Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
While you do get 1 shopkeeper for each island, which is better than just having 1 singular shopkeeper for the entirety of skyblock, I feel like it might be a good idea to give the player the option of having a few or even just one extra shopkeeper.

I'm probably just super unorganized, but usually I run between multiple sets of islands to do different tasks. To put this into perspective, I've set up the taiga island to be a sort of jungle tree farm, the jungle island as a spider grinder (it's really just a spawner in a room), the plains island as my go-to cobble farm, the desert island as my cactus farm and also just a place to sit around and do nothing, and the main island to be sort of a storage hub and a central area. While this does mean a 1:1 ratio of shopkeeper to island (which should theoretically be enough), sometimes you have multiple different areas allocated on one single island (for example, perhaps you have an enclosed tree farm and then on the outside you have a wheat farm), and for farms, you usually want to sell your items quickly in order to be as efficient as possible. However, with only 1 shopkeeper, you would either need to ignore one area and place the shop in one area for optimal output, or put it somewhere in the middle where you'd have to run back and forth to then sell your items.

Giving players an extra shopkeeper or two would give them the freedom of being able to be a bit more efficient and also if you have areas of different elevations, you waste a lot of time just running up and down to the shopkeeper. Plus, the shopkeeper is not only the only place you can sell your items too, but a lot of needed resources and items can only be purchased there as well. While you really don't need to go to the hub for anything except for a place to meet up with other people and to use the enchanter/repairer/optimizer (and when you get iron/diamonds, the only real thing to go to the hub for is the optimizer, I think), for people who haven't even reached iron yet, stone tools and leather armor constantly break and require you to repair them (this applies even more to your valuable enchanted items).

The shopkeeper is vital source of many different services and resources, so it's rather important to make sure that you have quick access to it at all times. Also, since the shopkeeper doesn't give you any benefits (adding more shopkeepers gives you no real perks other than more efficiency and less time waasted), it wouldn't hurt to give players more than the 1 shopkeeper per island limit that we have at the moment (this isn't saying that you have to keep the shopkeepers on their own islands, heck, you could even put all the shopkeepers on one singular island if you wanted to. However, you still want to keep access to your shop when on a specific island, so it's not really worth it to abandon an island of its shopkeeper unless you really didn't need it there.)

Perhaps extra shopkeepers could cost coins, or a limited few spares could be given to you as you progress or when you first start of your quest to conquer the skies. Whatever the case is, it would be nice to have extras.

TL;DR

Giving players 1-3 (a few) extra shopkeepers would benefit everyone and wouldn't bring any negatives (at least, on surface level), and would lessen the time it takes to get to any shopkeeper. This is especially useful for people who have multiple different farms on an island (to sell their items as quickly as possible)

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
I like that idea, usually the shops you get are enough, but in case you need more there should be an option to get more. Maybe give the opportunity to buy extra shops for a couple of million each?

Reactions: Noodlesticks
I like that idea, usually the shops you get are enough, but in case you need more there should be an option to get more. Maybe give the opportunity to buy extra shops for a couple of million each?

Maybe you could get maybe 1-2 spares, and then if you wanted more then it would cost more in the shop? Although, a few million each might be a bit too much (at least, I'm still barely making 100k coins, so I don't know how much money production increases during the more end-game stages of skyblock), since more mid-game/early-game players might want to use more shopkeepers. Regardless, at least having the option would be fantastic.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on SpringWarz's profile.
Cool senior moderator!
who here got mice with holes on them

how do you even clean those things

i plan to buy the hyperx pulsefire haste but i have zero idea on how to clean it

give advice please 🙏🙏🙏
Top Bottom