Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should punishment severity for teaming in solo games be increased?

• Total voters

Herbert The Duck

Novice Member
Aug 12, 2019
Inspiration for this thread came from a discussion about altering the punishment track for hacking on the server.
As it stands, I think the punishment track is too lenient for teaming on solo games. As I mentioned in that discussion, teaming is solo games is a difficult rule to 'accidently' break given that you are warned at the start of every game that teaming is punishable and could result in a ban. It is for this reason that I propose harsher punishments for people who break this rule.

Current punishment track: 1 Day → 7 Days → 30 Days → Permanent

Proposed punishment track: 3 Days → 15 Days → 30 Days → Permanent

This new track would still allow people to appeal and give them multiple chances to correct themselves before a more permanent ban.
Feel free to comment if you agree, or comment other ways to potentially solve the issue.

Aratic

Dec 30, 2022
that orange tree
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Teaming could be a misunderstanding, let’s say you face a diamond player and an iron, you are also iron, you guys might team up against the diamond at that moment on accident as they’re the harder opponent, and teaming is annoying but if you are smart enough you can beat 2

Herbert The Duck

Novice Member
Aug 12, 2019
Teaming could be a misunderstanding, let’s say you face a diamond player and an iron, you are also iron, you guys might team up against the diamond at that moment on accident as they’re the harder opponent, and teaming is annoying but if you are smart enough you can beat 2
True, I get that. That's not always the case though, and besides not the kind I think requires punishment. The kind of teaming I'm talking about is blatant teaming where it's obvious they're working together.

The report would still need to get approved by staff anyway, so that would filter out most of the misunderstandings. And for those it doesn't, there are also appeals. I've appealed an accidental teaming ban before and it got solved right away.

Cube Nerd

Jun 18, 2021
Inspiration for this thread came from a discussion about altering the punishment track for hacking on the server.
As it stands, I think the punishment track is too lenient for teaming on solo games. As I mentioned in that discussion, teaming is solo games is a difficult rule to 'accidently' break given that you are warned at the start of every game that teaming is punishable and could result in a ban. It is for this reason that I propose harsher punishments for people who break this rule.

Current punishment track: 1 Day → 7 Days → 30 Days → Permanent

Proposed punishment track: 3 Days → 15 Days → 30 Days → Permanent

This new track would still allow people to appeal and give them multiple chances to correct themselves before a more permanent ban.
Feel free to comment if you agree, or comment other ways to potentially solve the issue.
No, the mojority of players who team in that solo game are when to people crouch, they aren't irl friends, those people play duos, If they teamed from the start they should get 30 days then permanently banned

wer2wer2

Jul 20, 2022
Somewhere in the universe
But there are Mods, who are controlling your reports. They decide if it´s Teaming or not. For me, teaming in Skywars and Lucky Iland is when 2 players throw items at each other or fight other players together. By that I don't mean knocking down a player in pairs, but doing it with several players.

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I don’t agree with the idea of making the punishment tracks more severe. In my opinion, teaming is a very minor offense compared to other offenses such as cheating. You are still very much able to kill a pair of players teaming in a game.

I do, however, think that one day as the first ban is a little too lenient. Changing it to three days won’t hurt and teaches the rulebreakers a better lesson, in my opinion. This, again, does not mean that I agree with making the punishment track for teaming more severe in general. One week is fine as a second ban, and if they clearly haven’t learnt their lesson by then, then comes the 30 days to a permanent ban. And I’m definitely against removing steps from the track. Like I said before, teaming is a very minor offense.

wer2wer2

Jul 20, 2022
Somewhere in the universe
I don’t agree with the idea of making the punishment tracks more severe. In my opinion, teaming is a very minor offense compared to other offenses such as cheating. You are still very much able to kill a pair of players teaming in a game.

I do, however, think that one day as the first ban is a little too lenient. Changing it to three days won’t hurt and teaches the rulebreakers a better lesson, in my opinion. This, again, does not mean that I agree with making the punishment track for teaming more severe in general. One week is fine as a second ban, and if they clearly haven’t learnt their lesson by then, then comes the 30 days to a permanent ban. And I’m definitely against removing steps from the track. Like I said before, teaming is a very minor offense.
I totally agree with you

Reactions: Hoshi

Aratic

Dec 30, 2022
that orange tree
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
True, I get that. That's not always the case though, and besides not the kind I think requires punishment. The kind of teaming I'm talking about is blatant teaming where it's obvious they're working together.

The report would still need to get approved by staff anyway, so that would filter out most of the misunderstandings. And for those it doesn't, there are also appeals. I've appealed an accidental teaming ban before and it got solved right away.
I do agree that it will filter out most understandings but still there are still misunderstandings and people who can’t apeal, that’s why I say a day is enough, also it’s pretty easy to take people down if you play your cards righy

Herbert The Duck

Novice Member
Aug 12, 2019
I do agree that it will filter out most understandings but still there are still misunderstandings and people who can’t apeal, that’s why I say a day is enough, also it’s pretty easy to take people down if you play your cards righy
I don't think it should be on you to do so though. It just shouldn't happen to begin with. And while yes I agree its usually not that hard to win anyway, it's harder on games like survival games where you can't knock anyone into the void.

• Unsure
Reactions: Hoshi
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom