Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAdventurerMM

Dedicated Member
Mar 29, 2014
the Netherlands
Haha xD Well, at least easter is a good map, but perhaps they could change the name of it to something like "rabbit season"... copyright snup

And yes, in my opinion, scare is the absolute worst map in the rotation of skywars, and what's worse is that i actually have to play the map sometimes as some of the signs are just covered with scare >.< Again, this is just my opinion so feel free to dispute, but it's dark and some people just blend in with the map due to their dark skins. The islands are all connected making blocks obsolete as it removes the need for bridging entirely, which by the way, is the whole point of skywars. The middle island is also too easy to get too, yet the chests are only accessible by taking a life-risking fall??
I'm not trying to attack or hate the maker of the map, but it really feels unfinished and it's hard to stay alive even by camping in your island.. Oh, and why are there like 8 chests on each island? What's up with that??
I though there were 4 chests, try not to push it over the top.

LauraMoneybags

Sep 15, 2014
There are at least 7 chests on every island. Two of the outside islands are glitched and have 11. I note the locations of the 3 hidden chests which are on every island in the spoiler below.

While I love the level, I will admit to it extremely heavily favouring those with map knowledge and/or anyone who is aware of anvil game-mechanics. To illustrate, I have won 47% of all my (several hundred) games this month, largely as I only play Scare.

(1) back right corner, one layer down from bottom floor
(2) one block in front of bottom right chest, 3 layers down
(3) underneath the bottom left furnace, also 3 layers down.

All 3 chests can move forward/backward one position dependent on island imperfections.

Spectator__

May 1, 2014
The Void
There are at least 7 chests on every island. Two of the outside islands are glitched and have 11. I note the locations of the 3 hidden chests which are on every island in the spoiler below.

While I love the level, I will admit to it extremely heavily favouring those with map knowledge and/or anyone who is aware of anvil game-mechanics. To illustrate, I have won 47% of all my (several hundred) games this month, largely as I only play Scare.

(1) back right corner, one layer down from bottom floor
(2) one block in front of bottom right chest, 3 layers down
(3) underneath the bottom left furnace, also 3 layers down.

All 3 chests can move forward/backward one position dependent on island imperfections.
Wow, that some map knowledge^^ I usually just try to kill people and only notice the glitches^^

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I love Scare. It's a unique map and it should be kept, just because it's not Halloween doesn't mean it should be removed.
That's like saying we can't play horror games because it's not Halloween, or we can't eat Eggs because it's not easter.
It Should be kept, It could be renamed to "Pumpkins", it may be different from other maps but it's still "Sky"Wars.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I like scare, also I like the great battles at mid because everyone can get there easily. For the rest at mid is a ladder, might wanna try that out.
Do you really want to be crawling down a ladder out in the open in a gamemode that mainly focuses on ranged combat? Especially in OP chests, where you have punch III and power II bows being aimed at you from all angles... That ladder is a ladder to hell.

TheAdventurerMM

Dedicated Member
Mar 29, 2014
the Netherlands
Do you really want to be crawling down a ladder out in the open in a gamemode that mainly focuses on ranged combat? Especially in OP chests, where you have punch III and power II bows being aimed at you from all angles... That ladder is a ladder to hell.
Actually not, and with OP armor it the fall won't do much damage either...

BAD-MON

Jun 6, 2014
Idk
I personally do not think the maps that were created for a certain holiday should be removed. The more the better. New maps make the game of SW more interesting. Scare isn't like any other map, due to the islands being somewhat connected, making it A unique map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
Top Bottom