / ArmedSuperBoy posted this video on youtube which brought me up to this idea:

As you can see it’s quite hard to distinguish between different colours when using a simulated colourblindness mod.

There have already been a few previous suggestions regarding this topic:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/color-blind-setting.181914

However, they are either aesthetically unpleasant or take a lot of time to implement.

I would like to suggest a basic map (vanilla generated), with the colour of each island written on it for the prize of 1 iron.

If this isnt possible in Java, it will at least be a solution to the problem in Bedrock.

It isn’t an ideal solution, but I think quite a simple one. The map is naturally generated, you only have to type the colours of the island on it. It can be really basic, as long as it is functional. (Not sure how much time it takes to create, but it’ll be far less than replacing the colour with colour blind friendly ones or adding a new texture pack) For normal players it won’t be a hassle, since you just don’t buy the map. (In regard to signs on the map, which are aesthetically unpleasant)

For colour blind people, it will be of great help and will decrease the gap between them and other people.

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion.

I will tag @Story since he waited for new suggestions on these threads, which never really came. I hope this one is sufficient, aesthetically pleasant and easy to develop.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
@xAmazinq out of curiosity why do you disagree?

I don't really think it's a very serious problem as colorblind people can always see the tag of the people and recognize which team they are from and also in the egg there is a title indicating the color (only Bedrock).
In addition, the colors, from what can be seen in the video, are not so badly appreciated. I don't see it as very important anyways and I don't think adding another title would be very useful in this case either.

Siza

Nov 11, 2018
First of all I want to state that everyone is allowed and supposed to enjoy the game like any other, colourblind or not. If its confusing for colourblind people to distinguish one colour from the other, I agree there should be a solution.
I also think there are more colourblind people than you would think, making this a pretty big problem for quite some players.

Though I'm not sure if this is the solution for this problem. Because, if I would be colourblind, I would either find or create a texture pack that has different colours, making it easier for me to recognize an enemy, eventhough they don't have the correct colour.
Also keep in mind that (atleast in Java) you can always press Tab to see names, showing you your enemies aswell.

I'm not against your idea, @komododragon2002 , but I would personally find a different way to adjust myself in order to play the game.

• Agree
Reactions: izzy <3 and Amazinq
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Evaluatiefout wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Top Bottom