Votes: 2 28.6%
  • None

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
This is going to be the first of a series of three rants I'm going to post between now and Sunday. This topic is going to be on adding an RPG to Cubecraft, something which has been badly needed
IF I SEE EVEN ONE POST SAYING CUBECRAFT LIKES TO BE ORIGINAL I'M POSTING A FOURTH RANT ON THAT. Thank you have a nice day

Now for the actual rant. Let's talk about role playing games! Role playing games have the most open ideas - you can do anything with them! But nope, Cubecraft decides to add unoriginal games that are 80% copied despite "Wanting to be original" Of all the games Cube has, exactly ONE is an original game: Hourglass. Every other game is either copied off another server (Eggwars, Spleef, SG, UHC). DESPITE WHAT THE STAFF TOLD YOU, GOMMEHD'S BEDWARS CAME OUT FIRST. And no, Cubecraft did not invent skywars. Just another conspiracy theory - just like eggwars - made to entrance the players. The other games are just cheap copies made for wannabes made from Nintendo games (except Blockband).

Now back to the RPG. And no, I don't mean an Earthbound or Terraria style RPG. I'm talking about a Murder Mystery Style game. Murder Mystery is a great game and it's gotten me addicted pretty much (I love the game).

Idea #1: Bring Back Ender. Now tell me, WHY was this NOT kept? Just because it needed a little bit of balancing work? And don't give me the excuse "It was a Halloween game" becuase I didn't see one thing Haloween related in that game. And don't say "It was unpopular" because I can personally gurantee that the only reason the game was unpopular was due to the horrible balancing (I would've most likely loved the game- I only played it twice). I also believe that around 73% of the community voted to keep it - why was it not kept? (This is going to be the topic of the 2nd rant) And if you don't want this game back but would like a horror game:

2nd idea: Five Nights at (Cube related name). I might make a separate suggestion for this, but right now I'll keep it on the rant thread. You don't have to make it extremely complicated - 6 player game, 1 player at the desk, 1 on the phone, and the rest are the 4 robots. Or maybe more people could fit in and act as invisible security cameras. (Effectively making this an 8 vs 4 team game) Obviously, there'd have to be counterbalanced so the robots can't nonstop attack and the desk giy can't keep the walls closed all night. Maybe they can only enter the side rooms once per minute? It may need more development, but it's a start.

Idea #3: Prison Escape
Why hasnt this been added as a game? It's an extremely simple game to code and it could be wildly popular. In this game of 20 players, 8 would be prisoners and 6 would be indoor and 6 would be outdoor security, For the prisoners to win, just one needs to make it out of the outer walls of the prison. It would be set up just like a normal prison, and no blocks can be broken within the prison. To break out, they would either need to get out the front door, go out the back door, or find TnT to blow up the walls. You can also find knives and guns scattered throughout the prison to kill the outer (and inner) security guards. Ultimately, you have to use the delivery truck to break out of the wall (or blow it up). All security guards start with a tazer and handcuffs. If you're hit with a tazer, you'll then be dragged back to your cell and locked up. Your teammates can free you, but they need to steal the keys from one of the policemen or they need to blow your cell up. Outdoor security guards get access to the watch towers and can shoot a beam of light at the ground. They also receive a laser which knocks them out and leaves them there. However, the laser can leave the watch towers They can either be revived by a teammate using another item hidden inside (A special potion) or they can be pulled back to their cell. Now, the words indoor and outdoor guards don't limit where they can go, it's just indoor work much better indoor due to their lack of range and outdoor work better outdoor due to their limited mobility. They can move in between, but it's not recommended. Jailbreakers win if one prisoner escapes the grounds. Guards win if every prisoner is back in their cell or times runs out (The prisoners have 8 minutes to escape). It's likely I'll make a full suggestion thread on this.

Now for all these games, there would be a system to determine who gets the smaller roles.

Ender: Start at a 2% chance to get Ender

+4% Chance for Playing and Dying as Human
+12% Chance for Playing and Winning as Human

-2% Chance for Leaving Early as Human
Back to 2% for Losing as Ender

+0% for Winning as Ender

This is of course after the game is balanced.

FFAF: Start as 20% chance as desk guy, 60% as a robot, 20% chance as phone. I can't come up with a good system for this one.

Prison Escape: 40% as Prisoner, 30% at Each Security Guard - Decreases based off what you just played.

So please, just add a freaking RPG game already. Your player base is quickly dwindling, you need an out there game to get it back from Hypixel. I feel that one of these three games could do the trick.

