Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceFlareMG

Feb 22, 2017
United States
www.youtube.com
Introduction
This guide is going to be all about the Tips and Tricks on how to win Skywars on Minecraft. Some of the things I will be talking about will be ‘starter chests’, ‘perks’ and ‘what not to do’. Please enjoy reading my guide and remember to comment if you want me to add anything else in if I missed it out! You can also comment and tell me if I have made any mistakes, it will be greatly appreciated.

Starter Chest
Here is a list of everything you will find in your starter chest at the beginning of every Skywars game. They are each followed by a brief explanation of why you need them and what they can be used for. I do not know if any of these items are in the chest because most servers have these, except for some, so comment if I made any mistakes!

Sword - In Skywars you probably won’t last the first two minutes without a sword, even if it is just gold. There will always be someone playing with you that has Ender Pearls so you need to be ready for them.

Armour - Armour could possibly be the most essential thing to keep on your person at all times (as well as your sword and bow). Even if it is pretty rubbish like all leather it will still provide you with a little bit of extra protection that might just save your life.

Food - Food, another important item that you could not survive without. It can come in very handy, especially after you have just been in a fight and need to regain your health. You are lucky if you find even just 3 golden apples in your chest as they not only fill two hunger points but also give you the Absorption effect for 2 minutes and the Regeneration II effect for 5 seconds.

Dirt - Dirt can be used to build bridges and walls however I do not recommend it. Dirt can be destroyed easily by players who are Gold rank or over as they have explosive arrows. Plus, dirt makes quite a loud noise when placed so people are more likely you hear you building.

Cobblestone - It can also be used for building bridges and walls and is much safer as explosive arrows can not break this strong material. It also makes less noise when placed, unlike dirt. But remember! The explosive arrows may not be able to destroy cobblestone but TNT is!

Ice - Useful if you plan on building a bridge to the Centre or other islands. You can place an ice block down and then break it to create a flow of water. This way if you are shot off your bridge you can just swim back up again. Remember the water will only appear if there is a block underneath the ice block.

TNT - TNT is one of the most useful things in the game, that is why it is always in my hot bar. I use it to blow up bridges after I have used them so that nobody can follow me across it. I also use it to blow up the Centre after I have looted all of the chests so that there is nothing left for anyone else.

Buckets - Lava, water and just empty buckets can also be fairly useful. Lava buckets can be used to drop lava down on people (especially on Shrine, which has a tree on every island). Water can be used to counter this if someone else does it to you. Like ice, water can be used to stop you from dying if you are shot off your bridge. An empty bucket can be used to pick up other players lava so you do not die in it. You can also pick up player’s water from their bridge after they fall off. Then they either have to Suicide or wait until the water reaches the Void.

Flint and Feathers - Both of these can be used to make more arrows if you did not start with enough or just ran out.

String - String can be used to craft a bow if you did not already have one in your chest. If you don’t have time to craft one, you can easily buy the Archer Kit perk (see the Perks section).

Arrows - Used as ammunition for your bow. Arrows are also especially valuable to those players that have explosive arrows.

Projectiles - I only find one use for projectiles and that is to make sure I do not fall when I Ender Pearl to an island. Before I throw the Ender Pearl I will throw an egg or snowball and see if it hits the island. Doing this reduces the chances of me hitting the side of the island and falling to my death. They are also pretty useless for hitting people off as they do not have much range or accuracy.

Bow - A bow can be used to shoot people off their islands and bridges and is much more accurate than eggs and snowballs. You are more likely to hit them with an arrow.

Flint and Steel - I always keep it in my hot bar. It can be used to set off TNT as well as set players and blocks on fire.

What Not To Do
I am now going to go on to talk about what you should never do in a Skywars game.

DON’T build a dirt bridge - Building a dirt bridge can get you killed easily by donators and other people with bows.

DON’T build a bridge with no walls - Even if the shooter is not a donator, they can still knock you off in one shot if you do not build walls.

DON’T team with people you don’t trust - Only team with someone if you know them in real life or trust them on the server. Don’t just team with people because they are Bedrock or are a high level. If you are going to team, do it in the Lobby or before the game starts.

DON’T go to the Centre with bad weapons or armour - If you have full leather and a gold sword, you will probably get thrashed by other people in the middle.

Tricks
I have a few tricks that I use when I play Skywars. They are pretty useful and could help you win the game.

• If someone with better stuff than you is looking at you, they will probably be about to Ender Pearl. Get ready with your Ender Pearls too (if you have any). The second they throw theirs, you throw yours on to the island they came from. You both technically swap places but at least you get an extra 60 seconds to formulate a plan before they Ender Pearl again.
  • When you are in a bow fight with someone on an island next to or near you, build a cobble wall in front of you with a little gap for you to shoot through. Then build a taller wall behind you so that if they miss you, you can take their arrows as extra ammo.
  • If a guy got to the Centre before you, don’t worry! There is still a chance that you can kill them. If you are on a map like Nightmare, which has a small Centre, you can Ender Pearl when they are too busy looking in the chests and quickly hit them off. The only downside to this is that they might have already taken all the good stuff and there will be nothing left for you.
  • If you are on a map with an enchantment table in the Centre, when you are finished with the enchantment table throw it off the edge. This way nobody else can enchant their stuff even if you are no longer in the Centre and it is safe for them.
  • If somebody hits you off their island with a bow or something similar, if you have any Ender Pearls throw them at the nearest island you can. You will probably hit the side and start falling again but at least the other person doesn’t get the kill or the Credits.
  • When you start the game, get your armour on fast! People can easily build over to you on maps where the islands are fairly close to each other (like Nightmare). When you are taking stuff out of your chest, don't take your time and pick up each and everything in the chest and place them in your inventory individually. If you hold down the shift key and press on all the items in the starter chest, you can be in and out in less than twenty seconds.

Perks
There are many perks for Skywars that you can purchase using Credits. You can earn Credits from killing people and from winning mini games. I am going to tell you what the perks are, how much they cost and how they are helpful to you in-game.

Snowballs -
Cost : for 5, 1000 credits + for 10, 2000 credits + for 15, 3000 credits
You can either buy 5, 10 or 15 snowballs but to buy larger amounts of them you will need to have bought the previous ones first (e.g. to buy 10 you will have to buy 5 and then buy 10). Snowballs can be used to knock people off their bridges and islands.

Fishing Rod -
Cost : 1500 credits
Can also be used to knock people off bridges however does not have as much range as snowballs and arrows. Does a little bit of damage as well when latched on to someone.

Archer Kit -
Cost : 2500 credits
Starts you off with a bow and 6 arrows. Useful if you have good aim and also good for donators who have explosive arrows.

Miner Kit -
Starts you off with an Iron Pickaxe which can be used to mine diamonds on your island if you started with a bad sword or armour.

Creeper Kit -
Starts you off with Flint and Steel and 5 TNT. Handy if you enjoy blowing things up (like me).

Ender Pearls -
Cost : for 1, 2000 credits + for 2, 4000 credits + for 3, 6000 credits
You can either buy 1,2 or 3 Ender Pearls. The same as the snowballs, you need to buy the first tiers before you can buy 3. Starts you off with Ender Pearls which, when thrown, teleport you to the place they land. Handy for getting to the Centre quicker and much safer because you do not need to build a bridge.

Stats
I do not know if there are stats, so comment if mistaken! I am going to finish off by telling you about your Mini Game Stats. When you are in the Lobby look in your hot bar and you should see a book. Right-click the book and your Mini Game Stats will appear. If you hover your mouse over the End Stone block you will see your Skywars Stats. It will tell you how many kills and deaths you have had, how many games you have played and won and also your global rank. Your global rank tells you where you are ranked on the server leader board for Skywars. As you play more Skywars and get better at it your global rank should get smaller. This means you are getting closer to the number one spot! It takes a long time even to just get into the hundreds but if you keep working at it you should eventually make it. Also, your Skywars Global Rank is based on how many kills you have, not on how many times you win or lose.

I really hope this guide helped you to win more games on Skywars! Please leave a comment and do not be afraid to tell me about any mistakes I have made or anything I have missed.

U

Unipotato

This is a nice guide but it is obviously not for CubeCraft, as you have mentioned many things that don't exist on CC.

Reactions: Power Ranger

Rutger_boy

Feb 21, 2017
Hello owner,

I have a request to become mod. I'am a teamplayer and I help others to come further. I don't use hacks or anything else that disturbes the game. I like to come as far as you can get in the game with other great builders. And it's very disturbing that others only want to use tricks and want to hack te game. So please, can you make me mod or helper? So I can help the cubecraft team also.

Sincerely,
Rutger_boy

Nedyar10

Jun 8, 2016
Philippines
Only team with someone if you know them in real life or trust them on the server. Don’t just team with people because they are Bedrock or are a high level. If you are going to team, do it in the Lobby or before the game starts.
If you're talking about solo, then teaming is illegal/bannable. As for Skywars teams, you're actually forced to team with the person you're paired with. You can't cross team either...

