Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should we make a rule against leaving a team game within the first 5 mins?

• Maybe: There may be a way to alter how this works but is still effective.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alikgamer

Aug 20, 2020
There should be a rule that stops people from leaving as soon as a team game starts.
For example:
Leaving within the first 2 minutes of a match starting won't let you play the game you left for about a day.
The punishments could last longer spanning for about a month.

It will make people who leave a team-based game get punished and it'll make it less likely to happen.

Edit: Another thing: The countdown will start as soon as everyone has been put into their cage.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
reason to disagree: you cant tell why someone had to leave. for example dinner, wifi dying.... this could get people punished for false reasons
reason to agree: its the most frustrating thing ever when playing team games. especially in TD, its too easy to get outnumbered if only 2 people are missing.

i still say +1 as it could be done so once you leave... lets say 5 times last second, the punishment of a "gamemode ban" could be triggered. it would be weird for wifi to die 5 times a day or have to leave for food, specifically before a game starts. of course people can still leave later on the game, but it still gives people who do want to stay a chance to still join

very small edit: the number of times leaving and the time of the punishment could obviously be changed :P

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I strongly disagree with this suggestion, because as said above players will get false punished. Beside that I've had games that I leaved on purpose because for example a game takes to long or my teammate is claiming all the loot. Making a gamemode ban for a certain amount of times feels unfair and to strict for me. Imagine you are playing a game and it takes already an hour, if you leave you can't join another gam because you have already left because of other reasons. That would make things unfair. -1

Reactions: Maaarijn

alikgamer

Aug 20, 2020
Hi! I strongly disagree with this suggestion, because as said above players will get false punished. Beside that I've had games that I leaved on purpose because for example a game takes to long or my teammate is claiming all the loot. Making a gamemode ban for a certain amount of times feels unfair and to strict for me. Imagine you are playing a game and it takes already an hour, if you leave you can't join another gam because you have already left because of other reasons. That
reason to disagree: you cant tell why someone had to leave. for example dinner, wifi dying.... this could get people punished for false reasons
reason to agree: its the most frustrating thing ever when playing team games. especially in TD, its too easy to get outnumbered if only 2 people are missing.

i still say +1 as it could be done so once you leave... lets say 5 times last second, the punishment of a "gamemode ban" could be triggered. it would be weird for wifi to die 5 times a day or have
I disagree, it's annoying when your teammates leave the game but as said above you can't know the reason why they left so punishing them will not be fair.

ter on the game, but it still gives people who do want to stay a chance to still join

very small edit: the number of times leaving and the time of the punishment could obviously be changed :P

would make things unfair. -1

A) I agree that's an issue people would face. BUT. If that is a case we should have a /reconnect command to rejoin a game that you got disconnected from. For example. My wifi dies, i could use /reconnect to rejoin and you'll be back in the game if it hasn't already ended/ your team hasn't been killed.

Also, we should have it so if someone purposly disconnects within the 2 minute period it would warn them that it may get them banned from the gamemode for a day, week, etc...

One more thing is, Like said before, leaving like 3 times in the past hour during that 2 minute period would give you the gamemode ban.

Final thing: I do think the time should now be extended to 5 minutes, HOWEVER, you can use the /reconnect command stated before to rejoin the game if your wifi has gone out. Also with the dinner argument it would just be better for the person to be AFK then leave the game entirely, as when my friends have to go to eat dinner they don't just leave the game entirely they just go afk.

So there should be a /AFK command for the gamemode, and it will show that a teammate is AFK. This would clearify for those who don't know, that their teammate has gone AFK.

Reactions: InkAsriel

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
A) I agree that's an issue people would face. BUT. If that is a case we should have a /reconnect command to rejoin a game that you got disconnected from. For example. My wifi dies, i could use /reconnect to rejoin and you'll be back in the game if it hasn't already ended/ your team hasn't been killed.
This is a complete different suggestion, but okay. I have never liked the idea of a reconnect option. It seems very strange to me that you'd be able to join back in a game of team skywars for instance. What will happen with the loot? When someone dies their loot will drop. What happens when someone rejoins? Do they get their stuff back or do they spawn with nothing? Of course it's annoying if you get disconnected, but it doesn't happen that often hopefully. Just accept the loss in the few times that happens. I know other servers have this but I would not like to see this on Cubecraft.
Also, we should have it so if someone purposly disconnects within the 2 minute period it would warn them that it may get them banned from the gamemode for a day, week, etc...

One more thing is, Like said before, leaving like 3 times in the past hour during that 2 minute period would give you the gamemode ban.
But this makes no sence. ShinyArrow named a few good reasons to leave the game. If you don't want to play it, you don't have to. You can not force players to stay in the game if they don't want to.
Final thing: I do think the time should now be extended to 5 minutes, HOWEVER, you can use the /reconnect command stated before to rejoin the game if your wifi has gone out. Also with the dinner argument it would just be better for the person to be AFK then leave the game entirely, as when my friends have to go to eat dinner they don't just leave the game entirely they just go afk.
But that makes no sence either. If I have to go for dinner I don't leave my game open and I understand other players would also not want to. But with another example, say that you have to go somewhere and you don't return the entire day. Then you should just leave your PC on the entire day because you're not allowed to leave that one game of SkyWars?
So there should be a /AFK command for the gamemode, and it will show that a teammate is AFK. This would clearify for those who don't know, that their teammate has gone AFK.
This is unnecessary in my opinion, it is clear enough when someone is AFK.

Reactions: ShinyArrow

alikgamer

Aug 20, 2020
It seems very strange to me that you'd be able to join back in a game of team skywars for instance.
What i meant was for like games you can respawn in.
Here's a list:
Eggwars (when you still have an egg)
Bridge wars (When the game hasn't ended)
Tower Defenders (When the game hasn't ended)
(Mostly games you can RESPAWN in)

Reactions: Maaarijn

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
What i meant was for like games you can respawn in.
Here's a list:
Eggwars (when you still have an egg)
Bridge wars (When the game hasn't ended)
Tower Defenders (When the game hasn't ended)
(Mostly games you can RESPAWN in)
Aah okay I understand it. That could be an option maybe but as I said, it's another suggestion so you could better make another thread for it.

Reactions: alikgamer

alikgamer

Aug 20, 2020
But this makes no sence. ShinyArrow named a few good reasons to leave the game. If you don't want to play it, you don't have to. You can not force players to stay in the game if they don't want to.
That it's self doesn't really make sense, if the game has just started and someone like "nah never mind i don't wanna play" that's most unlikely to happen. Why would someone go to a game play it then decide "nah."?

alikgamer

Aug 20, 2020
But with another example, say that you have to go somewhere and you don't return the entire day. Then you should just leave your PC on the entire day because you're not allowed to leave that one game of SkyWars?

It's common sense if you're going out to turn off your PC. Plus, There are a set amount of times you can leave until you get punished, as said before you can leave 3 times and once you've left for the 4th time you get punished.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
That it's self doesn't really make sense, if the game has just started and someone like "nah never mind i don't wanna play" that's most unlikely to happen. Why would someone go to a game play it then decide "nah."?
I have that very often to be honest. For instance when I play EggWars and overpowered wins the vote, I immediately leave the game. I just don't like playing overpowered. I see other players do the same, and they're free to do so. You can't force people to play the game if they don't want to.
It's common sense if you're going out to turn off your PC. Plus, There are a set amount of times you can leave until you get punished, as said before you can leave 3 times and once you've left for the 4th time you get punished.
Okay but as I stated before there is no reason to add this punishment.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
I do like the reconnect suggestion, but that would take some server side work that I doubt is a priority for cube atm. With that said the amount of false punishments for this kind of rule would be ridiculous as I have friends get kicked or lose their connection or whatever all the time, and some people even leave just because the voting options are wrong or something, which is totally fair. Winning vs teams in this game isn't too difficult either, so people leaving isn't really a huge issue in my eyes.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
There should be a rule that stops people from leaving as soon as a team game starts.
For example:
Leaving within the first 2 minutes of a match starting won't let you play the game you left for about a day.
The punishments could last longer spanning for about a month.

It will make people who leave a team-based game get punished and it'll make it less likely to happen.

Edit: Another thing: The countdown will start as soon as everyone has been put into their cage.
Maybe if it was a competitive mode?
But sometimes I get put into a match that has just started so I have no choice to leave/vote so I just /hub for a better map

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Hqteful's profile.
W moderator!
UncleSpect wrote on DuckL's profile.
Hello all staff tag xd
Top Bottom