Frysser

Dec 11, 2015
Venray, the Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
- Map name: Tree
- Creator(s) of map: LuemYT
- Description of map:
[EXTRA INFORMATION] There are 8 islands, so there are 8 players in the game. This took me a whole week to make. (With help of WoldEdit and WorldGuard)
[STARTER ISLAND] There are in total 2 chests on each island. 1 in the cave and 1 on the tree.
[MID] Inside the tree are 4 chests, 1 enchantment table and 4 anvils (And some TNT). In the leaves are also 4 to 5 chests. Around the tree at the bottom are 14 chests spreaded.
[TOTAL] That means that there are in total 38 chests.
[Mod, Admin, Developer or Designer, who ever choses it, if you to see it. DM me for IP in Discord. Luem#3832 ]

[PICTURES]

2020-06-13_23.57.52.png
2020-06-13_23.57.59.png
2020-06-13_23.58.06.png
2020-06-13_23.58.10.png
2020-06-13_23.58.18.png
2020-06-13_23.58.23.png
2020-06-13_23.58.33.png
2020-06-13_23.58.45.png
2020-06-13_23.58.53.png

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
First you need to add a poll, but after that if there was one i would vote no. First, there is already a map called trees in solo skywars. Second, solo skywars needs at least 10 players (or 16 for duos). Third and main reason, i dont mean to sound like a jerk but the middle tree is more of a mountain with a pile of leaves on top then a tree.
Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 3.46.20 PM.png
if you want to learn how to make more natural looking trees i would highly suggest checking out a youtuber called GeminiTay (i used to suck a tmaking trees but the tutorials have really helped)

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I think the map is too big. Especially at mid, and because of the big trees there are many places to camp. Also the hight differences on the starter island will make it annoying to pvp. So I will vote no, sorry.

Jun 3, 2020
I vote no because there is already two maps about trees and the tree in the mid is too big and not that pretty and those chests in the tree are not a good idea and the mid is way too big
Im not the best at building But you need to improve on trees its just that I dont want to see more maps about trees grass and stone added in skywars

Lecura

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Pronouns
They/Them
I don't know why, but it makes me think of a typical Hypixel map.. xD. Besides I think the mid is way to big for this amount of players. Also there is already a map based on trees in solo Skywars :)

Reactions: Dona SwiftKey 1
D

Deleted member 294498

The Stripped Oak logs aren't possible since the maps are 1.8+
and stripped logs were added in the future versions of the game

Anyways, It's a great start for your first map.
Practice more and it will get better! ;)

Reactions: JDgamers

Colleeee

Jan 31, 2020
The backyard.
Hey there!

First of all it looks good!
But there are some issues it shouldn't be able to get added.
The tree is a really easy hiding spot and it's such annoying to clim up there if the person has a bow, also the mid island is to big in my opinion.
Last issue Is I don't think solo skywars has any 8 player maps.
But I like the build tho!
Thanks for taking your time to build it!

Have a nice day! :D

Vict0r

Jun 5, 2020
Hello,

I would vote "No". I do not think that the map is good for pvping.
At the center, I would be able to fight in that log.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
I like the map, but I think it's not fit to add this map into SkyWars. First of all, it's 8 players, that's not enough I believe to add a skywars map. I think it atleast need 12 players. So make more islands to 12-16 or maybe 24.

It's also really close to the middle, it's true that you don't have a really long time to build to the middle. That's good, but not in a map like this, and with that, I mean you need to add little mini-middles. If you have 12 players it's may be handy to do the island like a triange. And in the middle a little mini-middle. If you're there, you can build to the real big middle. So you may keep this in mind. 12 players so you can make a triange group with a mini-middle and than they can build to the big middle.

Next, the big middle, it's really really big. I like the middle lay out and everything, but it's way too big. I think it's big for 12 players as well. And maybe you need to remove some leaves and the tree is too big.

I'm not the best builder and I don't know all the rules and all you need to do in a map but I know this. I think if you re-create the map, the map maybe will go into a acceptance.

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
a few things:
1. you can only use 1.9 and below blocks, so you can't use stripped logs
2. it is just a boring circle
3. every player needs at least 3 chests on the starter island
4. there is way to many hight difference, that is annoying when pvp'ing
5. you need a minimum of 10 players in solo
6. you can't make a map in the same subject as another map in the same gamemode.
next time you make a map, read this first: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/keep-this-in-mind-when-building-a-map.223640/ it prevents making all those mistakes.

about the map itself: the middle tree isn't that nice, it looks more like a trunk with leaves.
if you try to pout the leaves on the tree, don't make it to dance, it doesn't look nice. if you use worldedit use: something about 50%minecraft:air,50%(...)leaves or even 80% air, play with it.

Reactions: Rawrbin

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
a few things:
6. you can't make a map in the same subject as another map in the same gamemode.
next time you make a map, read this first: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/keep-this-in-mind-when-building-a-map.223640/ it prevents making all those mistakes.

about the map itself: the middle tree isn't that nice, it looks more like a trunk with leaves.
if you try to pout the leaves on the tree, don't make it to dance, it doesn't look nice. if you use worldedit use: something about 50%minecraft:air,50%(...)leaves or even 80% air, play with it.
Not 1.9, 1.8 and above only

Rachelll

May 7, 2020
I voted no,

Here are a couple reasons why:
-The tree in mid isn’t well made, try to make it “more realistic” cause almost whole mid is covered with the tree trunk.
-The fact that the map only requires 8 players with a mid THAT big isn’t really what you would expect? If that makes sense, mainly because even a 24 player map doesn’t have a mid that big. For example Bones, bamboo, end or rainbow. The mid in those maps in comparison with this map is way smaller while its a 24 player map.

-[TIPS:]

*Try to add more detail, use several blocks so it makes it “more realistic” :)
*Add islands in between, so that people can go to mid faster. Also when u build to mid you can clutch on that island when shot off.
*To make a better contrast, try adding more islands and make mid a little smaller!
*Try to make the tree smaller cause of the fact that whole mid is covered with tree trunks!
*Think of the gameplay, ‘Are you able to pvp while mid is covered with wood logs?’,
‘Is it easy to camp in this map?’.

Kind regards,

Rachel , {Serenify}

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
a few things:
Not 1.9, 1.8 and above only
you can make maps with the 1.9 blocks, those just can't come in the 1.8 version

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
Ok so I love the starter trees. The islands look great and stuff. But the big tree at middle looks very odd to me. The tree is unbalanced. The trunk is too big or the leaves is too small. Either make it spread out and have more branches or make the trunk small to make it look more evened out. I'm going to vote no due to the lack of detail in the big tree, you can easily tell world edit has been used and /br sphere command (if thats what you used).

Members Online

Latest profile posts

good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on llvqs's profile.
Thank you for the follow! Also have a good redt of your day/night today!:D
I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Top Bottom