Also "Bedrock"? What is that? A rank?

Reactions: IceFlareMG
U

Unipotato

Hello owner,

I have a request to become mod. I'am a teamplayer and I help others to come further. I don't use hacks or anything else that disturbes the game. I like to come as far as you can get in the game with other great builders. And it's very disturbing that others only want to use tricks and want to hack te game. So please, can you make me mod or helper? So I can help the cubecraft team also.

Sincerely,
Rutger_boy

You have already said that you would like to be staff the answer hasn't changed, If you feel you have the qualities to be part of the staff team you can apply to be a helper here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/helper-applications-2017-open.139999/ and I would also recommend reading the tips: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/tips-for-helper.176536/
Spamming will not, in fact heighten your chances of being staff, it decreases them. Please do not spam threads about this in the future.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Introduction
This guide is going to be all about the Tips and Tricks on how to win Skywars on Minecraft. Some of the things I will be talking about will be ‘starter chests’, ‘perks’ and ‘what not to do’. Please enjoy reading my guide and remember to comment if you want me to add anything else in if I missed it out! You can also comment and tell me if I have made any mistakes, it will be greatly appreciated.

Starter Chest
Here is a list of everything you will find in your starter chest at the beginning of every Skywars game. They are each followed by a brief explanation of why you need them and what they can be used for. I do not know if any of these items are in the chest because most servers have these, except for some, so comment if I made any mistakes!

Sword - In Skywars you probably won’t last the first two minutes without a sword, even if it is just gold. There will always be someone playing with you that has Ender Pearls so you need to be ready for them.

Armour - Armour could possibly be the most essential thing to keep on your person at all times (as well as your sword and bow). Even if it is pretty rubbish like all leather it will still provide you with a little bit of extra protection that might just save your life.

Food - Food, another important item that you could not survive without. It can come in very handy, especially after you have just been in a fight and need to regain your health. You are lucky if you find even just 3 golden apples in your chest as they not only fill two hunger points but also give you the Absorption effect for 2 minutes and the Regeneration II effect for 5 seconds.

Dirt - Dirt can be used to build bridges and walls however I do not recommend it. Dirt can be destroyed easily by players who are Gold rank or over as they have explosive arrows. Plus, dirt makes quite a loud noise when placed so people are more likely you hear you building.

Cobblestone - It can also be used for building bridges and walls and is much safer as explosive arrows can not break this strong material. It also makes less noise when placed, unlike dirt. But remember! The explosive arrows may not be able to destroy cobblestone but TNT is!

Ice - Useful if you plan on building a bridge to the Centre or other islands. You can place an ice block down and then break it to create a flow of water. This way if you are shot off your bridge you can just swim back up again. Remember the water will only appear if there is a block underneath the ice block.

TNT - TNT is one of the most useful things in the game, that is why it is always in my hot bar. I use it to blow up bridges after I have used them so that nobody can follow me across it. I also use it to blow up the Centre after I have looted all of the chests so that there is nothing left for anyone else.

Buckets - Lava, water and just empty buckets can also be fairly useful. Lava buckets can be used to drop lava down on people (especially on Shrine, which has a tree on every island). Water can be used to counter this if someone else does it to you. Like ice, water can be used to stop you from dying if you are shot off your bridge. An empty bucket can be used to pick up other players lava so you do not die in it. You can also pick up player’s water from their bridge after they fall off. Then they either have to Suicide or wait until the water reaches the Void.

Flint and Feathers - Both of these can be used to make more arrows if you did not start with enough or just ran out.

String - String can be used to craft a bow if you did not already have one in your chest. If you don’t have time to craft one, you can easily buy the Archer Kit perk (see the Perks section).

Arrows - Used as ammunition for your bow. Arrows are also especially valuable to those players that have explosive arrows.

Projectiles - I only find one use for projectiles and that is to make sure I do not fall when I Ender Pearl to an island. Before I throw the Ender Pearl I will throw an egg or snowball and see if it hits the island. Doing this reduces the chances of me hitting the side of the island and falling to my death. They are also pretty useless for hitting people off as they do not have much range or accuracy.

Bow - A bow can be used to shoot people off their islands and bridges and is much more accurate than eggs and snowballs. You are more likely to hit them with an arrow.

Flint and Steel - I always keep it in my hot bar. It can be used to set off TNT as well as set players and blocks on fire.

What Not To Do
I am now going to go on to talk about what you should never do in a Skywars game.

DON’T build a dirt bridge - Building a dirt bridge can get you killed easily by donators and other people with bows.

DON’T build a bridge with no walls - Even if the shooter is not a donator, they can still knock you off in one shot if you do not build walls.

DON’T team with people you don’t trust - Only team with someone if you know them in real life or trust them on the server. Don’t just team with people because they are Bedrock or are a high level. If you are going to team, do it in the Lobby or before the game starts.

DON’T go to the Centre with bad weapons or armour - If you have full leather and a gold sword, you will probably get thrashed by other people in the middle.

Tricks
I have a few tricks that I use when I play Skywars. They are pretty useful and could help you win the game.

• If someone with better stuff than you is looking at you, they will probably be about to Ender Pearl. Get ready with your Ender Pearls too (if you have any). The second they throw theirs, you throw yours on to the island they came from. You both technically swap places but at least you get an extra 60 seconds to formulate a plan before they Ender Pearl again.
  • When you are in a bow fight with someone on an island next to or near you, build a cobble wall in front of you with a little gap for you to shoot through. Then build a taller wall behind you so that if they miss you, you can take their arrows as extra ammo.
  • If a guy got to the Centre before you, don’t worry! There is still a chance that you can kill them. If you are on a map like Nightmare, which has a small Centre, you can Ender Pearl when they are too busy looking in the chests and quickly hit them off. The only downside to this is that they might have already taken all the good stuff and there will be nothing left for you.
  • If you are on a map with an enchantment table in the Centre, when you are finished with the enchantment table throw it off the edge. This way nobody else can enchant their stuff even if you are no longer in the Centre and it is safe for them.
  • If somebody hits you off their island with a bow or something similar, if you have any Ender Pearls throw them at the nearest island you can. You will probably hit the side and start falling again but at least the other person doesn’t get the kill or the Credits.
  • When you start the game, get your armour on fast! People can easily build over to you on maps where the islands are fairly close to each other (like Nightmare). When you are taking stuff out of your chest, don't take your time and pick up each and everything in the chest and place them in your inventory individually. If you hold down the shift key and press on all the items in the starter chest, you can be in and out in less than twenty seconds.

Perks
There are many perks for Skywars that you can purchase using Credits. You can earn Credits from killing people and from winning mini games. I am going to tell you what the perks are, how much they cost and how they are helpful to you in-game.

Snowballs -
Cost : for 5, 1000 credits + for 10, 2000 credits + for 15, 3000 credits
You can either buy 5, 10 or 15 snowballs but to buy larger amounts of them you will need to have bought the previous ones first (e.g. to buy 10 you will have to buy 5 and then buy 10). Snowballs can be used to knock people off their bridges and islands.

Fishing Rod -
Can also be used to knock people off bridges however does not have as much range as snowballs and arrows. Does a little bit of damage as well when latched on to someone.

Archer Kit -
Starts you off with a bow and 6 arrows. Useful if you have good aim and also good for donators who have explosive arrows.

Miner Kit -
Starts you off with an Iron Pickaxe which can be used to mine diamonds on your island if you started with a bad sword or armour.

Creeper Kit -
Starts you off with Flint and Steel and 5 TNT. Handy if you enjoy blowing things up (like me).

Ender Pearls -
Cost : for 1, 2000 credits + for 2, 4000 credits + for 3, 6000 credits
You can either buy 1,2 or 3 Ender Pearls. The same as the snowballs, you need to buy the first tiers before you can buy 3. Starts you off with Ender Pearls which, when thrown, teleport you to the place they land. Handy for getting to the Centre quicker and much safer because you do not need to build a bridge.

Stats
I do not know if there are stats, so comment if mistaken! I am going to finish off by telling you about your Mini Game Stats. When you are in the Lobby look in your hot bar and you should see a book. Right-click the book and your Mini Game Stats will appear. If you hover your mouse over the End Stone block you will see your Skywars Stats. It will tell you how many kills and deaths you have had, how many games you have played and won and also your global rank. Your global rank tells you where you are ranked on the server leader board for Skywars. As you play more Skywars and get better at it your global rank should get smaller. This means you are getting closer to the number one spot! It takes a long time even to just get into the hundreds but if you keep working at it you should eventually make it. Also, your Skywars Global Rank is based on how many kills you have, not on how many times you win or lose.

I really hope this guide helped you to win more games on Skywars! Please leave a comment and do not be afraid to tell me about any mistakes I have made or anything I have missed.
I think you are on the wrong forums buddy.
Cubecraft doesn't have donator kits, any of the kits you mentioned, global ranks, credits, and other things you mentioned. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom