• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Skoedel

Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2019
Belgium
Hey hey

At the moment you can get enchanted golden apples in team skywars 1.8 overpowerd. But, this is way to overpowerd. You can littarly win a 1vs3 when you have 1 of these.
This because notch apples give you 30 seconds of regeneration 5. Those are 6.67 hearts that you get every second + you get fire resistance for 5 minutes.
I made a video with @Froedel to show how op it is:
So my suggestion is to remove them.

Let me know what you think.

Taxy

Sep 24, 2020
Austin, Texas
Hey :)

I can relate to your suggestion. Especially when someone has normal golden apples, they can still auto-regenerate the extra health from the enchanted one. Really broken.

GiGaGekkies

Forum Expert
Dec 22, 2019
The Future
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello,

Personally, I think it's a fun and good/useful item, so removing them outright is a bit too much, so I think the best thing to do is to reduce the item! (I don't know if this is possible, but...). It's a great suggestion Skudl! Keep up the good work <3

~ GiGaGekkies

Reactions: Skoedel

Zillu

Jan 4, 2021
I wouldn’t want to see this get removed. As a quite experienced 1.8 player (especially in team skywars), winning a 1v3 with or without a notch apple is something you can clutch. I’m usually playing team skywars with my friends or some other people that I know. When I’m in a 3v1 situation and the opponent ate a notch apple, the most important thing to have a good communication skills with your teammates, be sure to tell eachother how much hp you have left - if you’re low, just back up and let your teammate take some damage for you so you can heal and help out again. Another smart way to deal with it is to use water/lava/rod; Nowadays almost everyone uses a fishing rod, with this you can keep the enemy at a distance and you can also combine it well with lava and water. For example by putting the enemy in lava, the enemy gets slowed down so you can take a few more seconds to heal or possibly escape. Something I always do myself is use water, with this you can stall good time because the enemy first has to pass the water before it can attack you (if you start spamming with your rod it will only be more difficult for him to reach you.

I myself, find the notch apple very useful and hope it doesn’t get removed/nerfed as it comes in handy when ur in a 1v3. There usually is a small chance of winning a 1v3, especially when ur against other decent/good players - so I feel like a notch apple gives you atleast a opportunity to win.
You can also just vote for basic/normal if you want to avoid that you’re opponent(s) is gonna notch.

Last edited:

Skoedel

Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2019
Belgium
I wouldn’t want to see this get removed. As a quite experienced 1.8 player (especially in team skywars), winning a 1v3 with or without a notch apple is something you can clutch.
This is almost impossible when you are playing against decent players.

When I’m in a 3v1 situation and the opponent ate a notch apple, the most important thing to have a good communication skills with your teammates, be sure to tell eachother how much hp you have left - if you’re low, just back up and let your teammate take some damage for you so you can heal and help out again.
Not everyone is in a call when they are playing team skywars. This would be impossible to tell your teammates in the chat.
Another smart way to deal with it is to use water/lava/rod; Nowadays almost everyone uses a fishing rod, with this you can keep the enemy at a distance and you can also combine it well with lava and water. For example by putting the enemy in lava, the enemy gets slowed down so you can take a few more seconds to heal or possibly escape. Something I always do myself is use water, with this you can store good time because the enemy first has to pass the water before it can attack you (if you start spamming with your rod it will only be more difficult for him to reach you.
But what if you dont have lava or water? You dont always get one of these, certainly not if you rush to mid and if you only loot a few chests.
About the fishing rod, once you stop rodding the enemy, he is going to hit you and you wont have time to eat a golden apple, so you'll just die.

You can also just vote for basic/normal if you want to avoid that you’re opponent(s) is gonna notch.
In basic and normal your playstyle is totally different. Some people prefer overpowerd over basic & normal because the aggressive playstyle.

Zillu

Jan 4, 2021
This is almost impossible when you are playing against decent players.
Then why would you suggest this in the first place? If you can't clutch a 1v3 against decent players without a notch apple, then isn't having a notch apple is something that could come in handy? There's a high chance of losing a 1v3 without a notch apple, it's possible, but the chance that you'll win is small, especially against decent players.
You can littarly win a 1vs3 when you have 1 of these.
Are you implying that when your team has 3 members left, your enemy only 1, that the enemy should lose either way because they're with less?
Not everyone is in a call when they are playing team skywars. This would be impossible to tell your teammates in the chat.
If you're in a 3v1 situation I assume that your teammates also look at your hp & knows that you been taking some damage for a while so there's a high chance that they'll try to support you with anything they have. If one is gone, you can always say "help mid" or something like that.
But what if you dont have lava or water? You dont always get one of these, certainly not if you rush to mid and if you only loot a few chests.
About the fishing rod, once you stop rodding the enemy, he is going to hit you and you wont have time to eat a golden apple, so you'll just die.
In my opinion rushing to mid while other teams do the same is just a risky bet, 50% chance of surviving and you're the one who knows what can happen. If you don't have water and lava, then I would say you can either escape or wait for your teammates - staying alive isn't always guaranteed.
In basic and normal your playstyle is totally different. Some people prefer overpowerd over basic & normal because the aggressive playstyle.
I know, I'm one of them. I prefer to play overpowered over basic & normal just because the pvp is more fun.

Critly

Forum Expert
May 23, 2018
Poland but live in Belgium
Hello,

Personally, I think it's a fun and good/useful item, so removing them outright is a bit too much, so I think the best thing to do is to reduce the item! (I don't know if this is possible, but...). It's a great suggestion Skudl! Keep up the good work <3

~ GiGaGekkies
Hello,
I would also say the same thing GiGa said, I'm pretty sure it's reduceable as they reduced the axe damage on 1.9 too so yeah. Because removing them wouldn't be that that fun you know.

• Agree
Reactions: GiGaGekkies
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.