Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Nov 23, 2017
I just wondered if shift critical hit does more damage to a player or is it the same as normal critical hit? And if doesn't what are some good and bad sides of using shift while doing critical hit?

Chum Chum

Jun 7, 2018
The answer to your question: It's just to taunt players. It has positive effects.

> There is no such thing as "The Best Strategy". You just have to use the most optimal, and implement it to the situation.

> The strategies that exist, are:
- 'Spam'-Critting, which is to hit your opponent while falling. Identified by jumping a lot.
The optimal Crit-Spammer would strike once per second. Critical hits deal +3 dmg. (1.5HP) deals the highest amount of damage
Unfortunately, quite a lot of players crouch while in the air. It doesn't do anything. It just disables your sprint, so you deal less knockback.

- 'S-Tapping' Players that deal a few small hits, and then knock their opponents backwards and walk backwards themselves. Creating distance. Cook in hot water and repeat.

- "Combo'ers" Usually just constantly hold-down the sprint-key and strafe from side to side.
It's a very good strategy against newbies.
You have to precisely judge the distance and determine "Should I hit before, or after they hit me? Am I in-range?"

And then you have all kinds of mix-ups.

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
The answer to your question: It's just to taunt players. It has positive effects.

> There is no such thing as "The Best Strategy". You just have to use the most optimal, and implement it to the situation.

> The strategies that exist, are:
- 'Spam'-Critting, which is to hit your opponent while falling. Identified by jumping a lot.
The optimal Crit-Spammer would strike once per second. Critical hits deal +3 dmg. (1.5HP) deals the highest amount of damage
Unfortunately, quite a lot of players crouch while in the air. It doesn't do anything. It just disables your sprint, so you deal less knockback.

- 'S-Tapping' Players that deal a few small hits, and then knock their opponents backwards and walk backwards themselves. Creating distance. Cook in hot water and repeat.

- "Combo'ers" Usually just constantly hold-down the sprint-key and strafe from side to side.
It's a very good strategy against newbies.
You have to precisely judge the distance and determine "Should I hit before, or after they hit me? Am I in-range?"

And then you have all kinds of mix-ups.
1 year and i still can't figure out a pattern

Stqnley

Mar 20, 2017
Not really, jumping and shifting at the same time does not mean that you hit a critical hit instantly it's just a provocation to your opponent. The critical damages are the same whether you jump, fall, etc. However, they are more effective than normal attacks.

Reactions: PoludelaNutella

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I just wondered if shift critical hit does more damage to a player or is it the same as normal critical hit? And if doesn't what are some good and bad sides of using shift while doing critical hit?
I know this doesn’t make a huge difference but, when you sneak The player's hitbox reduces from 1.8 to 1.65 blocks.

Reactions: PoludelaNutella

Chum Chum

Jun 7, 2018
Hitboxes reduce from 1.8 to 1.65 blocks.

You are technically correct.
The best kind of correct.

But it doesn't matter because you won't be shifting all the time. And it's only -1.5 less juicy hitbox to hit. Which honestly is just not enough for people such as myself to care about.

I fought people with without player-models. They were utterly invisible.
I could only see their shadow - Which I disabled. Even while burning / glowing / wearing armour: still invisible.
I turned on Hit-Boxes (F3+B) and won every single match I've ever had while doing this against random players.
Technically yeah, this can be referred to as a "Social-Experiment" - bwah hoo karz 'bout dat, hawh?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not really, jumping and shifting at the same time does not mean that you hit a critical hit. It's just a provocation to your opponent.
The critical damage is the same whether you jump, fall, etc. However, they are more effective than normal attacks.

Oi. Let me stahp ya wrioghte der McMate.

As I have explained before, many many times: You deal +3 damage / -1.5HP to your opponent upon a critical hit.
We can all agree on that, right? Even if you use enhancements such as sharpness / the Strength buff.

The ONLY way to get a critical hit, is you strike while falling. NOT JUMPING.
This is a mistake performed by amateur nerds who have no idea what they are talking / doing.
And no, if you shift in the air, you do cannot perform the majestic act of which we refer to as a "Critical-Hit"

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom