• Total voters

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
Okay,
I understand writing in colors is fancy and all that good stuff, but it gets abused all the time.
If you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, read this spoiler.
Ranked players have the permission to chat in colors, together with the permission to type in italic or bold.
You can recognize them by their prefixes (Iron, Lapis, Gold, Diamond, Emerald and Obsidian)

Based on simple observation in multiple lobbies, I could clearly see people using colors for following reasons
1) To advertise, this is one of the main reasons people use colors
2) To get attention
3) To wish me a happy newyear :p
4) Other

I understand you want evidence, here you have some

Out of 213 succesful reports, 94 were for advertising.
That is an outstanding 44%

3oYkErl.jpg

ql4bGYz.jpg

xHROgFz.png

(These pictures are examples of average advertisers that I come across every day)
I understand chatting in colors is one of the perks you pay for, but believe me if I say, I didn't pay €101.16 (89.753137 GBP, rounded to 89.75 GBP) to talk in colors.
Players with Iron ranks don't pay €16.84 (14.9411114 GBP, rounded to 14.94 GBP), just for the color-feature.

Removing this would reduce the amount of advertisers and "crowdyness" (due to everyone talking in colors)
To replace the color-feature, add other features by updating vanity
*cough*
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/nice-vanity-update.202605/ by me
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/vanity-menu-update.202523/ by @Siftenly

~Berre

I think removing colours is way too drastic, besides the ranked players have paid for this feature, or atleast its a very nice thing to have that I took into account when buying my rank. There must be another way to avoid advertisings.

LinoYT

Novice Member
Apr 26, 2017
Ecuador
I think I do not agree with the removal of all colors, it is better to eliminate some not all

xLeromee

Sep 1, 2017
A ~ Good idea, as this can prevent to other people look the 'colours' and write like stone their giveaways, also we can report them but if they write it in colors it's easier to see it.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
It's safe to say that this result is incorrect (manipulated). If not, then..
It is rarely even used according to my experience, let alone abused. Besides, people paid for it.
The voting says otherwise

A ~ Good idea, as this can prevent to other people look the 'colours' and write like stone their giveaways, also we can report them but if they write it in colors it's easier to see it.
Finally someone who uses their brain!

Using memes does not express your opinion.

To everyone: so the only reason is "its a pAid fEaTure"
That's why vanity should be updated like I said in the thread

ChaosConjurer

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2016
Canada
Okay,
I understand writing in colors is fancy and all that good stuff, but it gets abused all the time.
If you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, read this spoiler.
Ranked players have the permission to chat in colors, together with the permission to type in italic or bold.
You can recognize them by their prefixes (Iron, Lapis, Gold, Diamond, Emerald and Obsidian)

Based on simple observation in multiple lobbies, I could clearly see people using colors for following reasons
1) To advertise, this is one of the main reasons people use colors
2) To get attention
3) To wish me a happy newyear :p
4) Other

I understand you want evidence, here you have some

Out of 213 succesful reports, 94 were for advertising.
That is an outstanding 44%

3oYkErl.jpg

ql4bGYz.jpg

xHROgFz.png

(These pictures are examples of average advertisers that I come across every day)
I understand chatting in colors is one of the perks you pay for, but believe me if I say, I didn't pay €101.16 (89.753137 GBP, rounded to 89.75 GBP) to talk in colors.
Players with Iron ranks don't pay €16.84 (14.9411114 GBP, rounded to 14.94 GBP), just for the color-feature.

Removing this would reduce the amount of advertisers and "crowdyness" (due to everyone talking in colors)
To replace the color-feature, add other features by updating vanity
*cough*
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/nice-vanity-update.202605/ by me
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/vanity-menu-update.202523/ by @Siftenly

~Berre

Yes, although it is against server rules, colored chat can be abused. If you ever see someone abusing the color codes by spamming, advertising, etc., then you should report them on our reporting website found here. I personally love the color codes; they are the primary reason why I bought my rank on CubeCraft before joining the staff team. I don't believe they should ever be removed; if we did remove them, then we would be removing a critical aspect of the server’s ranks, which people paid real-life money to obtain. Therefore, I'm very much against this suggestion.

Shrek Trained Me

Apr 16, 2017
North Korea
Yes, although it is against server rules, colored chat can be abused. If you ever see someone abusing the color codes by spamming, advertising, etc., then you should report them on our reporting website found here. I personally love the color codes; they are the primary reason why I bought my rank on CubeCraft before joining the staff team. I don't believe they should ever be removed; if we did remove them, then we would be removing a critical aspect of the server’s ranks, which people paid real-life money to obtain. Therefore, I'm very much against this suggestion.
Woah, you are the first person who paid for the colored chat. Most of the people pay for this:
Iron rank: Vanity items like particles etc
Lapis rank: vanity items, win effect and the vote option for Eggwars
Gold rank: Vote options on different games.
Diamond rank: Most of the people buy this rank for skywars chest-type voting :P
Emerald rank: Flying
Obsidian rank: I don't know? Just to be the highest rank i guess. :D

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes 💕
UncleSpect wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #56-
About 3.2 billion people around the world (roughly 46% of the global population) watched at least a minute of the 2010 World Cup!
Mintypie231 wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎂 🎉
I don't know if I am late/early, but it's 6 may for me. Sorry if I am late.
Top Bottom