Not open for further replies.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Welcome to the jungle! I haven't been lion around. I have yet another submission. I have been seeing lot's of nice submissions, but toucan play at that game! I preset Jungle!

Map Name: Jungle

-Creator(s): @_The13thDoctor_ and @Yoya

- Description of map:
-Solo (12 Total Players)
-Every Starting Island Has: 2 Iron Gens (Level 2 and Broken), 1 Gold Gen (Level 1), 1 Diamond Gen (Broken).
-Half Mid has: 2 Gold Gens Level 2
-Mid has 4 Diamond Gens (Level 2) and 4 Iron Gens (Level 3)

Jungle is quite a different map to your average solo map, you start on an island with huts and trees, you'll find there is a lot of room and the generators are close and easy to access. Going to the half mid you'll find a nice staircase to use to get to the 2 gold gens waiting for you. Then you can travel across the fallen tree to middle, but be warned, players must have enough blocks to return for this is no natural bridge back. In middle you will find all the iron you want and plenty of diamonds, middle is a doughnut shape providing a unique way to navigate, PVP, and collect resources fairly.

Everyone's feedback is very much appreciated! Good or bad I'd like to hear it! Please, however, vote based on how much you like the map gameplay and style-wise, keep in mind this is going to be a map for everyone so don't vote if you want to be a troll or you don't like me.

and https://imgur.com/a/W3ej1UY

Special Thanks:
FrostBurnMC for helping create the trees used in the map
@Unstrafeless for inspiration to make a Jungle Map
Whoever made the Jungle Speed Solo Map as it was also part of my inspiration.

Where does the Lion like to climb? The Jungle Gym!

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
Hey, so I wasn't completely sure about this map. For that reason I asked some other Designers for to vote and the majority voted for no. I also asked them to give some critisism.

Robbedz:
the map is really good looking, great painting, style, ect. when i saw it first time i liked it and the things i had to point out were too few so i didn't give any feedback bc im too lazy anyways, what i had to say was: i'm not an eggwars player but to me the starter islands seem a bit too big for a solo map and idk if that can be changed because there's already a jungle team eggwars map so so
also, every side of the map has 3 islands and one of them has the egg closer to the mid than the rest so i think that might mess up gameplay a bit, i would flip the island to mirror to with the front one. aand, there's that tall stone structure i don't really like. this may be a personal opinion, to me it's not really good looking and doesnt go with the style of the islands and the theme.

Unstrafeless:
Cons; The trees dont really look like jungle trees, The tower looks a bit odd, The path on the starter island looks messy, Some houses only have a 1 way entrance (bad for pvp, because you can be trapped), I think the end of the fallen tree is bad for pvp, Am not fan of the mossy stone.
Pros; The shape of the starter island looks good, I like the trees in the center, Mid island looks good, The center island also looks good.

If you improve your map on those points I'll take another looks at it and make a decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Robbedz:
the map is really good looking, great painting, style, ect. when i saw it first time i liked it and the things i had to point out were too few so i didn't give any feedback bc im too lazy anyways, what i had to say was: i'm not an eggwars player but to me the starter islands seem a bit too big for a solo map and idk if that can be changed because there's already a jungle team eggwars map so so
also, every side of the map has 3 islands and one of them has the egg closer to the mid than the rest so i think that might fuck gameplay a bit, i would flip the island to mirror to with the front one. aand, there's that tall stone structure i don't really like. this may be a personal opinion, to me it's not really good looking and doesnt go with the style of the islands and the theme.

The islands were made bigger or slightly more big to give room for PvP as I put lots of decoration in and if you're on the island yourself you will find it is just enough space for a map. I feel many maps currently are too small that seem normal. I can shrink it a bit however, I will fix those islands to mirror-like you suggested. Stone structure had inspiration from an old jungle map that existed for solo egg wars and I feel like it kinda fits with the theme. Adds mystery to it. I could remove it but then it'd feel a bit dull in my opinion.

Unstrafeless:
Cons; The trees dont really look like jungle trees, The tower looks a bit odd, The path on the starter island looks messy, Some houses only have a 1 way entrance (bad for pvp, because you can be trapped), I think the end of the fallen tree is bad for pvp, Am not fan of the mossy stone.
Pros; The shape of the starter island looks good, I like the trees in the center, Mid island looks good, The center island also looks good.

How so, and how would you build a jungle tree then? Yea, I can fix the path and make it a bit less messy but the idea is that it is an old path and is not just some pathway blocks but the dirt has been kicked up before and moved around and the ground its self has seen better days. I made it so it's impossible to block people in with some fancy blocks. The player also spawns near that areas so whether it's protected by player spawn or whatever it's still possible to leave. Mossy stone is like vines growing like a jungle is typically overrun with vines.

If you improve your map on those points I'll take another looks at it and make a decision.[/QUOTE]

I will improve the island and have an update for you soon.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
LEmtyFV.png

trein6m.png

Kzh50Qu.png

The map has been updated:

-Visable, and invisible blocks are placed to prevent player from becoming trapped in house
-Stone Structures removed and replaced with rock
-Path has been cleared
-Eggs no longer face middle

These are all the major issues that were addressed before.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I have seen this map before and I had voted for yes, although I'd like to point out I do think the starter islands are way too big for a solo game mode

Reactions: RickDeKlomp

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I have seen this map before and I had voted for yes, although I'd like to point out I do think the starter islands are way too big for a solo game mode

I actually tested this out as I thought it was true but to account for all the structures it has JUST enough space to PVP. It's cutting it a little close considering some of the obstacles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I knew it! Congratulations
W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Top Bottom