Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Original Message of Quality Of Life by Admins (Discord)

All was explained in the video

Here is a short version in text.

Cubecraft has NOT been treating their players EQUALLY. People with high ping get blamed for bugs happening to them because of where they live
Cubecraft has NOT been treating their players EQUALLY. People with high CPS get blamed for bugs happening to them
Cubecraft has NOT been treating their players EQUALLY. Cubecraft pushes off Game breaking bugs saying "this is currently not a very high priority to fix." DESPITE IT BEING BUGGED FOR OVER A YEAR DAMNIT

The fact WE get BLAMED for things that are OUT OF OUR CONTROL is ridiculous.

ALL PLAYERS DESERVE THE RIGHT TO PLAY REGARDLESS OF DEVICE, WHERE YOU LIVE, OR WHAT CPS YOU GET

ALL PLAYERS DESERVE THE SAME NEEDS AS ANY OTHER PLAYERS. PLAYERS GETTING HARASSED/TARGETTED ON/OFF STREAMS/DISCORD AND ANYTHING ELSE DESERVE THE SAME REPORTS AS STREAMERS

ALL PLAYERS DESRVE TO FOLLOW THE SAME FORMAT OF APPEALS AS ALL PLAYERS!

ALL PLAYERS SHOULD BE LOOKED AT THE SAME IN REPORTS REGARDLESS IF THEY HAVE A NAME OR NOT
(Leaderboards/streamers)

CUBECRAFT HAS NOT BEEN TREATING PLAYERS FAIRY AND HAVE BEEN BLAMING THEIR OWN PROBLEMS ON OTHER PEOPLE.
MAY IT BE ON MOJANG, YOU OR ANYONE ELSE THE FACT THEY CAN'T TAKE RESPONSIBILTY FOR THE CHOICES THEY MAKE IS RIDICULOUS.

EACH
PLAYER
DESERVES
THE
RIGHT
TO
PLAY
REGARDLESS
OF
WHO
THEY
ARE

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
First of all, I am not sure how QoL is involved in any way? A QoL update is an update to change minor things just for the sake, well, Quality of Life. Bug reports are in no way related to QoL.

Secondly, we had a reason to do what we did.
12800.png

Multiple members have tried reproducing your bugs, and we couldn't. That either means that it's extremely rare, already fixed or it only happens to a handful of users. For bugs, we often need more information than is being given to us in bug reports, which is why it is rather important that we can reproduce these bugs. I'm not saying that bugs we can't reproduce are never forwarded ~ we do this quite often, especially with new game releases/updates, but with such an uncommon bug that only happens to very few people, it's important we can reproduce it.

Like said by Drew in this thread, we do agree that our bug handling in the past hasn't been optimal and are looking into ways to improve this, hoping to make this system better in the near future!

Cubecraft has NOT been treating their players EQUALLY. People with high ping get blamed for bugs happening to them because of where they live
This often is because these bugs are either extremely hard to fix which simply is not worth the time at the moment/can't be fixed in the current system, or because it's unfixable.

Cubecraft has NOT been treating their players EQUALLY. People with high CPS get blamed for bugs happening to them
This is very much untrue. We have never blamed people for triggering bugs.

Cubecraft has NOT been treating their players EQUALLY. Cubecraft pushes off Game breaking bugs saying "this is currently not a very high priority to fix." DESPITE IT BEING BUGGED FOR OVER A YEAR DAMNIT
Having to choose priorities and balancing our dev resources has nothing to do with treating players equally. I believe the ghost blocks bug has been looked at numerous times, and a few attempts were made to fix it but unfortunately, bugs can be extremely complicated.

ALL PLAYERS DESERVE THE RIGHT TO PLAY REGARDLESS OF DEVICE, WHERE YOU LIVE, OR WHAT CPS YOU GET
I don't recall us discriminating everyone for any of these reasons. Instead, we got input based matchmaking to ''help'' the people who play on eg mobile to not match up with keyboard players.
On top of that, ''WHERE YOU LIVE" it is unfortunately not possible to have servers in every country. We've recently introduced NA servers to make our server more playable for people not based in Europe, and are looking into adding more regions.

:kermitwhat:

ALL PLAYERS SHOULD BE LOOKED AT THE SAME IN REPORTS REGARDLESS IF THEY HAVE A NAME OR NOT (Leaderboards/streamers)
We treat our players equally in reports? I am not sure where you get this from?

CUBECRAFT HAS NOT BEEN TREATING PLAYERS FAIRY AND HAVE BEEN BLAMING THEIR OWN PROBLEMS ON OTHER PEOPLE.
MAY IT BE ON MOJANG, YOU OR ANYONE ELSE THE FACT THEY CAN'T TAKE RESPONSIBILTY FOR THE CHOICES THEY MAKE IS RIDICULOUS.
This is very untrue. Yes, sometimes the cause of an issue is not with us but with Minecraft, and we can't really do anything else besides saying "This is a Minecraft bug.".

EACH
PLAYER
DESERVES
THE
RIGHT
TO
PLAY
REGARDLESS
OF
WHO
THEY
ARE
And we as Team CubeCraft agree!

We do aim on giving our players the best playing experience we can, and I am sorry you don't feel like this.

Last edited:

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
First of all, I am not sure how QoL is involved in any way? A QoL update is an update to change minor things just for the sake, well, Quality of Life. Bug reports are in no way related to QoL.
Quality of Life is something that would change the Quality of Life on cubecraft

It shouldn't be limited to something small.

In no way can a added skin, remade textures for leaving and joining change the Quality of Cubecraft compared to a bug fix over 14months. It just becomes forgotten after 1 day.

Multiple members have tried reproducing your bugs, and we couldn't. That either means that it's extremely rare, already fixed or it only happens to a handful of users
I get it on 100 ping, toby gets them on 20 ping. Happens multiple times a game so I don't know how those are rare or uncommon? i showed in the video me getting ghost blocks 3 times within the same game?

ALSO IN THE MENU BUG I SHOWED MYSELF GETTING IT CONSISTENTLY!
how is that not proof enough??
Like said by Drew in this thread, we do agree that our bug handling in the past hasn't been optimal and are looking into ways to improve this, hoping to make this system better in the near future!
Why better in the future? Bajan Canadian built a server in 100 days, but you guys to struggle to fix a single bug over 14+ MONTHS. How is that not out of hand? You should be putting more time and resources in that over a stupid little new gamemode. Sure it might be fun, but at the same time all the other gamemodes are getting affected by some sort ghost blocks!

This often is because these bugs are either extremely hard to fix which simply is not worth the time, or because it's unfixable.
1) They aren't unfixable
2) it was fixed before and worked fine
3) revert the changes and find another way to fix ghost bridging that doesn't affect every player
4) OR JUST SIMPLY RUN THE GAM EIN BEDROCK OVER JAVA!
5) WHEN SOMETHING IS HARD THAT SHOULDN'T MEAN TO STOP, IT MEANS TO TRY HARDER. SUCCEED AT A CHALLANGE.
5.2) Literally it's more fun to 1v4 sweats and win then it is to 4v1 a bad player and win

I don't recall us discriminating everyone for any of these reasons. Instead, we got input based matchmaking to ''help'' the people who play on eg mobile to not match up with keyboard players.
It took over a year for you guys to change anything for console players. And took quite a while to add anything to FFA. Sure you still added them. But a year to fix entities?

On top of that, ''WHERE YOU LIVE" it is unfortunately not possible to have servers in every country. We've recently introduced NA servers to make our server more playable for people not based in Europe, and are looking into adding more regions.
I got blamed that my ping was the cause of a bug, which it COMPLETLY WASN'T it was that I was just too fast for the shop which caused me to click escape on the menu before it opened making it wait 5 seconds to open again. Yea it's a good feature to have a delay but not a 5 second one, nobody has 5000 ping. maybe change it to 1 second so it isn't as game breaking? Same with the menu's to play again, why is it 30 seconds? nobody has 30000 ping.
Trust me, I know of mods unbanning their friends. I can name them off but I could care less

We treat our players equally in reports? I am not sure where you get this from?
LOL, I reported a staff for not treating players equally. So yea, and that report was also looked in by a few other people I'd assume. He waited the 30days then denied the report telling me to "Make a new one" Knowing damn well that I couldn't because of the 3 week evidence limit

This is very untrue. Yes, sometimes the cause of an issue is not with us but with Minecraft, and we can't really do anything else besides saying "This is a Minecraft bug.".
Your running the server on java are you not? So downwards KB exists, YOU HAVE FIXED IT WITH FIRE, why not fall damage? Why not player inflicted damage?

Why blame it on Mojang when it's a Java bug and not a Bedrock one? It was CUBECRAFTS choice to run the server on JAVA for a BEDROCK server.

So yes, it is your problem....

And we as Team CubeCraft agree!

We do aim on giving our players the best playing experience we can, and I am sorry you don't feel like this.
You might agree but I see no change for it.

Especially with the swing sounds why tf where they completely removed???? A player can chose to remove the sounds if they are played on server. But a player that likes them can't chose to add them back if you remove the entire player.swing sounds

Reactions: Conea64

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Multiple members have tried reproducing your bugs, and we couldn't. That either means that it's extremely rare, already fixed or it only happens to a handful of users. For bugs, we often need more information than is being given to us in bug reports, which is why it is rather important that we can reproduce these bugs. I'm not saying that bugs we can't reproduce are never forwarded ~ we do this quite often, especially with new game releases/updates, but with such an uncommon bug that only happens to very few people, it's important we can reproduce it.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Quality of Life is something that would change the Quality of Life on cubecraft

It shouldn't be limited to something small.

In no way can a added skin, remade textures for leaving and joining change the Quality of Cubecraft compared to a bug fix over 14months. It just becomes forgotten after 1 day.
We're wanting to ensure that we have a healthy medium of releasing quality of life content, bug fixes and new content for our players, however this is a very difficult balance that requires time. It's not something that can be solved in a matter of "oh that's easy! Just put one dev on each and that's all!" as it's a far much more complex system than it seems. Know that we're actively working on this and it is in constant discussion, but it unfortunately cannot be fixed as simply as it sounds.

I get it on 100 ping, toby gets them on 20 ping. Happens multiple times a game so I don't know how those are rare or uncommon? i showed in the video me getting ghost blocks 3 times within the same game?

ALSO IN THE MENU BUG I SHOWED MYSELF GETTING IT CONSISTENTLY!
how is that not proof enough??
There really is no need to keep using caps and pretty much scream all the time, I can perfectly read normal letters. I'm talking to you in a decent tone, would be quite civil to be decent back.
I personally have not been too involved within bug handling and tracking recently, though I've got full faith in Marieke and the rest of the team and am sure they did try their best. Like Marieke said, multiple members tried but couldn't, and the block cancelation has been forwarded and added to our bug tracking system, and I am sure we will get to it when we have our new system in place.

Why better in the future? Bajan Canadian built a server in 100 days, but you guys to struggle to fix a single bug over 14+ MONTHS. How is that not out of hand? You should be putting more time and resources in that over a stupid little new gamemode. Sure it might be fun, but at the same time all the other gamemodes are getting affected by some sort ghost blocks!
Please read Drews reply and his replies to follow-up questions, he explains it fairly well ~ better than I ever can.

1) They aren't unfixable
2) it was fixed before and worked fine
3) revert the changes and find another way to fix ghost bridging that doesn't affect every player
4) OR JUST SIMPLY RUN THE GAM EIN BEDROCK OVER JAVA!
5) WHEN SOMETHING IS HARD THAT SHOULDN'T MEAN TO STOP, IT MEANS TO TRY HARDER. SUCCEED AT A CHALLANGE.
5.2) Literally it's more fun to 1v4 sweats and win then it is to 4v1 a bad player and win
1) ''This often is because these bugs are either extremely hard to fix which simply is not worth the time at the moment/can't be fixed in the current system, or because it's unfixable.''
2) Things change, new updates and codes get rolled out ~ chance is that there is a different cause this time.
3) We are trying, and reverting stuff isn't as easy as it sounds. Sure, it's easy to revert stuff but we often push out stuff that is meant to increase performance, not something we'd like to revert.
5) I never said we stopped because it's hard. I did say that we sometimes need to postpone looking at certain bugs since our time schedule/dev resources do not allow it.

It took over a year for you guys to change anything for console players. And took quite a while to add anything to FFA. Sure you still added them. But a year to fix entities?
Things are sometimes not as easy as it looks. This, along with dev resources caused it to be an issue for rather long, but like I previously mentioned, we are looking into ways to improve this. We are still learning what the best way to tackle this is.

I got blamed that my ping was the cause of a bug, which it COMPLETLY WASN'T it was that I was just too fast for the shop which caused me to click escape on the menu before it opened making it wait 5 seconds to open again. Yea it's a good feature to have a delay but not a 5 second one, nobody has 5000 ping. maybe change it to 1 second so it isn't as game breaking? Same with the menu's to play again, why is it 30 seconds? nobody has 30000 ping.
Are you able to link me?

Trust me, I know of mods unbanning their friends. I can name them off but I could care less
If you can't care less, then why are you adressing it. Feel free to report them on https://cbecrft.net/stafffeedback

LOL, I reported a staff for not treating players equally. So yea, and that report was also looked in by a few other people I'd assume. He waited the 30days then denied the report telling me to "Make a new one" Knowing damn well that I couldn't because of the 3 week evidence limit
You know we can't just wait with handling reports? All mods can pretty much handle all reports (except language barriers), so I doubt that.

Especially with the swing sounds why tf where they completely removed???? A player can chose to remove the sounds if they are played on server. But a player that likes them can't chose to add them back if you remove the entire player.swing sounds
We have had loads of complaints in the past.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
you =/= our team
But I am a player, the players make up your server

The team shouldn't be making all the shots that they think should be made. You should get the server working for ALL PLAYERS
Not just the ones that will be blind sided to the bugs.

The fact that the bug is FOURTEEN MONTHS OLD IS CONCERNING. THE FACT THAT IT IS CALLED "NOT A PRIORITY" AFTER FOURTEEN MONTHS IS CONCERNING.

It's majorly game breaking

EACH
PLAYER
DESERVES
THE
RIGHT
TO
PLAY
REGARDLESS
OF
WHO
THEY
ARE

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be

ALL PLAYERS DESERVE THE SAME NEEDS AS ANY OTHER PLAYERS. PLAYERS GETTING HARASSED/TARGETTED ON/OFF STREAMS/DISCORD AND ANYTHING ELSE DESERVE THE SAME REPORTS AS STREAMERS

ALL PLAYERS SHOULD BE LOOKED AT THE SAME IN REPORTS REGARDLESS IF THEY HAVE A NAME OR NOT
(Leaderboards/streamers)

EACH
PLAYER
DESERVES
THE
RIGHT
TO
PLAY
REGARDLESS
OF
WHO
THEY
ARE
ikr they always blamed mojang or their players everytime a major bug happened lmao. They never even attempted to fix the bug that has been around for probably around 3 years or something. It's annoying dude.

They kept making updates after updates to make CubeCraft competitive but the problem is the server is too buggy that you can't even combo people smoothly and if you get combo, you can't escape cuz ghost blocks meaning that if you have 100+ pings and your opponent had 1 ping. Chances are, every blocks you placed would be ghost blocks.

tbh, i don't really care about competitive CubeCraft that much anymore. I just hate those annoying bugs. It's been around for YEARS and never gets fixed.

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020

(Leaderboards/streamers)

EACH
PLAYER
DESERVES
THE
RIGHT
TO
PLAY
REGARDLESS
OF
WHO
THEY
ARE
If Cubecraft just added an Asian proxy and stopped producing so many games, but rather work on ones that a lot of people have enjoyed for a long while, maybe then Cubecraft won't look as buggy to people coming from the Hive's perspective, as Hive actually spend time on each of their 5ish game modes, fixing game breaking bugs which are honestly, just not acceptable for the number 1 server on Bedrock. Also make Singapore servers or bald

BoredBoi

Novice Member
Jul 15, 2020
Earth
i do think it is half client side bug and half server side
so it can't be completely fixed so take a chill pill

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
If Cubecraft just added an Asian proxy and stopped producing so many games, but rather work on ones that a lot of people have enjoyed for a long while, maybe then Cubecraft won't look as buggy to people coming from the Hive's perspective, as Hive actually spend time on each of their 5ish game modes, fixing game breaking bugs which are honestly, just not acceptable for the number 1 server on Bedrock. Also make Singapore servers or bald
I believe they won't be adding new servers anytime soon. But I'm sure they will in the future, someday..

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
I know, bugs are frustrating.
BUT, this is not a bug.
Q: Why is not a bug?
A: To be a bug a Dev should be able to reproduce it.
Q: But there is a video as a proof?
A: Devs cant DEBUG a bug if they can't reproduce it.
I thibk your forgetten the fact THAT IT HAD BEEN FOURTEEN MONTHS.
420 DAY
10,080 HOURS
604,800 MINUTES
36,288,009 SECONDS since THAT I HAVE ON RECORD that these ghost blocks have started.

But I guess it’s not a bug. Sorry that CC staff team can’t place blocks in a block game. Because HELL I get this bug

EVERY
SINGLE
GAME
THAT
I
PLAY

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
I thibk your forgetten the fact THAT IT HAD BEEN FOURTEEN MONTHS.
420 DAY
10,080 HOURS
604,800 MINUTES
36,288,009 SECONDS since THAT I HAVE ON RECORD that these ghost blocks have started.

But I guess it’s not a bug. Sorry that CC staff team can’t place blocks in a block game. Because HELL I get this bug

EVERY
SINGLE
GAME
THAT
I
PLAY
it's more annoying when you have like 100+ pings or so and your opponent have 1 - 6 pings. Every block you tried to place to block them just suddenly turned into ghost blocks

Reactions: Matriox
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom