• No for a different reason

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello fellow Slime Survival players, it's me again, Powerofbeds, with another thread!
To start off with, here are the links to my other threads:
15 ways to get better at slime survival
Tips for using powerups in Snowman Survival
Tips for using powerups in Slime Survival (extra details and the slime survival exclusive powerups like slime puncher)
Tips for evading slime-hitting powerups
Basics and map-specific tips
How to read minds

Over the huge amount of time I've been playing snowman survival and specifically slime survival, I've noticed a lot of things that help you and your team a lot but the amount of people that use them is tiny. I see at least two techniques every game that almost no one uses that people neglect to use for the last 300 or so games, once for at least 1,500, and occasionally before that. I will admit, I've played about 3.5k games (snowman survival included), which means I've only started to see a lot of them half the amount of games ago, but now I'm seeing even more when I look back to my first games.

Don't show your powerups!
This one is super simple. All you need to do is scroll one hotbar slot away from your item, then switch back to it when you want to use it. This way, slimes can't see what you have. If they can see, they know they need to keep your distance when you have a frost sword, dodge slightly to the side when you have a slime puncher, avoid stepping on the slime trap, etc. The secondary advantage is your shield will last longer for when no slimes are nearby. You can do this as a slime, too. Simply do the same (select a different hotbar slot) and switch to the slime ball when you want to use it. By not showing it, people think you don't have it. If they know you well, they can't tell if you have it or not. Doing this simple trick could increase your win rate by 10% or perhaps even more of what's missing! (eg. your win rate is 60%. 40% is missing. 10% of 40% = 4 %, + 60% = the new win rate of 64%.)

Don't try to collect two powerups.
There is a tip in the waiting lobby for Slime Survival that says "Powerups don't stack, so only collect one at a time!" Though I will say this is a good tip that needs attention, I will mention that speed and jump boost can both be collected at the same time and you even still keep your holdable powerup! (Frost Sword, Shield, etc.) I will also mention that strangely, many people try to collect multiple powerups. I was right behind someone who was running to a patch of about 5 powerups. Not a single jump boost or speed in sight. I knew I could get some powerups, too, but then... He took them all. Literally not a single one remained. Slimes can't see or collect powerups, though occasionally a glitch occurs which allows them to see powerups that were there when they were survivors, they get converted, and they see the powerups. This means saving powerups for later or for other survivors will help. Plus, it helps when there are more survivors because when they are hit, they either become paralyzed and the slimes can put a bigger target on you or they become slimes as well, depending on which mode you're playing in.

Don't step on slimes.
Really? I actually have to say this? Slimes are what you are supposed to avoid, in fact, that is THE objective of survivors. Literally their only objective. However, some people think slimes are safe when they stop moving. There's a tip in the waiting lobby that says they're unsafe after they stop bouncing, but not moving, so clearly I can give them a nice big hug when they calm down, right? No, no, no, and no. It's not even a good idea to step on them when you have a shield, reasons being they might bounce back and hit you again, they might hit another survivor, or... they just destroy your shield in the first place.

Don't hide.
Though it is thought that, since slimes are more powerful than survivors, survivors should hide rather than run around, collecting powerups and doing none other than "putting a big target on their back", hiding is actually a really bad strategy. Since slimes move around a lot, odds are, the main slime will track you quite quickly. In freeze tag mode, it's even worse because every slime can track you individually every 12 seconds. Not just the nearest person, but everyone! But if anything, if you do hide, don't hold shift! Slimes can see you are holding shift (or whatever your sneak button is) and they know you are hiding. This will put a bigger target on your back. With most hiding spots, one slime can easily corner you. It also makes it even WORSE in freeze mode because you can be recovered by other survivors, which means they need to find your spot. ...At least they can recover you through thin walls.

Punch paralyzed people.
Look, I know I may sound like I'm saying "find a person in a wheel chair and punch them", but I'm still talking about slime survival. In freeze tag mode, when survivors are hit, they become paralyzed instead of becoming another slime. Bear this in mind, because some people just stand there at the start of a game, even when they are not AFK (I know when they go to where the slime is), because they want to play the game as a slime the whole time. This is technically cross-teaming because it is working with slimes when their assigned role is survivor, but in freeze tag mode, they just become paralyzed. Boring! When someone is paralyzed, they glow and are on a slime. They can hop every 4 or so seconds and can store up to 3 hops by waiting longer. If everyone is paralyzed, the slimes win. This is why survivors recover each other. It takes a little while to recover someone. However, the speed it takes can be tripled just by punching as fast as possible. Some people can't click as fast as others and will not triple it, but double it. I triple the speed but with super fast clicks, it might be able to be quadrupled. I've only seen about 3 people punch me when they recover me. Granted, I very rarely get paralyzed, but still...

Spy on the slime.
This is only a good strategy in normal mode because there is only one slime at the start. This is probably the trick the most people do of all of these except perhaps "don't step on slimes". I can see why, though. Keep a safe distance (40+ blocks, though I prefer to be only 20-30 blocks away. Just don't try being so close until you know all the spots where you can be close and the slime can't see you but you can see them and you're very good at dodging) and keep an eye on the slime at the start until he hits another slime. Watch both until you can't keep track of both at the same time, then continue play normally. This will prevent the slime from sneaking up on you from behind.

Recover yourself.
Recover yourself? How? I've never seen anyone except myself do this.
upload_2020-3-24_16-56-35.png

Recovering yourself is fairly easy, but requires you to know you're near a slime and you must have a survivor recover grenade. BEFORE you get hit, but not too long before because the grenade would recover no one, throw the survivor recover grenade straight up. When it is in the air, you will get hit. This is the only time when camping is good. I will explain why camping is usually bad in the next section. The survivor recover grenade falls back to the ground and lands on you if you did it correctly. Then you are recovered, and, like the picture shows, you can also get someone else in the process.

Don't camp.
You probably know that a slime OFTEN camps survivors. If you are a survivor being camped, I'm sorry, I know it's boring, but take it well. It turns out that camping survivors is a terrible strategy. Most people are smart enough to not try to recover a paralyzed survivor who is being camped. I suppose I could admit that camping can be a good strategy when two players in the same area can be camped by one slime and camping three is actually quite good, but don't camp one. Let's look at this mathematically. 4 slimes and 8 survivors each game. The ratio is 1:2. One slime camps one survivor. We can pretend they are no longer in the game because they are doing nothing. The survivor does not get recovered, and we will assume no one attempts to recover the person at all. They could with a powerup such as shield or frost sword, but we'll assume no one comes. The game starts with the slimes:survivors ratio being 1:2, then one slime camps one survivor. There are now 3 slimes and 7 survivors. The new ratio is 3:7 which is equal to 6:14. 1:2 = 7:14. This means there is one more slime per 14 survivors if one slime camps one survivor. Another slime camps one survivor. the ratio is now 2:6. Original was 3:7 = 18:42. New ratio = 2:6 = 14:42. This means, for every 42 survivors, there are 4 less slimes. In other words, for each slime camping one survivor, the ratio of slimes to survivors decreases, making it harder for the slimes. Let's look at if each slime camped two survivors. The ratio is 1:2. 4 slimes, 8 survivors. One slime camps two survivors. There are now 3 slimes and 6 survivors. The ratio remains the same. If they camped 3, there would be 3 slimes, 5 survivors, which improves it. So basically, camping one survivor is a disadvantage, camping two is neither an advantage nor a disadvantage, and camping 3 or more is an advantage, but that can be done very rarely.

Don't recover a camped survivor without a good powerup.
Some people will go to a paralyzed survivor without thinking and go recover them. They need to scout the area first if they want to recover the survivor. If there is a slime nearby, they need to get rid of the slime by either distracting them away which is very hard to do or use a powerup. There are four powerups that can help to recover the survivor. Though, also keep in mind that it's a bad idea to try to recover a survivor (even just one) when there are two. You recover one, they try to recover the other and get paralyzed again. The four powerups that can help are Frost Sword, Shield, Decoy, and Slime Trap. Slime Trap, however, is very hard to use effectively to recover a paralyzed survivor. You can also, for an easier recovery, use one of the recovery powerups (Survivor Recover Wand or Survivor Recover Grenade).

With that, those are the tricks I have found that are rarely used. More tricks probably exist, but they're rare often because not many people know about them, me included on those ones. That or I didn't think of them, I just naturally do them. Thank you for reading this thread, see you next time!

Last edited:
Reactions: Player738
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom