• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I made a kind of humorous reply on the selfie competition, but I'm actually quite serious. Congratz to all winners nevertheless: @PedrocasPirocas , @Vuurvogeltje @Fredd_WG They probably spend a lot of time anyways on creating the perfect selfie anyways. However, for me it feels really cheap that the competition is decided by shaders (mostly) only. Disclaimer: a competition is based on a subjective opinion and I could be wrong, but this is just my point of view. Also, I'm not a bad loser, I didn't join the competition in the first place. @Capitan any opinions?

May 1, 2019
Well, it’s up to the player to decide what shaders to use. Depending on the shaders will make it look better. Anyone can use it, it’s not like it’s a premium only thing.

Pedroo

Dedicated Member
Sep 10, 2016
Portugal
Hey first of all thank you, I understand your point but as the winners used shaders a lot of other participants did so the shaders didn't decide who won. In my opinion most people took selfies with better shaders than the ones I used so definitely the shaders don't decide who wins. I think people should still be able to use shaders because they make the selfies look much better. P. S. I also edited my selfie on my phone with an app called Snapseed it is very good to edit photos.

Fredd_WG

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2017
Ecuador
It is not so much for the shaders, if you can tell, the others just took the selfie and nothing else, I was editing the 2 photos several hours and even then it is third, so I tell you not everything depends on the shaders

Reactions: Komodо

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
www.cubecraft.net
Hey first of all thank you, I understand your point but as the winners used shaders a lot of other participants did so the shaders didn't decide who won. In my opinion most people took selfies with better shaders than the ones I used so definitely the shaders don't decide who wins. I think people should still be able to use shaders because they make the selfies look much better. P. S. I also edited my selfie on my phone with an app called Snapseed it is very good to edit photos.
I’m not saying you should forbid shaders. They definitely give the selfie a better look. However, I also saw some more creative ones who deserved it, too

Reactions: Josher and ImJunior

Fredd_WG

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2017
Ecuador
I’m not saying you should forbid shaders. They definitely give the selfie a better look. However, I also saw some more creative ones who deserved it, too
Yes but as I tell you if you go to check out my 2 selfies that I publish are the best edited ones and that I take the trouble to spend hours editing several images until I get the ideal

Reactions: Komodо and Pedroo

Pedroo

Dedicated Member
Sep 10, 2016
Portugal
I’m not saying you should forbid shaders. They definitely give the selfie a better look. However I also saw a lot of creative ones who didn’t get the reward they deserved.
In my opinion the most important factor has to be the beauty of photo. It has a relation with the creativity for sure, to get a nice selfie you need to be creative but there are also more things that matter, those creative people probably knew they could had used shaders and had edited the selfies if they didn't, now they do. Getting nice shaders, make a nice edition and getting a nice resource pack, among other things, is harder than getting a creative spot, for people who haven't the /fly (like me) getting a creative spot is harder so you have to use what you can, no /fly so lets make a nice edit and use good shaders.

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
Well I think the jury decided to give people points on following reasons.

- The time you put in making the picture.
- The location and background of the picture
- The quality of the picture
- Extra original things you added on the picture.

I think the winners really deserves it. I also participated and didn’t win but I accept it.
I think I had a good quality and original background but not a cool edit or something like that.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
www.cubecraft.net

I think the winners really deserves it. I also participated and didn’t win but I accept it.
I think I had a good quality and original background but not a cool edit or something like that.
Again, I’m not saying they didn’t deserve it. It’s just that some more points, for example the ones you mentioned, should be taken into account as well.

Reactions: Basketman

Fredd_WG

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2017
Ecuador

I think it does not depend much on that, because if it were for the time spent I was editing photos for 3 hours, and the bottom of one of my photos is the same as the one, I finish second, and the edition I think it is not, because the first 2 did not edit, I did edit the photo a lot to get it to be original

Capitan

Moderation Manager
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 13, 2016
Argentina
twitter.com
Next time i will host a no-shaders and no photoshop competition.
This time, everything was allowed, shaders, cropped images, photo collage and even instagram filters; and have sense the winners were the "best looking" selfies.
And btw, im gonna close this thread because i don't want drama involved in a competition. Contact me privately if you want to discuss more about this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on SAASD's profile.
Hey pro! Long time no see, Hru? :D
Reesle wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything! Hope you have a good life.
As per the removal of the design team CubeCraft will now remove the Moderation team due to them costing CubeCraft the same amount of extra money - nothing.
Reesle wrote on Tommy Boi's profile.
Congrats on 300 reaction score!!
Top Bottom