Tags: @Earth @Dotsy @Gainfullterror @KronosReeper @Nikoshka @Ping Ether @TheJeroen

D

Deleted member 169486

IF I SEE EVEN ONE POST SAYING CUBECRAFT LIKES TO BE ORIGINAL I'M POSTING A FOURTH RANT ON THAT. Thank you have a nice day
Cubecraft likes to be original...

I read up until the end of suggesting adding back Ender because I just woke up. I will edit this later after I look at it all.

Back to the suggestion, I don't see a reason not to add ender back. It was a great game and I had a ton of fun playing it.

Edit:
I played five nights at Freddie's and didn't very much like it. Therefore, I probably won't like a minecraft version, but I know people did like the original game so I don't think I can help on this.

As for the third suggestion l am totally for this. Other servers have it and I would love to see a cubecraft twist on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
CUBECRAFT LIKES TO BE ORIGINAL

k bye
+1 tho

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
DESPITE WHAT THE STAFF TOLD YOU, GOMMEHD'S BEDWARS CAME OUT FIRST. And no, Cubecraft did not invent skywars. Just another conspiracy theory - just like eggwars - made to entrance the player

On Topic: I'd love a roleplaying game of some sort. Years ago, I made a few suggestions for games that somewhat fit your desires. One of them was called Citadel, and the point of the game was to work together with your team to fight your way up 20 stories of a monster-infested tower and defeat the boss. There would be 12 different classes, some of which had synergies with each other (a player using the Necromancer class would gain health whenever a Death Knight killed a monster, and likewise could sacrifice one of their minions to give the Death Knight a temporary strength boost) Choosing your team would make the game different depending on which classes people chose. There'd also be a competitive mode where four teams fight through four different towers at once and race to the top

Another game I suggested was titled Wake the Dead, and had a few players sending waves of minions to attack a town. The rest of the players had to defend the villagers as well as destroy the cave from which the monsters were coming, so it would require some teamwork and communication. Like Citadel, there were a few classes to choose from, some of which are better suited for one task than the other.

I'm not a huge fan of the FNaF or prison ideas; I feel like their time has sort of come and gone. I'd like to see Ender return at some point though.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I like all of them except FNACC, I just don't really like the game and it seems boring, especially if it's a minecraft version.

But yes, cubecraft needs to add a game of these ASAP, because the playerbase already shrank like a lot. Hypixel now is 3x as large as cube unlike 1.3x or so in the past, and the reason is because they actually add new games and do exciting stuff.

Just one game will do for now, best candidate is Ender in my opinion because it's already developed. All that needs to happen is balance it and add that % system suggested here.

So cubecraft, it's not hard to add it back, the playerbase already dropped immensely, do something about it now. No excuse not to do so.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Cubecraft's housing system was their attempt to make Cubecraft more 'roleplayish'.
Failed badly tbh

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
It would definently be pretty fun to play some role playing games. I would like to see some games a bit like these.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I am very tempted to do this just because I would like to see a fourth
you can do anything with them! But nope, Cubecraft decides to add unoriginal games that are 80% copied despite "Wanting to be original"
Here comes that thread by guarrd again
I'm talking about a Murder Mystery Style game.
I cannot tell you how much I would want that too but I also cannot tell you how little point I see in suggesting it period because of the amount of negative feedback bringing this up with the "Cubecraft does not copy game modem"
Idea #1: Bring Back Ender.
YES
Now tell me, WHY was this NOT kept?
because the staff team never intended to keep it
they did say "Ender here till ..."
I didn't see one thing Haloween
well I have never heard of Halo-ween
And don't say "It was unpopular" because I can personally gurantee that the only reason the game was unpopular was due to the horrible balancing
it was unpopular?
2nd idea: Five Nights at (Cube related name).
lol better be or copyright attack
I personally have never liked FNAF so I ain't Voting for it sorry I read the rest of the message but am not responding to it
Idea #3: Prison Escape
Yes Please Same With Up There Read It But Just Left The Part

Over All I Chose First & Third

DON'T RESPOND TO THIS

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I really don't know how I feel about this.
A lot of the current players playing on the server, are here for the competitive gamemodes (Like skywars, Eggwars & SG) and gamemodes like Lucky islands & Minerware.
Adding RPG style games wouldn't be true to the other gamemode styles, so I can't predict how the community will like it. People liked Ender quite a bit, but it needed a lot of balancing to form a decent & fun gamemode. I'd love to see Cube try this out, but I don't know what to expect from it.
Maybe they could add RPG aspects to FFA... similar to runescape or something?

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
I really would like RPG or Co-Op games especially since Hypixel removed theirs... But it has to be original. Something the community has never seen before, so more people would maybe come in I guess.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
Top Bottom