Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you like these ideas?

• I liked both of the messages.

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • I didn't like those messsages. (Please explain why)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I only liked the In-game chat message. (Please explain why)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I only liked the Forums message. (Please explain why)

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucaatjee

Jul 7, 2016
The Netherlands
Hello there!

What is my suggestion?
I am suggesting to add a small message in chat for the new players of our amazing server. This message will only be shown to the players that join the server for the first time. Same thing with the forums: when someone creates an account on the Forums, the message will pop-up.

The messages

The message for the in-game chat would look like this:
"Hello <username>!
Welcome to our amazing community!

To ensure that everyone is having a pleasant time playing our games, we would recommend you to read our Official Rules on our website.
You can find the rules via this link ---> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.134453/

Now it's time for you to enjoy our games!

Massive love,
the CubeCraft team"

The message for the Forums would look like this:
"Hello <Forums username>!
To ensure that everyone is having a pleasant time on our forums we would recommend you to read our Official Forum Rules.
You can find the rules via this link ---> https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.134453/
Now it's time for you to enjoy our Forums!

Massive love,
the CubeCraft team"

Why would this be useful?

This would probably increase the amount of players that actually read the rules. Consequently less players would break the rules unintentionally.

Note:
These messages would not force the new players to read the rules. The messages are just recommendations.

Thank you for reading. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Please do not forget to vote in the poll.:D

I would not do it on the server. If you are joined to a server, many people will not read a long message. In the forums it would be possible :)

Reactions: Exull

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
It's a good suggestion. I've got to be honest.

Jollow, think could do different pages for different languages. Quite easy.
I don't think you realise the implications of that
1 they can't know what language they speak before they log in anyways and if you mean it will just repeat in different languages that means that they would have to repeat the same message in chat for every current language there are for the rules not exactly practical

Amicable

Jul 18, 2017
This is an issue on any server with people not reading the rules then blaming staff when they get punished. I think this would make it a lot easier and the player can't claim they "didn't know the rules" when they've been explicitly told to read them!

It might also be a good idea if there's a GUI that pops up with the specific rules for the gamemode the player is in if they haven't played before for the first few times.

XxRubyxX

May 13, 2017
English:
I like this suggestion! It will prevent a lot more players from being punished and just generally will help stop rule breakers!

Spanish:
Me gusta esta sugerencia! ¡Evitará a más jugadores de ser castigados y sólo generalmente ayudará a detener a los rompedores de reglas!

Por cierto, no soy tan bueno en hablar / escribir en español así que lo siento si cometo algún error.

+1

ChaosConjurer

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2016
Canada
Hello there!

What is my suggestion?
I am suggesting to add a small message in chat for the new players of our amazing server. This message will only be shown to the players that join the server for the first time. Same thing with the forums: when someone creates an account on the Forums, the message will pop-up.

The messages

"Hello <username>!

To ensure that everyone is having a pleasant time playing our games, we would recommend you to read our Official Rules on our website.

Massive love,
the CubeCraft team"

To ensure that everyone is having a pleasant time on our forums we would recommend you to read our Official Forum Rules.

Massive love,
the CubeCraft team"

This would probably increase the amount of players that actually read the rules. Consequently less players would break the rules unintentionally.

Note:
These messages would not force the new players to read the rules. The messages are just recommendations.

I think a pop-up message in chat (in-game or on the forums) like this for the first time someone logs in would be very beneficial. It might encourage more people to read the rules before playing and would decrease accidental violations. There would be the problem of not everyone speaking English though and you wouldn't want to spam them with other languages they don't read but this is still a very nice suggestion. :)

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Hello there!

What is my suggestion?

The messages

"Hello <username>!

Massive love,
the CubeCraft team"

Massive love,
the CubeCraft team"

Note:

Not sure if its gonna really have an impact since I'm sure 80% of them won't even bother.
My first time on cube I was very excitied and if there were rules to read I'll skip them honestly. Thats just my personal opionion.
It couldn't hurt to add it in tho..

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
I think this is a good idea. Maybe if it was shorter on the server though? Something like:

"Welcome to CubeCraft! Please read and follow the rules found at <insert rule location>!"

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
I support this idea for 100%, this would decrease the amount of rule-breakers. :)
Not sure if its gonna really have an impact since I'm sure 80% of them won't even bother.
My first time on cube I was very excitied and if there were rules to read I'll skip them honestly. Thats just my personal opionion.
It couldn't hurt to add it in tho..
Not sure about it. Like I said, would players honestly look at the rules carefully?

YaDasLenny

Dedicated Member
Jul 12, 2016
Belgium
Not sure about it. Like I said, would players honestly look at the rules carefully?
I'm not saying everyone but i would read the rules or at least scroll thru the page once. And i mean, if this message only pop's up one time it doesn't hurt anyone.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
pontiac-g6-concept-car-why-not.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom