Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

PieCreeper

Dec 18, 2016
The other day, I applied for the Helper role. However, the application was unsuccessful because it did not answer all of the questions. I did not see the questions I was required to answer because they were hidden as a spoiler. I did not think to click on the small button that reveals the spoiler. I was focused on the plenty of text that was already visible. I thought the questions I had to answer was under "What do we look for in an applicant." There is no reason for the application format to be a spoiler as it is not spoiling anything. It is something everyone applying for helper should see. I suggest changing the application format to not be in a spoiler so it is more visible and there are less cases of applications missing questions.

Staff.png

Just look at how unnoticeable the button that reveals the application format is compared to the whole post.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I disagree. Those who apply should read through the entire thread before applying. This shows how some people really rush their application.

It makes sense to have it at the bottom: to encourage applicants to read everything. If it were at the top, certain applicants would just open the thread, see the format and apply without reading anything.

PieCreeper

Dec 18, 2016
I read the entire thread (excluding the spoiler) multiple times. I did not even acknowledge that was a button I can click until I was told about it when my application was marked unsuccessful. I agree that it should be on the bottom of the page, but it should not be hidden in a small button that is easy to miss.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I read the entire thread (excluding the spoiler) multiple times. I did not even acknowledge that was a button I can click until I was told about it when my application was marked unsuccessful. I agree that it should be on the bottom of the page, but it should not be hidden in a small button that is easy to miss.
I think it's common sense. If I were to be relatively new to the forums and I'd apply, I'd go to this thread and see a spoiler titled 'Application Format'. First thing I'd do is simply click it..? 😝
Think it's best to leave it on a spoiler so applicants aren't just bombarded with a wall of text straight after opening it.

Reactions: itrieditathome

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Let me tell you a few things real quick.
First, I wouldn't say that it is any nice to share your application experience on the public forum, as such things should stay for yourself.
Second, I would like to tell you, that you should really read what's written in the guide, before applying.
Simply, because you should know what Helpers do, as well you should know what you must have before applying.
And last, I don't think that it is needed.
Everyone who applies because of the role, not because of the fame and perks doesn't rush like that.
In my eyes that's too immature.

PieCreeper

Dec 18, 2016
I regret making this thread. I realize that this does not help.
I am going to learn all the features on the forums and how they work before making my next application.

Reactions: Priley

Ma7mouD

Dedicated Member
Apr 27, 2019
Amman, Jordan
Most of applicants use this spoiler when they get a new tag in their application, I feel the best place is for the tags a spoiler, it is clean like this.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
The other day, I applied for the Helper role. However, the application was unsuccessful because it did not answer all of the questions. I did not see the questions I was required to answer because they were hidden as a spoiler. I did not think to click on the small button that reveals the spoiler. I was focused on the plenty of text that was already visible. I thought the questions I had to answer was under "What do we look for in an applicant." There is no reason for the application format to be a spoiler as it is not spoiling anything. It is something everyone applying for helper should see. I suggest changing the application format to not be in a spoiler so it is more visible and there are less cases of applications missing questions.

View attachment 170268

Just look at how unnoticeable the button that reveals the application format is compared to the whole post.

I disagree. Those who apply should read through the entire thread before applying. This shows how some people really rush their application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
Top Bottom